Draft series: RB Ingram might have to...

Draft series: RB Ingram might have too much value for Packers to pass on

There are 6 comments on the Wausau Daily Herald story from Apr 26, 2011, titled Draft series: RB Ingram might have too much value for Packers to pass on. In it, Wausau Daily Herald reports that:

The odds are low but can't be ruled out: What if Alabama halfback Mark Ingram slides down the first round because of concerns about knee surgery a year ago and is available when the Green Bay Packers select at No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wausau Daily Herald.

GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Apr 26, 2011
I agree that the Packers couldn't pass on him if available. I don't think he makes it to #32 though.
eric

Arpin, WI

#2 Apr 26, 2011
I agree,a talent like he wont last.If he is there,jump on him,then Grant can be traded for picks,players,cap room or whatever
eric

Arpin, WI

#3 Apr 26, 2011
The down side of picking 32,but, lets hope TT and the Packers organization has this problem a few more times over the next few years!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Apr 26, 2011
eric wrote:
The down side of picking 32,but, lets hope TT and the Packers organization has this problem a few more times over the next few years!
Definitely!
PackerBacker-Wic hitaKs

Wichita, KS

#5 Apr 26, 2011
With pick 32 taking the best player available, with the exception at QB, where the Packers would not waste a 1st rd pick, is still a good idea. OL, DB are areas the Packers need to focus on and can be found in the later rounds. With all the pub that TT is getting I hope he keeps building on the foundation that this team has to continue to be one of top 5 organizations in the NFL.
eric

Arpin, WI

#6 Apr 26, 2011
Im pretty sure you can count on Ted building on the foundation and to maintain the core and add talent through young players thru the draft and pick a few Vets via FA to fill in a spot or 2.
TT has done a great job grabbing starters and building a championship team with picks and trades and the man doenst sign to many FA but.Charles Woodson,Ryan Pickett signed as FA,Ryan Grant via a 6th round pick ( trade_) Clay Mathews by trading up with their own pick and the Brett Favre pick was a brilliant move as well.So the little bit of FA hes dealt into and a few failures like any other GM he has hit nicely and even Chillar was a nice signing as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Starks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike McCarthy looks to get Packers out of 3-gam... Nov '16 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Bears-Packers Capsule (Oct '16) Oct '16 Cutler uses Vagisil 2
News Lacy, Starks lead Packers past Cowboys 28-7 (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 4
News Starks replaces slumping Lacy as Packers' No. 1... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sam Testicle 5
News Shy of the Packers' Run Game, Team Limiting Gro... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Pete SamprAssfarts 2
News Green Bay Packers at Buffalo Bills: Packers' Ke... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Phil Latus 2
News Eddie Lacy Concussion a Potential Huge Blow to ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Junior Seau 1
More from around the web