Report card

Report card

There are 27 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Oct 13, 2008, titled Report card. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

OK, somebody has to say it. Rookie quarterback Joe Flacco has been looking a lot like Kyle Boller the past two weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scott G

Alexandria, VA

#1 Oct 13, 2008
Ahh, the Mike Preston we all love finally showed up.
RavensFaninNY

Canada

#2 Oct 13, 2008
Haha if you just read Mike Preston's description on his report card you might think that Flacco didn't complete any passes but lets look at the completion stats:

Flacco 28/38 - 74% completion
Manning 19/28 - 68% completion

Three interceptions didn't help but without a breakout reciever, O-Line protection, or a running game it puts a lot of pressure on the shoulders of one rookie and mistakes are going to happen.
FireTrembley

Severna Park, MD

#3 Oct 13, 2008
Should be F's across the board. We were completely embarrassed yesterday. Like I said, after Indy routed us...all illusions would be lost. This is not a playoff team. Just a team that beat two of the worst teams in football and managed not to get completely rolled by two mediocre teams. Indy will finish with at least 10 wins. Twice as many as the Ravens.
John

Chevy Chase, MD

#4 Oct 13, 2008
Give the kid a break, he's a rookie. Very few rookie QBs look good their first year. Both Aikman and Peyton went 1-15 I believe their first year.

This offense never plays well against Indy, I think it has to do with the speed of their defense.

Our Defense needs to learn to wrap up when they tackle, and stop trying to make the big hits that might show up on ESPN highlights. How many times to you see them trying to make a big hit and they either bounce off of them or miss.

The back field also needs to play in their position and stop gambling trying to make big plays.
lewesjim

United States

#5 Oct 13, 2008
" Flacco looks like Boller" Of course he does since the team is the same one that Boller played with. We will be lucky if he does not take the beatings that Boller took and ends up like Boller.
hank

United States

#6 Oct 13, 2008
I had to turn the game off after it took 7 guys to tackle Rhodes.This game was embarassing all around.How do you go from the best defense in the league to looking like the worst?We proved we can't compete with the elite teams in this league.Who are we kidding?
FireTrembley

United States

#7 Oct 13, 2008
Our defense is too dumb to tackle properly. They like to put the hit on and not wrap up their man. I've seen this crap all season long. It burnt them bad in their last three games. If you're going to tee off on someone you better connect. Rex Ryan needs to address this...proper fundementals are being ignored. If this continues I think he should be fired.
Bigfoot

Baltimore, MD

#8 Oct 13, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
Our defense is too dumb to tackle properly. They like to put the hit on and not wrap up their man. I've seen this crap all season long. It burnt them bad in their last three games. If you're going to tee off on someone you better connect. Rex Ryan needs to address this...proper fundementals are being ignored. If this continues I think he should be fired.
This comment just proves you are an idiot. It really is quite fascinating.
FireTrembley

United States

#9 Oct 13, 2008
Bigfoot wrote:
<quoted text>
This comment just proves you are an idiot. It really is quite fascinating.
You're clearly not a Ravens fan...or at least you haven't watched any of the games. Yesterday missed tackles all over the place. Those two pivotal drives in the Pitt and Tenn games, missed tackles all over the place. Bart Scott, Jarrett Johnson, and company are trying to tee off and missing. Grab the man and drag him down. This is an undisciplined team. And it starts from the top.
Pete

Hunt Valley, MD

#10 Oct 13, 2008
When we played the Colts in the playoffs two years ago they said the Colts had a poor defense against the rush. Come to think of it, everytime the press says our opponent has a poor defense (ala Cinn. last year) we lay an egg. I don't get it?!!
Pete

Hunt Valley, MD

#11 Oct 13, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
<quoted text>
You're clearly not a Ravens fan...or at least you haven't watched any of the games. Yesterday missed tackles all over the place. Those two pivotal drives in the Pitt and Tenn games, missed tackles all over the place. Bart Scott, Jarrett Johnson, and company are trying to tee off and missing. Grab the man and drag him down. This is an undisciplined team. And it starts from the top.
They're not being dumb, it's that show-off crap for ESPN highlights..trying to "jack-up" everyone... well I guess that is dumb when the guy bounces off of you and keeps running..nevermind, you're right. I will say this, Ray Lewis is the best tackler I've ever seen. Players just seem to crumble when he simply touches them...crazy!
Mr Football

