Long season keeps getting worse for R...

Long season keeps getting worse for Ravens

There are 22 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 12, 2007, titled Long season keeps getting worse for Ravens. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

At the Ravens' headquarters, the fashionable colors this fall are black and blue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
itssteeven

United States

#1 Nov 12, 2007
Brian please don't even ACT like you care about the fans.........you don't care or you would be doing what you supposedly get paid for.......coaching??.... remember??? your'e funny........POOR SEASON TICKET HOLDERS......Keep the BOOOING UP!!!!

Since: Nov 07

Houston, TX

#2 Nov 12, 2007
Boycott the games. That's the only effctive way to get ownership to change.
Bobbi

AOL

#3 Nov 12, 2007
Billick is no longer even a decent coach, never mind a true leader.
I've never seen the head of anything act so inept and clueless.
It's like he's getting Alzheimer's or something.

HELLO, BISCIOTTI! ANYBODY HOME??!
rainbow lover

Canton, MI

#4 Nov 12, 2007
keep doing what you guys are doing. i just love watching you mens pound your chest no matter what the score is. And I hope Ray Ray keeps doing his dances before each game. Its such a turn on and I can tell it motivates the guys.
Castor

Baltimore, MD

#5 Nov 12, 2007
Seems like more Billick BS to me. Kepp it coming. Soon enough youll struggle to find a job coaching high school ball.
purple fever

Canton, MI

#6 Nov 12, 2007
rainbow lover, i couldn't agree with you more.Every team wishes they had a bunch of these thugs from the "u".They play with such an attitude!I mean should we really boo these sexy men?I still be there for every game, maybe u can meet me in section 122.Who cares if they finish 4-12, I'll still be their #1 fan. Just ask T sizzle, he tears me a new one after every loss.You can only imagine how I feel lately.Keep it up boyz!
Ed from Park Heights

Baltimore, MD

#7 Nov 12, 2007
To say that Brian Billick does not care for the fans is grossly unfair. You may not like his coaching and I believe that he may have run his course here, but he has always been fan friendly and available. He goes to events, meets and greets people, treats the fans like a part of the Ravens family. Since itssteeven is from California, I would not expect him to know this. So if he has not been here and seen Brian in the community he should shut up or point his complaints toward the coaching. To say he doesn't care about the people of B'more is unfounded and frankly stupid.
Phil

United States

#8 Nov 12, 2007
Billick's really disengaged at this point, and he doesn't really seem to care, parroting the same platitides he has done for so long. At least this is consistent with the offense he has bestowed on this team since his inception. Since 2002, the offense has finished 22nd or more each year, with theexception of last year, where we finished 17th. However, the defense has ranked from 1st to 6th, actually finishing 1st twice. But his profile of relying on the defense for takeaways, scores, and field position is not happening this year, so the flaws of his approach are fully exposed.

He may, as last year year, boast of the amount of his buy-out should he be fired, but at this juncture, who even cares. Obviosly, when a man is paid $4 million/year for minimal return, that person will not resign, having known his true worth, but hopefully, he will be fired. And mercifully for everyone that has to endure this offensive carnages every week.
BleedingPurple

Baltimore, MD

#9 Nov 12, 2007
Dyno Don wrote:
Boycott the games. That's the only effctive way to get ownership to change.
Yeah that's brilliant. Baltimore fans are good at boycotting a losing team. That's why the city lost a football team before. I hope it never happens again. In today's NFL, any franchise can turn around relatively quickly. I'm not happy with this year's team. But I'm a Ravens fan, and so I'm going to be there next week... even if BB starts McFumble and even if we can't score a single point. I might boo and let them hear my displeasure, but I'm still a fan. Unfortunately, as much as I love Baltimore sports, I also know what a fickle fanbase we have. I sit at Oriole Park on a regular basis, look around, and see how this city just won't support a losing team. The only difference with the Ravens is that everyone bought PSL's so they pretty much have to keep filling the stadium. If by boycott you expect Ravens fans to stop paying for their tickets and lose their licenses, then you're post is even more ridiculous than it sounded.
lip reader

