Three major factors in the Ravens' loss

Three major factors in the Ravens' loss

There are 35 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 4, 2007, titled Three major factors in the Ravens' loss. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

In the aftermath of Monday night's devastating, 27-24 loss to the unbeaten New England Patriots, the Ravens refused to say they were outplayed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CommonSense Man

Richmond, VA

#21 Dec 5, 2007
as I actually read the article I have one comment to make

HOW THE HELL CAN ANYONE DISAGREE WITH THIS ARTICLE?

are you people that stupid or are you wearing Purple contacts and have no brain?

I mean seriously can ANY of you lame fans who don't like this article give an INTELLIGENT explanation why?
yankee2

Charlotte, NC

#22 Dec 5, 2007
Jamison Hensley does an exemplary job recapping the Ravens' loss to Pats Monday night.
His 12/4/07 story "Three Major Factors..." gives a clear outline of the game and provides interesting breakdowns for perspective. He lets the reader make up his own mind.
Commentary is one thing - but sports reporters who inject their own ideas (and ego) in a story is far too prevalent at the Sun and elsewhere.
excalibour34

Scotch Plains, NJ

#23 Dec 5, 2007
As i watched the game, and read everyone elses' comments, I've come to conclude that Baltimore definitely beat themselves... They played a hell of a game until the end. And had the Patriots defeated UNTIL the timeout called by the Def. Coach. But, things happen. The game was definitely called accordingly except for the Ben Watson hold, it wasn't on his defender, it was the defender of Jabar Gafney. The Patriots did what they do best, pull out a win with less than 2 minutes for play. Manning and Brady are the best at that!! it was a hard fought win for the Pats... plain and simple.
NEFANINNM

Taos, NM

#24 Dec 5, 2007
Undisciplined players cost the Ravens the game. As an avid Pats fan, it was clear the Pats were out played and out muscled for the most part...as much as I hate it. It was a great game that shouldn't be blamed on the Refs. As always on a nationally televised game, there were some questionable, ticky-tack penalties on both sides during the first 3 quarters. But when you look at the potential game changing penalties, they weren't borderline, they were muggings. That's the difference between winning and losing in the NFL. Even the last play was botched by the refs where the offensive pass interference was not flagged on the Hail Mary. Another sign of poor discipline. If by chance they scored on that play, it would/should have been called back.

The Ravens players obviously had a chip on their shoulders. They played with intensity and passion on defense and it was privilege to see. Until it mattered in the 4th quarter, the Offense played crisply with discipline.

To have the players blame it on the refs is a disservice to their fans and to themselves. They played great for 57 minutes and in many ways deserved the W.

The Pats got all the benefits of losing (humiliation, reality check, etc.) without the actual L...
Bradykilledmydog

Richmond, VA

#25 Dec 5, 2007
NEFANINNM wrote:
Undisciplined players cost the Ravens the game. As an avid Pats fan, it was clear the Pats were out played and out muscled for the most part...as much as I hate it. It was a great game that shouldn't be blamed on the Refs. As always on a nationally televised game, there were some questionable, ticky-tack penalties on both sides during the first 3 quarters. But when you look at the potential game changing penalties, they weren't borderline, they were muggings. That's the difference between winning and losing in the NFL. Even the last play was botched by the refs where the offensive pass interference was not flagged on the Hail Mary. Another sign of poor discipline. If by chance they scored on that play, it would/should have been called back.
The Ravens players obviously had a chip on their shoulders. They played with intensity and passion on defense and it was privilege to see. Until it mattered in the 4th quarter, the Offense played crisply with discipline.
To have the players blame it on the refs is a disservice to their fans and to themselves. They played great for 57 minutes and in many ways deserved the W.
The Pats got all the benefits of losing (humiliation, reality check, etc.) without the actual L...
Yeah right BANDWAGON BOY, you are in New Mexico, and somehow you are a real Pats fan right?

and don't even try using the same tired excuses,
"That's just my ISP, I don't really live there"

or my favorite excuse we get from bandwagon pieces of crap Pats fans

"I was born and raised a Pats fan, I just moved that's all" yeah right

you are a DIRTBAG
Fred

San Jose, CA

#26 Dec 5, 2007
Hey Bradykilledmydog,

Why does it matter where NEWFANINNM lives? I don't understand what you are getting at. Can't a Patriots fan live outside of New England?

