Breaking up not so hard for Ravens' Washington

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Fabian Washington is making a name for himself among his teammates, which isn't necessarily a good thing.
Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Jan 15, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rob

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Yes I must admit Fabian is getting better......he had the speed.... it was just a question of uping his football IQ ,his instinctiveness and his dedication.....he' definetly seems to be benifiting from being a part of the greatest perineal defense in the history of the NFL...led by the greatest most influencial defensive player in the history of the NFL......now add Malcolm Jenkins and you'l be set for atleast the next 5 years.....then Reed will have more freedom and the pressure up front will increase and be even more destructive.....give up picks to move up......Jenkins or Crabtree.

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Rob wrote:
Yes I must admit Fabian is getting better......he had the speed.... it was just a question of uping his football IQ ,his instinctiveness and his dedication.....he' definetly seems to be benifiting from being a part of the greatest perineal defense in the history of the NFL...led by the greatest most influencial defensive player in the history of the NFL......now add Malcolm Jenkins and you'l be set for atleast the next 5 years.....then Reed will have more freedom and the pressure up front will increase and be even more destructive.....give up picks to move up......Jenkins or Crabtree.
So now do you think getting Fabian for a 4th was a better FO move than grabbing one of the lesser rookie CBs in the 2008 college draft?

Also...how would you assess the decision to go for Flacco and forego one of the top CBs in the draft?
Joe Mess East BMore

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

This kid is tremendous.
martin

Rosedale, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

I liked Washington too when he was in Oakland. Man, that franchise, along with Detroit is the black hole of football careers. You go to those two places and people don't even remember you anymore. Al Davis is a schmuck and the sooner he sells his team, the better it will be for the fans out there.
gbw

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Love Flacoos comment about reporters.If Washington gets a couple of picks tomorrow and takes them to the house, everybody on Baltimore would love him. The defense needs to rush big ben and wave their arms in the air while getting to him. This is how the giants beat him. Don't rush him with the intention of putting the big smack down on him. Distract him while rushing him and tie him up by the arms. The last game scott wanted to cream him with a strongsmack down, but big ben, just stepped out of his way. If the ravens add to big ben already beat up body, big ben will sit out the rest of the season to rest up for the play offs. GO RAVENS! Any body else think tomlin could be a pot head. When you see him on the sidelines with those eyes and just staring, it reminds me o fsome potheads I knew in high school.
Steeltown Pride

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

gbw wrote:
Love Flacoos comment about reporters.If Washington gets a couple of picks tomorrow and takes them to the house, everybody on Baltimore would love him. The defense needs to rush big ben and wave their arms in the air while getting to him. This is how the giants beat him. Don't rush him with the intention of putting the big smack down on him. Distract him while rushing him and tie him up by the arms. The last game scott wanted to cream him with a strongsmack down, but big ben, just stepped out of his way. If the ravens add to big ben already beat up body, big ben will sit out the rest of the season to rest up for the play offs. GO RAVENS! Any body else think tomlin could be a pot head. When you see him on the sidelines with those eyes and just staring, it reminds me o fsome potheads I knew in high school.
Go back to the hood man . Leave the football talk men ok ? See ya Pooky lol

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Steeltown Pride wrote:
<quoted text>Go back to the hood man . Leave the football talk men ok ? See ya Pooky lol
Wow...now THERE'S a productive post.
Joe Mess East BMore

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

"It's so loud and crazy there," Roethlisberger said. "Their defense gets excited there. If you look at them, it's amazing, they're such a different team when they play at home.
"That's probably the place I hate to play at the most."
Roethlisberger has no good memories from Baltimore. The Steelers are 0-4 there during his era, although he has played just 1 1/2 games there. He sat out last season to get ready for the playoffs and missed the '05 game because of a knee injury.
Roethlisberger made his NFL debut in Baltimore early in the '04 season after starter Tommy Maddox went down with a serious elbow injury. His first pass was incomplete, his second intercepted. "I remember being scared to death," he said.
It's surprising Roethlisberger remembers anything about the '06 game. He was sacked a career-high nine times, including one brutal, but clean, hit from linebacker Bart Scott. "Oh, yeah," Roethlisberger said when asked if that's the hardest he has been hit. "I remember seeing my feet go up in the air. Then, I remember not being able to breathe."
At least he is honest.
spy

Catonsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Tomlin does look a bit high at times , and I think he shares his stash with the refs all the time..........It's a visual fact the squeelers get preferential treatment from the rafs , I knew there had to be a reason for it , thanks gbw for pointing that out ,,,,,,,,,,Go Ravens..........
jon dey

Saint John, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Great pick-up. Good old Oakland. As I stated earlier the only bad thing,if you want to call it bad, is drinking all that beer waiting for the the 5:15 kick-off!!
GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!
Maui Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Who are the Ravens playing tomorrow? Oh yeah, the Steelers. They still have Jim Finks?
Captain Lou Albano

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

A little off-topic but here's a Kyle Boller with a funny comment:
"Would see Tara and Boller around the Ravens' training facility in Owings Mills. She was always smoking cigs and going to fake tanning salons. Classy."
http://www.sportsfanlive.com/web/poll...