Redmond, WA

#10 Nov 12, 2007
"On the common ground that exists between us, cooled by the clear waters of civil discourse, and breathing the honest air of mutual understanding, let us forge a concensus for the One Maryland we carry in our hearts and that all of our children deserve." Martin O'Malley
Jared

Gainesville, FL

#11 Nov 12, 2007
I think there is a worthy distinction to be made between a team such as the Ravens who has great ownership and management yet a completely incompetent head coach and a team like the orioles who's owner and management aren't worth the toilet paper I use daily. That is why a boycott of the Ravens is completely inappapriate as compared with boycotting baseball games.

I may have something different to say though in a few months if Bisciotti does not make the right decision and fire Billick for wasting championship caliber defenses over the last 5 or so years. Fire Billick and replace him with a true offensive genius like Mike Martz who has proven he can light up the scoreboard even with a quarterback of John Kitna's talent.
EDDIE FROM DUNDALK

Rayville, LA

#12 Nov 12, 2007
WE ACT LIKE THIS IS SOMETHING NEW GO BACK AND CHECK THE BOX SCORES FROM GAMES IN THE PAST, THE OFFENCE HAS ALLWAYS STUNK WE WOULD WIN ON GREAT DEFENSE, TURNOVERS, PUNT RETURNS, AND OTHER TEAMS BLOWING IT WELL NO MORE THE WELL HAS RAN DRY, BILLICK HAS BEEN EXPOSED , HE GAVE UP ON THE BROWNS STARTER ANDERSON WHO LOOKS LIKE A 5 YEAR VET. LOOK AT WHO WE HAVE AT QB, STEVE MCBOLLER. HE CAN'T EVEN JUDGE TALENT , STONEY CASE RING A BELL HE AND HIS BIG WORD HAVE GOT TO GO BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED A WEBSTER TO UNDERSTAND WIN, SCORE, POINTS FIRED!!!!!!
John

Halethorpe, MD

#13 Nov 12, 2007
Jared wrote:
I think there is a worthy distinction to be made between a team such as the Ravens who has great ownership and management yet a completely incompetent head coach and a team like the orioles who's owner and management aren't worth the toilet paper I use daily. That is why a boycott of the Ravens is completely inappapriate as compared with boycotting baseball games.
I may have something different to say though in a few months if Bisciotti does not make the right decision and fire Billick for wasting championship caliber defenses over the last 5 or so years. Fire Billick and replace him with a true offensive genius like Mike Martz who has proven he can light up the scoreboard even with a quarterback of John Kitna's talent.
If the Raven's management is as competent as you say then why have they put up wih this supposedly incompetent coach for so many years? If we are to believe our intrepid Sun journalists, Billick is not the most influential person oin this organization. Ray Lewis has a lot of sway as does, obviously Ozzie, why are you not calling for their heads? Ozzie is so good at providing depth yet what about the O-line and secondary? Where is the depth there? Where is the young talent that can step in and play now?

Billick deserves a lot of the criticism but there is plenty of blame on an organizational level to go around. Firing him won't fix all the other problems that are fast coming to the fore. Oh and don't forget the players like the always injured pass dropper Heap who isn't there when you need him, Demtrius Williams who has disappeared, and the brittle Clayton.
Slick Willy

Towson, MD

#14 Nov 12, 2007
BleedingPurple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that's brilliant. Baltimore fans are good at boycotting a losing team. That's why the city lost a football team before. I hope it never happens again. In today's NFL, any franchise can turn around relatively quickly. I'm not happy with this year's team. But I'm a Ravens fan, and so I'm going to be there next week... even if BB starts McFumble and even if we can't score a single point. I might boo and let them hear my displeasure, but I'm still a fan. Unfortunately, as much as I love Baltimore sports, I also know what a fickle fanbase we have. I sit at Oriole Park on a regular basis, look around, and see how this city just won't support a losing team. The only difference with the Ravens is that everyone bought PSL's so they pretty much have to keep filling the stadium. If by boycott you expect Ravens fans to stop paying for their tickets and lose their licenses, then you're post is even more ridiculous than it sounded.
a better approach that someone else mentioned is boycott the food and beer. That hurts the most. Will never happen, most Ravens fans are loud drunk slobs who have no self control whatsoever and live day to day. lol
Jared

