Newsome: Thomas likely gone

Newsome: Thomas likely gone

There are 9 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Feb 24, 2007, titled Newsome: Thomas likely gone. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome didn't sound optimistic today that All-Pro linebacker Adalius Thomas would return to the team next season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Ken

Salisbury, MD

#1 Feb 24, 2007
AD is my favorite Raven, however, the team made the right moves last season and we have trust them this tijme. I want him to come back but he is one of the most reasoned players on this club from my perspective and he will do what is correct for his family. AD, we all love you, but you have to do what you think is the right thing to do. Did Weaver and Kemo do the best by plsying for loosers?
Macadamia

San Antonio, TX

#2 Feb 24, 2007
We will miss you AD, good luck! The Ravens will do what keeps them one of the better franchises in the NFL: stick with their "right player, right price" mentality. AD was one of my favorite Ravens and I only wish him the best.
diane

Chestertown, MD

#3 Feb 25, 2007
The ravens NEED to get rid of jailbird Jamal can;t run Lewis. They would save alot of money to resign another FATSER running. He makes way to many excuses why he didn;t have ANOTHER good year. He hasn't had a descent yr for the past 3-4 yrs since he broike the rushing record. Every yr its some lame excuse with him, ie I had the jail thing haning over my head, I spent 4 months in jail (although it wasn;lt during hte season and he had plesnty of time to work out while incarcerated. Next was his ankle was sore then he said he didn;t get enough of the ball. And how about two yrs ago when every chance he had he critized the team in the media. He needs to GOOOOOOOOO
elton

Elkhart, IN

#4 Feb 25, 2007
I am in favor of letting Jamal Lewis go, too, regardless of the AD decision. I would have preferred to keep AD but I trust the raven's decisionmakers. AD had a breakout year and it is tough to see him go. What I am the happiest about is that we didn't lose Rex Ryan. He will plug AD's hole and keep the defense on top.
ugottathinksmart

AOL

#5 Feb 25, 2007
can i ask why the ravens salary is cap is so small 3.3 and why players dont all take small paycuts to increase the abaility of winning a superbowl isnt that really more important to fans and owners who make money of fans lose money off players i like reed but he is over paid i like ray lewis i hope he stays in baltimore a one year deal come on without ray noone is really gonna come watch a team with boller mcallister lol and rolle and that idiot mcnair who lost the superbowl smiling on the sidelines in my opinion ad is 30 not worth close to the money he will get any team takes him for that much more power to them but they arent that smart and ray 6.5 ok i understand hes still good and reading the offense without him they probably would suck cause ive seen bart scott he looks more lost a person with amnesia jamal im proud to see he would take a paycut but i see now how the ravens work and i dont like it lose a rb that played good go get arthur rhodes old washed up make up how expiernced he is and move on maybe we need a smart owner i know we need a better coach for the money billick got man i would have jumped at bill parcells or marty shotenheimer billick is almost done in baltimore he wont go close to 500 in 2007 looking at the schedule ?is will we be embarrassed again by a indy team with a bad defense or we actually make smart moves one in my opinion would be to trade mason for moss and get rid of mcnair see if dilfer is still available or jake plummer both can provide mental toughness i have yet to see that from mcnair or boller or heap by the way does he still have turf toe lol and im a die hard ravens fan but with these idiotic moves were gonna look like the orioles.
ted
rudy brock

Fayetteville, GA

#6 Feb 25, 2007
the ravens have good in scouting talent so I really don't see the possible move by thomas affecting the team in a negative way. look at ed hartwell for instance. once he left the ravens system his true talent was exposed. the ravens system makes everyone look good.
Greg Boyer

Lothian, MD

#7 Feb 25, 2007
ugottabecrazy
ugottathinksmart

AOL

#8 Feb 26, 2007
ed hartwell all give u that but hartwell did not play 4 positions and did not have a ageing team.The perfect fit, cut mason and get calvin johnson he would be a perfect fit with clayton heap williams, who i see a future num 1 reciever. mason could easily be traded away and wed save cap room even if we didnt get calvin troy smith will be a good fit and replace mcnair.You build a playoff team around a qb not defense.
josh

Hilo, HI

#9 Feb 27, 2007
He's a Future 49er and when they play the ravens he will kii jamal lewis and steve mcnair!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jarret Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Free Agent Inside Linebackers (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 3
News slugfest (Dec '08) Jul '12 Abby wilson 1,426
News BLOG: Ravens Comradery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Chirpfarts 3
News One day later, Ravens DT Terrence Cody launches... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Wow 1
News Fourteen years later, Ray Lewis still despises ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJoh... 9
News Fourteen years later, Lewis still despises losing (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJoh... 1
News Ravens continue to self-destruct in 17-7 loss t... (Nov '09) Nov '09 demented ferret 9