Ohio State Prepares for Another Fiest...

Ohio State Prepares for Another Fiesta Bowl

There are 30 comments on the WBOY-TV story from Dec 16, 2008, titled Ohio State Prepares for Another Fiesta Bowl. In it, WBOY-TV reports that:

Coach Jim Tressel says this game is about the seniors. The 10th ranked Buckeyes take on the No.3 Texas Longhorns at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona on Janury 5th.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBOY-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Xcite

Warren, OH

#1 Dec 17, 2008
Ohio State has no chance

“DEC 7 1941”

Since: Dec 06

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#2 Dec 17, 2008
Xcite wrote:
Ohio State has no chance
You know, Ohio State isn't the only team playing this bowl season. Anyone else not have a chance to win?

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#3 Dec 18, 2008
No just OSU because everyone is so Jealous of their success.
Swamplizard

United States

#4 Dec 18, 2008
Matt...I'd lay low until after the game! If you guys lose I would definitely go into hibernation for at least a cycle (4 years)...

You guys have a swim team don't you?
Matt from Columbus wrote:

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#5 Dec 18, 2008
Amen......GO BUCKS!!!

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#6 Dec 18, 2008
Swamplizard wrote:
Matt...I'd lay low until after the game! If you guys lose I would definitely go into hibernation for at least a cycle (4 years)...
<quoted text>
Sorry brother, but we don't run and hide like many "elite" fans did this year, take that to the bank my friend, we'll be here win or lose, that what a real fan does.....
Swamplizard

United States

#7 Dec 18, 2008
Alright...I'll buy that! You've got to stick with your team...(but not your coach if he can't bring it to the level your program deserves).
Truebuckeyefan wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry brother, but we don't run and hide like many "elite" fans did this year, take that to the bank my friend, we'll be here win or lose, that what a real fan does.....
Pete

Texarkana, AR

#8 Dec 18, 2008
i would feel sorry for Ohio State if they lose. Texas doesn't deserve their win, though the national media thinks they deserve the national title.
i just don't see it.
maybe i am biased, being a techfan

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#9 Dec 18, 2008
Swamplizard wrote:
Alright...I'll buy that! You've got to stick with your team...(but not your coach if he can't bring it to the level your program deserves).
<quoted text>
Agreed....hopefully he's has time to get with his coaches and other folks who are successful with unpredictable college football plays, not the 4 yards and a cloud of smoke tressel ball...

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#10 Dec 18, 2008
Pete wrote:
i would feel sorry for Ohio State if they lose. Texas doesn't deserve their win, though the national media thinks they deserve the national title.
i just don't see it.
maybe i am biased, being a techfan
I can understand how you must feel, you guys beat them and your defense rocked McCoy....your qb had more yards passing than Bradford, Tebow and McCoy and can't even get an invite? I wish you well, I like Texas Tech

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#11 Dec 18, 2008
Swampy you've been on the forums a while you know my two favorite teams are playing each other right? I will never lay low I will be on this forum win or lose and I don't care what anyone says. BTW Florida has never played an offense like Oklahoma's this year should be interesting.
Swamplizard wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete

