Ready to rumble

Ready to rumble

There are 32 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Aug 12, 2008, titled Ready to rumble. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Ravens outside linebacker Jarret Johnson started his run from 10 yards out and leaped on top of the pile with his face toward the sky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

Baltimore, MD

#1 Aug 12, 2008
Who needs Sugg's ? trade him ..the Ravens defence will be really good without him....let's get something for him...maybe a draft pick or two !!
art

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Aug 12, 2008
I liked the entire article except when it got to the fake fight. wtf heap and Ngata should not be trading punches, they're both perennial pro bowlers....J. Johnson you might want to settle down a little w/ your pranks you're ticking me off and ruining the team chemistry
Mike

Virginia Beach, VA

#3 Aug 12, 2008
art wrote:
I liked the entire article except when it got to the fake fight. wtf heap and Ngata should not be trading punches, they're both perennial pro bowlers....J. Johnson you might want to settle down a little w/ your pranks you're ticking me off and ruining the team chemistry
LOL!!! What?? That is not ruining team chemistry and I have some real doubts that Double J cares if he is ticking you off.

I agree that he needs to be careful with Heap though. JJ may scratch Heap with a hang nail and Heap will be out for 12 games.
Bob S

Augusta, ME

#4 Aug 12, 2008
Too bad we don't have an offense to match the defense. Get ready for a lot of 13-9 games.

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#5 Aug 12, 2008
Let's get ready to rumble? Let's get ready for a 4-12 season. THAT should be the focus of these reports describing what's going on -- and NOT going on -- at TC. We have holes along the O-line, at RB, at TE, at WR, and major questions at QB. We have questions at CB and safety, with Reed and C-Mac listed every week on the injury list. Take the blinders off and look real hard at our schedule, and if we end up much better than 4-12 it'll be a miracle.
jpp

Baltimore, MD

#6 Aug 12, 2008
art wrote:
This ain't baseball Art.
Dude

Fort George G Meade, MD

#7 Aug 12, 2008
skaybaltimore wrote:
Let's get ready to rumble? Let's get ready for a 4-12 season. THAT should be the focus of these reports describing what's going on -- and NOT going on -- at TC. We have holes along the O-line, at RB, at TE, at WR, and major questions at QB. We have questions at CB and safety, with Reed and C-Mac listed every week on the injury list. Take the blinders off and look real hard at our schedule, and if we end up much better than 4-12 it'll be a miracle.
Dude, you need to go have a beer or get laid or something. All of your posts are negative. How can you go around with a negative attitude all the time! Go get some fun dip or a ring pop or something. Cheer up for Christs sake!
Hmmm

Dundalk, MD

#8 Aug 12, 2008
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you need to go have a beer or get laid or something. All of your posts are negative. How can you go around with a negative attitude all the time! Go get some fun dip or a ring pop or something. Cheer up for Christs sake!
It is what skay does best. He is like a pig who enjoys wallowing in the mud.
ech

Baltimore, MD

#9 Aug 12, 2008
Bob wrote:
Who needs Sugg's ? trade him ..the Ravens defence will be really good without him....let's get something for him...maybe a draft pick or two !!
talk about negative, was suggs in this article at all.
i like JJ more power to him. go ravens

Baltimore, MD

#10 Aug 12, 2008
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what skay does best. He is like a pig who enjoys wallowing in the mud.
LOL. How'd that 5-11 work for your last year, homer? Right. That's what I thought.

Second, and not that it matters, but when there's something positive, I gladly acknowledge it. How many positives have there been so far in 2008? Right. That's what I thought.
veedub

Englewood, CO

#11 Aug 12, 2008
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative or not, skay's right on.

There's a fine like between being overly negative and being a realist.

The Ravens have a LOT to prove in 2008, and a very difficult schedule on top if it. With all of the question marks coming into the season, with the offensive line being the most glaring issue, we'll be lucky to get to 8-8.

It doesn't mean that I won't be at every home game, and watching every road game, but look at the team objectively. We're in trouble.
Fells Point Craig

United States

#12 Aug 12, 2008
Someone give "skaybaltimore" a hug, he obviously needs one.
BollerwillNOTsta rt

Richmond, VA

#14 Aug 12, 2008
skaybaltimore wrote:
This guy is right on, anyone crying about being negative, go watch a game of tidley winks with the other sissies, this is football, it ain't pretty and it ain't all cheery and happy all the time.

I swear there a ton of a male Ravens fans that act just like high school girls.
Dash

Tampa, FL

#15 Aug 12, 2008
skaybaltimore wrote:
You are a negative geek. We are fine at CB and saftey, the recievers will be fine, TE will work out, and Boller and or Troy are good enough in Cams system if we can get the line ready- we will be better than 4-12. So, get a girlfriend, drink a beer, and chill out.
Dash

Tampa, FL

#16 Aug 12, 2008
BollerwillNOTstart wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy is right on, anyone crying about being negative, go watch a game of tidley winks with the other sissies, this is football, it ain't pretty and it ain't all cheery and happy all the time.
I swear there a ton of a male Ravens fans that act just like high school girls.
Yee Haa...redneck

Baltimore, MD

#17 Aug 12, 2008
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude -- go grab your pom poms and your purple skirt, and show us some cheers.

(On second thought...never mind.)

:-))
GHT

Portland, OR

#18 Aug 12, 2008
Dash wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a negative geek. We are fine at CB and saftey, the recievers will be fine, TE will work out, and Boller and or Troy are good enough in Cams system if we can get the line ready- we will be better than 4-12. So, get a girlfriend, drink a beer, and chill out.
...and you are way overly optimistic, just like the guys last year after the midway point proclaiming we'd win out the rest of the season.
Bollerkillsteam

Richmond, VA

#20 Aug 12, 2008
Dash wrote:
<quoted text>
Yee Haa...****
you should stay off the board at least until your period is over. Or at the very least change your tampon.
Josh

Florence, KY

#21 Aug 12, 2008
Dash wrote:
<quoted text>
That must be some really good kool aid you are drinking there, i bet it goes good with your purple camo

And Todd Heap was a perennial TE what 3 years ago the guy sucks now and is hurt all the time
Bruce

United States

#22 Aug 12, 2008
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to come to Skay's defense on this. He is positive when he sees good things happening and negative on things that he sees negatively. Now what he interprets as negative or positive is debateable. But just like everyone in here it is just his opinion based on what he knows. He will agree with me that it's just his opinion and everyone is entitled to it. I agree with what he says most of the time. Although I think 4-12 is a little more pessimistic than my prediction, he could well be right with our offense needing a QB, which IMO is the biggest problem we have on offense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jarret Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Free Agent Inside Linebackers (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 3
News slugfest (Dec '08) Jul '12 Abby wilson 1,426
News BLOG: Ravens Comradery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Chirpfarts 3
News One day later, Ravens DT Terrence Cody launches... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Wow 1
News Fourteen years later, Ray Lewis still despises ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJoh... 9
News Fourteen years later, Lewis still despises losing (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJoh... 1
News Ravens continue to self-destruct in 17-7 loss t... (Nov '09) Nov '09 demented ferret 9
More from around the web