Hertzel Column - Stewart,a Splayers m...

Hertzel Column - Stewart,a Splayers mourn death of UConna s Howard

There are 1 comment on the The Times West Virginian story from Oct 26, 2009, titled Hertzel Column - Stewart,a Splayers mourn death of UConna s Howard. In it, The Times West Virginian reports that:

Just twelve hours earlier there was a winning smile on Bill Stewart's face. Why not? His West Virginia football team had just beaten intrastate rival Marshall and the injury to his quarterback, Jarrett Brown, was not nearly as serious as it first appeared.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times West Virginian.

bill farson

Niceville, FL

#1 Oct 26, 2009
Nice article, everything you wrote probably true; but, I believe WVU overreacted to the terrible tragedy. The team was not ready to play.We can show our respect and sympathy without going completely overboard. If people think we did enough or even not enough, the game should have been caceled

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jarrett Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite new QB, NCAA allegations, West Virginia... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Chosen Traveler 1
News West Virginia Mountaineers QB Jarrett Brown day... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Dana 1
News West Virginia Mountaineers 2009 Outlook (Jul '09) Aug '09 WVU DAve 21
News The Mountaineers Say They Will Change Boos to C... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Zac 3
News Auburn fires Franklin as offensive coordinator (Oct '08) Oct '08 Gary 1
News West Virginia's White to play against Rutgers (Sep '08) Sep '08 Gary 1
News COLUMN: Brown had - Product Rodriguez' for sale (Jul '08) Jul '08 Bulldozer 3
More from around the web