Ready to rumble

Ready to rumble

There are 32 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Aug 12, 2008, titled Ready to rumble. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Ravens outside linebacker Jarret Johnson started his run from 10 yards out and leaped on top of the pile with his face toward the sky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Maui Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#23 Aug 12, 2008
Having a fight with a teammate on a hot day, is excusable. Pretending to have a fight with your pal, which draws another player in, (to protect you) so that someone might get really hurt, seems moronic to me. I hope these guys survive practice to play the real schedule.
Ali Vali

Raleigh, NC

#24 Aug 12, 2008
skaybaltimore wrote:
Let's get ready to rumble? Let's get ready for a 4-12 season. THAT should be the focus of these reports describing what's going on -- and NOT going on -- at TC. We have holes along the O-line, at RB, at TE, at WR, and major questions at QB. We have questions at CB and safety, with Reed and C-Mac listed every week on the injury list. Take the blinders off and look real hard at our schedule, and if we end up much better than 4-12 it'll be a miracle.
I don't see HOLES in CB, WR and S. TE, yeah, I'm gonna have to agree that we're short, but if Todd stays healthy, we'll be alright. QB has always been an issue and OL is too hurt. 4-12 is not gonna be our record and I put money on it. If you wanna put ur money where your MOUTH is, holla at me and we'll bet on it. Min is $500
Josh

Florence, KY

#25 Aug 12, 2008
If Darnerrian McCants who has been out of football for two years is fighting for the 3rd spot at WR then yeah the WR position is in trouble. CB is definetly a problem McCallister is old and who is the other Rolle? He had medical problems all of last year

And betting over the internet dude you are a waste of space and 4-12 if they are lucky
Harry

Rochester, NY

#26 Aug 12, 2008
We are thinner at De than Lber and Johnson should be playing end not Lber. at 270 that was good at 255 to play lber not so good. Letting Thomas go hurt the Ravens defense, Suggs, and Scotts numbers. Esp when Pryce went down, too. I'd rather see Gooden and Barnes play Lber and let Johnson play end. Oh welll.
Andy

New Windsor, MD

#27 Aug 12, 2008
This is a solid article. It's so hard for most people to get out to camp. This type of thing allows us to know what's going on out there. I love it.
Dude

Fort George G Meade, MD

#28 Aug 12, 2008
Bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to come to Skay's defense on this. He is positive when he sees good things happening and negative on things that he sees negatively. Now what he interprets as negative or positive is debateable. But just like everyone in here it is just his opinion based on what he knows. He will agree with me that it's just his opinion and everyone is entitled to it. I agree with what he says most of the time. Although I think 4-12 is a little more pessimistic than my prediction, he could well be right with our offense needing a QB, which IMO is the biggest problem we have on offense.
1st of all this sky dude's posts are a waste. Your right there is a difference between negative and keeping it real but WTF does this guy know. For all you know he's some fat slob sitting on his ass beating off to the Steelers. Everyone else writes a post about the current piece and this SOB just cries about what is wrong with the ravens. Of course the ravens are going to have issues, its a new era, a new coaching staff, and its a re-building year. Just because people have hope for their team doesn't mean they have purple shades on, it just means they aren't curled up in a corner wanting a huge from their dad they didn't get when they were 5 years old.
GHT

Portland, OR

#29 Aug 12, 2008
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
1st of all this sky dude's posts are a waste. Your right there is a difference between negative and keeping it real but WTF does this guy know. For all you know he's some fat slob sitting on his **** beating off to the Steelers. Everyone else writes a post about the current piece and this SOB just cries about what is wrong with the ravens. Of course the ravens are going to have issues, its a new era, a new coaching staff, and its a re-building year. Just because people have hope for their team doesn't mean they have purple shades on, it just means they aren't curled up in a corner wanting a huge from their dad they didn't get when they were 5 years old.
Well, you did say the word "hope". Hope and reality are 2 different things. Skay's been right on continually even last year hinting that Billick would be let go way before anyone sniffed it, considering Bisciotti signed him long term and those contracts are guaranteed. You can "hope" all you want. I want the facts. This team has major holes and talking about it, positively or negatively, is just fine. That's what this forum is about. BTW, Rob in Las Vegas is right on too, so when he posts, you may as well look the other way. He's a realist too. I apologize in advance if you can't understand this because your optimisim is reminiscent of a 10 year old school boy (or girl, didn't mean to offend). Everything is always purple and happy at that age right? Turn off the Barney show "dude"

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#30 Aug 12, 2008
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
1st of all this sky dude's posts are a waste. Your right there is a difference between negative and keeping it real but WTF does this guy know. For all you know he's some fat slob sitting on his **** beating off to the Steelers. Everyone else writes a post about the current piece and this SOB just cries about what is wrong with the ravens. Of course the ravens are going to have issues, its a new era, a new coaching staff, and its a re-building year. Just because people have hope for their team doesn't mean they have purple shades on, it just means they aren't curled up in a corner wanting a huge from their dad they didn't get when they were 5 years old.
And you have contributed what, exactly, over the course of the past year or so, to this Raven's forum?

LOL. That's what I thought.
Mike

Virginia Beach, VA

#31 Aug 12, 2008
I think skay calls it like he sees it...even if I dont agree all the time. Nothing wrong with that. We're Ravens fans and its no secret we have some problems.
Bruce

United States

#33 Aug 13, 2008
Mike wrote:
I think skay calls it like he sees it...even if I dont agree all the time. Nothing wrong with that. We're Ravens fans and its no secret we have some problems.
Best post in here and dead on.
Mike

Virginia Beach, VA

#34 Aug 13, 2008
Bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
Best post in here and dead on.
Thank you Sir.
jon dey

Mount Pearl, Canada

#35 Aug 13, 2008
art; Get a life. That's all part of team chemistry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jarret Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Free Agent Inside Linebackers (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 3
News slugfest (Dec '08) Jul '12 Abby wilson 1,426
News BLOG: Ravens Comradery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Chirpfarts 3
News One day later, Ravens DT Terrence Cody launches... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Wow 1
News Fourteen years later, Ray Lewis still despises ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJoh... 9
News Fourteen years later, Lewis still despises losing (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJoh... 1
News Ravens continue to self-destruct in 17-7 loss t... (Nov '09) Nov '09 demented ferret 9
More from around the web