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Captain Lou Albano wrote:
A little off-topic but here's a Kyle Boller with a funny comment:
"Would see Tara and Boller around the Ravens' training facility in Owings Mills. She was always smoking cigs and going to fake tanning salons. Classy."
http://www.sportsfanlive.com/web/poll...
A little off topic, you say?
steeltime

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

who? ha!!!!

Since: Nov 08

Maple Shade, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

FIRE TREMBLEY is 2-12 in his predictions so far.
Maui Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Dear Freddy Fan: I'm beginning to think you are Fire Trembley, and getting some perverse pleasure out of proving him wrong. C'mon, cop to it.
itssteeven

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

i have to say i capped on Fabian.....and Ozzie's decision to bring in someone that was banged up.....i have to say he is getting better every week and i say he stays.....now....Frank Walker....he has to get better quickly and make better decisions....seems like he wants to hit......but most of the time its a penalty......or he misses a coverage.....he looks like a good rusher when they use him in that scheme......??
Rob

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2008

skaybaltimore wrote:
<quoted text>So now do you think getting Fabian for a 4th was a better FO move than grabbing one of the lesser rookie CBs in the 2008 college draft?
Also...how would you assess the decision to go for Flacco and forego one of the top CBs in the draft?
I never envisioned Flacco contributing the way he has this season......I liked him at delaware.... obviously he had the big arm....his mobility is a surprise, his pocket presence isnt bad...he just has to speed up the processing and be instictive as opposed to overstudying and being to deliberate...maybe then his passes will hit guys in stride...he's thrown some nice balls but he's also had alot of underthrows and overthrows by holding the ball to long....study long study wrong....ultimately I will always be upset about their decision to pass on Mckelvin.....imagine the Ravens defense with Washington performing the way he has recently and Mckelvin on the other side.....with the pressure they have up front it would be virtually inpenatrable.....everytime I see Mckelvin running back a kick or displying his effortless athletic ability in coverage I can only imagine what could have been.....passing on Cromartie and Mike Jenkins were 2 heartbreaking decisions ....I have no idea why Dallas is still allowing Terrance Newman to be their weak link with Jenkins on the sideline....the biggest thing is Mcalisters gone....he was the weakest link......rolle's the weak link now,but has played fairly well recently,these next 2 weeks will tell you exctly were he secondary is as far as going up against playoff caliber competion,so far theyve been burned by the texans once ,Harrison,Wayne ,Ward ,Holmes,and Edwards once.

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2008

Rob wrote:
<quoted text> I never envisioned Flacco contributing the way he has this season......I liked him at delaware.... obviously he had the big arm....his mobility is a surprise, his pocket presence isnt bad...he just has to speed up the processing and be instictive as opposed to overstudying and being to deliberate...maybe then his passes will hit guys in stride...he's thrown some nice balls but he's also had alot of underthrows and overthrows by holding the ball to long....study long study wrong....ultimately I will always be upset about their decision to pass on Mckelvin.....imagine the Ravens defense with Washington performing the way he has recently and Mckelvin on the other side.....with the pressure they have up front it would be virtually inpenatrable.....everytime I see Mckelvin running back a kick or displying his effortless athletic ability in coverage I can only imagine what could have been.....passing on Cromartie and Mike Jenkins were 2 heartbreaking decisions ....I have no idea why Dallas is still allowing Terrance Newman to be their weak link with Jenkins on the sideline....the biggest thing is Mcalisters gone....he was the weakest link......rolle's the weak link now,but has played fairly well recently,these next 2 weeks will tell you exctly were he secondary is as far as going up against playoff caliber competion,so far theyve been burned by the texans once ,Harrison,Wayne ,Ward ,Holmes,and Edwards once.
Well, we'll know a lot more after the next two games, but since we can't have everyone we wanted, I'm satisfied with the overall net gain. Hopefully, now that we have what appears to be a legitimate franchise QB for the future, with a decent backup in Troy Smith, we can now focus on picking up a true shutdown CB.(I would bet the C-Mac is gone next year, saving us 8 million dollars in cap space/salary)

I'm not familiar with the 2009 CB draft class, but I will be once the season is over. Personally, with Flacco and Washington, I'm satisfied with the 2008 draft.
Rob

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2008

If Joe Flacco has proven that he is a franchise quarterback than I have porven that I am a pro bowler because Ive thrown a strike before......he's an absolute liability.....dont believe the hype.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jarret Johnson Discussions

Search the Jarret Johnson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Free Agent Inside Linebackers (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 3
slugfest (Dec '08) Jul '12 Abby wilson 1,426
BLOG: Ravens Comradery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Chirpfarts 3
One day later, Ravens DT Terrence Cody launches... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Wow 1
Fourteen years later, Ray Lewis still despises ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJohnnyU 9
Fourteen years later, Lewis still despises losing (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJohnnyU 1
Ravens continue to self-destruct in 17-7 loss t... (Nov '09) Nov '09 demented ferret 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••