Ravens will not use franchise tag on ...

Ravens will not use franchise tag on Thomas - baltimoresun.com

There are 32 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Feb 22, 2007, titled Ravens will not use franchise tag on Thomas - baltimoresun.com. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The Ravens have decided not to use the franchise tag on Adalius Thomas and will allow the All-Pro linebacker to become an unrestricted free agent on March 2, general manager Ozzie Newsome said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BeaconofLight

Allendale, MI

#21 Feb 22, 2007
I hate to see AD go. I think one of the main reasons why our defense is so good is because of his versatility. I understand the reasons why the franchise tag was not used and I hope Ozzie can pull another rabbit from his hat to re-sign him. I think he would be greatly missed not only from a fan perspective, but the way the defense plays as a whole.
Ernie Shipman

Juneau, AK

#22 Feb 22, 2007
ARE THE RAVENS CRAZY? They arem about to give up the best player in the league. I am a dy hard fan of the Raven. Are they nuts?
Ernie Shipman

Juneau, AK

#23 Feb 22, 2007
KEEP THOMAS?
Aiden

Mesa, AZ

#24 Feb 22, 2007
I hate to see Thomas go but it's not surprising. If this team does not learn to manage the salary cap better than they are now we can expect more of this. Someone explain why we are only 3 mil under the cap with so may key people not signed. That honking big contract McNair got is one reason. Add to that the drastic overpayment for Jamal Lewis and the picture becomes clearer. I'm getting really fed up with this crap every year.
Will Shinham

Baltimore, MD

#25 Feb 22, 2007
I will sure miss watching Adalius in a Ravens uniform. He was as fine a representaive of "Ravens" defense as anyone who ever wore the Purple and Black. He deserves to be rewarded, but as a selfish Ravens fan I hope he goes to an NFC team and not the Patriots as I don't want to have to face him as the opposition unless in the superbowl!
DAVID

Frederick, MD

#26 Feb 22, 2007
Aiden wrote:
I hate to see Thomas go but it's not surprising. If this team does not learn to manage the salary cap better than they are now we can expect more of this. Someone explain why we are only 3 mil under the cap with so may key people not signed. That honking big contract McNair got is one reason. Add to that the drastic overpayment for Jamal Lewis and the picture becomes clearer. I'm getting really fed up with this crap every year.
AIDEN your right but thats the NFL for you. next year will be SUGGS!!!
Dave Sumbalta

Baltimore, MD

#27 Feb 22, 2007
As a Raven fan it will be sad to see A.T. leave, but keep in mind several different things. First, professional football is a business in which the Ravens have done extremely well maintaining the highest caliber players on the defensive side of the ball. Second, A.T. is a great player, but if he leaves; he will not have stats similar to what he's been had this past season [due to defensive schemes (except for the Pats)]. Finally, I as a Ravens fan have faith in Mr. Newsome & believe that the team will be able to bring in a great player to replace a great player.
fstop2100a

AOL

#28 Feb 22, 2007
Big mistake if the Ravens were figuring on next year as being the closing of the window for this team. I would have used the tag on him as it would have been a big raise for AD and he would have been ok with it. He is a team player and not into all the drama like some others. If the Ravens did not get it done next year then I would be more happy to let him go and earn even bigger bucks as the window for this configuration of the team will have all but expired. Thats my 2cents worth....
James

AOL

#29 Feb 23, 2007
The 49ers need to get both Thomas and the guy who will start in his place. We have enough money to spend to build a 3-4. Hopefully McNolan get the fans what we want. A pass rush on defense. A mean one. 1 that will erase the last 4 years hopefully =-0~
mark

Austin, TX

#30 Feb 24, 2007
ya hes gone, anthony spencer is most likley our draft choice. which is a good thing, he had a great season for purdue.
johnny_ringo

Garden City, KS

#31 Feb 25, 2007
San Francisco 49ers show alot of interest on Adalius Thomas hope hi join the 49ers thks
cleerlieondeesma ck

Baltimore, MD

#32 Dec 11, 2008
Dave Sumbalta wrote:
As a Raven fan it will be sad to see A.T. leave, but keep in mind several different things. First, professional football is a business in which the Ravens have done extremely well maintaining the highest caliber players on the defensive side of the ball. Second, A.T. is a great player, but if he leaves; he will not have stats similar to what he's been had this past season [due to defensive schemes (except for the Pats)]. Finally, I as a Ravens fan have faith in Mr. Newsome & believe that the team will be able to bring in a great player to replace a great player.
How does that make you feel?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jarret Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Free Agent Inside Linebackers (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 3
News slugfest (Dec '08) Jul '12 Abby wilson 1,426
News BLOG: Ravens Comradery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Chirpfarts 3
News One day later, Ravens DT Terrence Cody launches... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Wow 1
News Fourteen years later, Ray Lewis still despises ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJoh... 9
News Fourteen years later, Lewis still despises losing (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJoh... 1
News Ravens continue to self-destruct in 17-7 loss t... (Nov '09) Nov '09 demented ferret 9