Baltimore, MD

#12 Oct 13, 2008
One good thing to take from the game is that Flacco threw for 240 yards and had a high completion percentage. I know the Colts were in prevent for most of this but he got his timing together on the slants and made some good throws down the seam. A couple of weeks ago the Jets were getting blown out by the Chargers so they had Favre throw a ton in the second half. He got his timing with Coles and the rest of the receivers and has been much better since. I hope this happens with Flacco. Also, McGahee is running like Jamal Lewis was a couple years ago. Slow to hit the hole and gets taken down by arm tackles.
Brian

Glen Burnie, MD

#13 Oct 13, 2008
I don't think the Ravens are as bad as they looked yesterday and I don't think the Colts are as good as they looked yesterday. Our coaching staff didn't do a good job in preparing the team to play and I think that the last two losses by 3 points each took its toll on the team. We will see what kind of a coach Harbaugh is next Sunday when we play Miami. We will also see if this team is going to implode like they did last year. This is really a critical point for this team.
hmmm

United States

#14 Oct 13, 2008
We need halp at CB.
We need to bring Ty Law in for a workout.
Dave

Hyattsville, MD

#15 Oct 13, 2008
Joe Flacco is the only reason to watch the Ravens. The kid has talent, unfortunately he was drafted by the Ravens. I suspect he will retire as a mediocre QB. Shame, elsewhere with a discipline team, and one that doesn't have the Ray Lewis, McAlister, and other showboats, Flacco would be doing a lot better. I have confidence that our showboats will take us to another 5 game winning season. Time to trade them. What happened to the O line of the first 3 games? Guess they are already tired.
gengidash

Manchester, MD

#16 Oct 13, 2008
Brian wrote:
I don't think the Ravens are as bad as they looked yesterday and I don't think the Colts are as good as they looked yesterday. Our coaching staff didn't do a good job in preparing the team to play ... We will see what kind of a coach Harbaugh is next Sunday when we play Miami.
I disagree with your first point, because the commentators kept saying, over and over, how much they WARNED the team about Indy (and how horribly the Ravens traditionally play against Indy) and how the team just wasn't listening to the coaches.

I don't buy that. A large percentage of the team HAS played Indy before (lots of times). You don't have to tell Heap or Lewis about Indy; they KNOW!

I actually think part of it is completely psychological; it has to be. That's six losses to Indy in a row (at Indy, I think)?

But your point about Miami is telling. The Dolphins aren't as horrible as they have been, and they played it down to the last 2 seconds yesterday.
Texans Suck

Houston, TX

#17 Oct 13, 2008
RavensFaninNY wrote:
Haha if you just read Mike Preston's description on his report card you might think that Flacco didn't complete any passes but lets look at the completion stats:
Flacco 28/38 - 74% completion
Manning 19/28 - 68% completion
Three interceptions didn't help but without a breakout reciever, O-Line protection, or a running game it puts a lot of pressure on the shoulders of one rookie and mistakes are going to happen.
74% while getting rolled scoring 3 whole points...yea he is good......LMAO!
jeffro

Lillington, NC

#18 Oct 13, 2008
The Ravens defense tackles like sissy girls.....
jeffro

Lillington, NC

#19 Oct 13, 2008
It's Boller's fault....
FireTrembley

United States

#20 Oct 13, 2008
jeffro wrote:
The Ravens defense tackles like sissy girls.....
It was pathetic watching them bounce off Big Ben. They need to learn that you have to wrap up big men and drag them down. This highlight reel crap has to go...very few of them are good enough to consistently connect on the big hits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jarret Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Free Agent Inside Linebackers (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 3
News slugfest (Dec '08) Jul '12 Abby wilson 1,426
News BLOG: Ravens Comradery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Chirpfarts 3
News One day later, Ravens DT Terrence Cody launches... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Wow 1
News Fourteen years later, Ray Lewis still despises ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJoh... 9
News Fourteen years later, Lewis still despises losing (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJoh... 1
News Ravens continue to self-destruct in 17-7 loss t... (Nov '09) Nov '09 demented ferret 9
More from around the web