And why does this make him a "DIRTBAG"?
gregg

Marietta, GA

#27 Dec 5, 2007
you still did not mention the referees non-call for offensive pass interferance on the final play of the game(then again nobody is mentioning that). If the refs were pro-patriots why would they have not thrown a flag on a possible game winning play like that?
Nathan Holscher

Haverhill, MA

#28 Dec 5, 2007
Im surprised that the ravens could even get one touchdown off the patriots since they lost to the chargers 32-14.By the way the patriots exploited the chargers their second game of the season 38-14 so how are some teams (Eagles-Ravens) doing so well against them when the best NFC team Dallas lost 48-27, and the second best AFC team other than pats lost 24-20.Are these teams just not trying or do they only try hard to defeate the best team in NFL history so america remembers them for the next 50 years. Well send youre comments to [email protected]
fred ranahan

Cookeville, TN

#30 Dec 6, 2007
I think there were a lot of instances not televised and flagrant penalties not called on the Ravens secondary...they were holding/interferance fouls all day...i think they are a dirty cheap ball club...how about Assante Samuel getting tackled on the last play of the game...please..half the ravens secondary should be playing in Canada or Europe..Rolle..is average at best..and McAllister got beat all day..just shut the hell up...
lil boo

Decatur, MS

#31 Dec 6, 2007
I feel that the patriot r going 19 n o including winning the superbowl.
Jonathan Tomlin

Catskill, NY

#32 Dec 6, 2007
The Ravens just suck thats why they lost to the best team in NFL the New England Patriots.
First and Goal

Cambridge, MA

#33 Dec 6, 2007
Watched the game again last night on the NFL network, and then Inside the NFL. Collinsworth and Marino reviewed the penalties of the last Patriot's drive with the the Larry Upson - and both agreed with the calls. Now, take a look at Boller's Hail Mary pass. Asante Samuel was clearly in a position to catch the ball, but was being held down by both shoulders. Should have been a pass interference call on the offense. Yet, no flag on a play that could have resulted in a Raven's TD. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriot...

Sorry, this was not a game lost by officiating. This game was lost because of a bad time out call and an interception. Time to give the Pats the credit.
Maxx

Pineville, LA

#34 Dec 6, 2007
The Patriots might go undefeated in the regular season.
But, their perfect season will end with a loss in the playoffs.
Norman Girdharry

AOL

#35 Dec 6, 2007
If the ravens want to complain about the refs, they should have done it sooner when the refs made some questionable calls against the pats. Maybe this is my opinion, and maybe i saw a different game than some, but what i saw was the refs calling the penalties that happened and nothing more. If they don't want to get called for stupid penalties than don't make stupid plays.
Baltimore Bob

Four Oaks, NC

#36 Dec 6, 2007
Three major factors.. 1.) they palyed a better team...2.) They didn't score as many points...3.) Time ran out...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Sanders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Headline goes here (Aug '11) Aug '11 Avant 2
News Could Ryan Mathews change things? (Apr '10) Apr '10 Bullfarts 2
News Second-ary chance taken (Jan '10) Jan '10 big dog 1
News Major test for Patriots (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tony 7
News Patsa young secondary to be tested again (Sep '09) Sep '09 kevin 15
News Pats young secondary facing another solid young QB (Sep '09) Sep '09 Spy Cameras 2
News Jones: Cowboys need fresh start (Mar '09) Mar '09 Cowboyfansince75 3
More from around the web