Gainesville, FL

#15 Nov 12, 2007
If you want proof of Ozzie Newsome's impecable track record when it comes to finding talent in the draft and amongst undrafted free agents you can take a look at the contributions of those not drafted in the first round and at the number of pro-bowls players drafted both in and out of the first round have attended. Billick has wasted their talent with unimaginative and downright incomprehensible offense over his tenure as head coach. I unfortunately have been forced to watch this IN PERSON far too often and I am almost thanking god that I moved and was unable to attend games this season due to the level of embarassment Billick has brought upon a great franchise this season. Fire Billick, hire Mike Martz.
ModellSUCKS

Washington, DC

#16 Nov 12, 2007
It brings joy to my heart listening to you Ratbird fans cry about your crappy team. Prepare to get jacked up this sunday. GO BROWNS
LaDonna Manchester MD

Columbus, IN

#17 Nov 12, 2007
To the "ModellSUCKS" writer, GET OVER IT!!! Its been years and you are still crying about Modell pulling out. At least our "ratbird fans" still pack our stadium to watch our crappy team play unlike Cleveland did when Modell had no choice but to pull out. A true Baltimore fan ralleys behind our Ravens through the good and the bad. The Ravens are not playing to their ability, obviously, but the Cleveland fans should not get so cockey just yet. We, the true Ravens fans still have confidence in our coach, our quarterback, and our team. GO RAVENS!!!!

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#18 Nov 12, 2007
McNair's pride is probably getting in the way of him realizing that he's done in the NFL. With Billick, it's his Herculean ego and arrogance that prevents him from realizing he is a failure as an offense designer, and basically always has been -- even when he was with the Vikings. There, the sheer talent covered his flaws. With the Ravens, it's been the defense and special teams. Nine years of his nonsense, and the highest rating he ever achieved on offense was 16th -- right in the mediocre middle of the pack. The other eight years? Somewhere in the cheap seat 20's.

He's a one hit wonder with the 2000/2001 Super Bowl, and he's been a dud ever since. He's lived off the achievements of one of the best defenses ever to grace an NFL field, while perennially producing one inept offense after another. About the only thing he's good at is making excuses and finding scapegoats. Now, however, his ramblings in the pressers are so out of touch with reality that it's both sad and comical at the same time; it is bordering on the pathological. And as you yourself pointed out in another piece, the time has definitely come for him to go.
RevJMP

Abingdon, MD

#19 Nov 12, 2007
Forget waiting for the Ravens to throw a pass of 6 yards or more. When will Brian Billick utter a simple declarative sentence?

Probably at about the same time -- never. And in both cases, for the same reason: Motormouth's clueless arrogance.

Brian Billick would rather lose, and drive away the fans, his way, than try to win in any normal way. And he'll never say anything straight. The consummate B.S. artist.
Carl from Dundalk

Washington, DC

#20 Nov 12, 2007
The Ravens lack class. An example - Trevor Price said the Steelers running back was not that good after the Steelers shredded the Ravens defense and scored at will. Bart Scott last year was bragging about how he hit Rothlesberger but this year Scott was complaining because a wide reciever (Hines Ward) roughed him up.

The Ravens make excuses and lack class.

The Ravens need to talk less and produce on the field more. Billick needs to tell his team to shut up and focus on winning games.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jarret Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Free Agent Inside Linebackers (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 3
News slugfest (Dec '08) Jul '12 Abby wilson 1,426
News BLOG: Ravens Comradery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Chirpfarts 3
News One day later, Ravens DT Terrence Cody launches... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Wow 1
News Fourteen years later, Ray Lewis still despises ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJoh... 9
News Fourteen years later, Lewis still despises losing (Nov '09) Nov '09 WhereHaveUGoneJoh... 1
News Ravens continue to self-destruct in 17-7 loss t... (Nov '09) Nov '09 demented ferret 9
More from around the web