Texarkana, AR

#12 Dec 18, 2008
Truebuckeyefan wrote:
<quoted text>I can understand how you must feel, you guys beat them and your defense rocked McCoy....your qb had more yards passing than Bradford, Tebow and McCoy and can't even get an invite? I wish you well, I like Texas Tech
All were gracious. Besides the fact that Colt Mccoy was "left out" of the championship games, Heismans don't go to someone with chips already on their shoulders. Not that he wasn't deserving.
Harrell didn't get invited because Heismans don't go to someone with a 44 point loss on their season record.(not with the numbers on the other guy's stats)
Harrell got Unitas, Colt got the Camp.
Tebow got the Maxwell, Bradford got the Heisman/O'Brien
So I was watching the Greatest Game Ever Played, and the Colts/Giants 58 championship at Yankee Stadium game reminded me of the Tech/Nebraska game. Another OT game, Tech's early lead in the first, Huskers comeback in the second and plus, Johnny Unitas and Raymond Barry looked alot like Harrell and Crabtree!
And here, Graham went to DC instead of NYC and met the president after winning the Unitas award and meeting Barry!
Destiny is bright. Harrell would make an excellent NFL QB. I hope he gets a good draft (later round) onto a good team.
Harrell needs at least two passing touchdowns in the Cotton Bowl to set the all-time career passing TDs record.(131)
I wonder if by his senior year, Bradford would also tie or break it.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#13 Dec 18, 2008
I'm sure he'll get it !
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
All were gracious. Besides the fact that Colt Mccoy was "left out" of the championship games, Heismans don't go to someone with chips already on their shoulders. Not that he wasn't deserving.
Harrell didn't get invited because Heismans don't go to someone with a 44 point loss on their season record.(not with the numbers on the other guy's stats)
So I was watching the Greatest Game Ever Played, and the Colts/Giants 58 championship at Yankee Stadium game reminded me of the Tech/Nebraska game. Another OT game, Tech's early lead in the first, Huskers comeback in the second and plus, Johnny Unitas and Raymond Barry looked alot like Harrell and Crabtree!
And here, Graham went to DC instead of NYC and met the president after winning the Unitas award and meeting Barry!
Destiny is bright. Harrell would make an excellent NFL QB. I hope he gets a good draft (later round) onto a good team.
Harrell needs at least two passing touchdowns in the Cotton Bowl to set the all-time career passing TDs record.(131)
Pete

Texarkana, AR

#14 Dec 18, 2008
I'm sure he'll get it !
<quoted text>
unless he goes to the NFL (big mistake)
Pete

Texarkana, AR

#15 Dec 18, 2008
ESPN did a bowl ranking chart. Their top 10 bowls ewre horrible. I will never understand how the Sugar Bowl would end up in the top 5 games of the year.
I did my own. Sorry, THIS game (Ohio State and Texas) fell to #7

MY Bowl Ranks
1 OUvsUF
2 PSUvsUSC
3 BOISEvsTCU
4 TTUvsMISS
5 CINvsVT
6 OKST/O-DUCKS
7 UTvsOSU
8 CLEMvsNEB
9 LSUvsGT
10 SOCOvsIOWA

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#16 Dec 19, 2008
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard ya my friend...but the Gators, not Tebow lost to an unranked team at home...Texas Tech lost that game, not Harrell, Oklahoma lost to Texas, not Bradford...as I said before, in my humble opinion, the Heisman is losing it luster....to much politics, out of the three qb's, I'll take Harrell who out-played them all....but my vote doesn't count, just my opinion..come on Bowl Games!!!! Have a happy holiday everyone!

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#17 Dec 21, 2008
Truebuckeyefan wrote:
<quoted text>I heard ya my friend...but the Gators, not Tebow lost to an unranked team at home...Texas Tech lost that game, not Harrell, Oklahoma lost to Texas, not Bradford...as I said before, in my humble opinion, the Heisman is losing it luster....to much politics, out of the three qb's, I'll take Harrell who out-played them all....but my vote doesn't count, just my opinion..come on Bowl Games!!!! Have a happy holiday everyone!
> The Heisman never has had any luster in my opinion! It's an over-hyped personal award that could be handed out to any number of talented individuals. I don't see what all the hoopla is about! The same goes for all the other personal awards in CFB. They are more or less popularity contest trophies. No one can actually say who is the best CFB player ... offense or defense. Personally for me as a CFB fan I'm after the National Championship Trophy. After all, CFB is a "team" sport. The Heisman Trophy, along with the other individual CFB awards is like winning the ASSociated Press NC Trophy ... USELESS!!!
>:|

“embrassed buckeye fan”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#18 Dec 21, 2008
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> The Heisman never has had any luster in my opinion! It's an over-hyped personal award that could be handed out to any number of talented individuals. I don't see what all the hoopla is about! The same goes for all the other personal awards in CFB. They are more or less popularity contest trophies. No one can actually say who is the best CFB player ... offense or defense. Personally for me as a CFB fan I'm after the National Championship Trophy. After all, CFB is a "team" sport. The Heisman Trophy, along with the other individual CFB awards is like winning the ASSociated Press NC Trophy ... USELESS!!!
>:|
I think they give the hiesman out to who is going to flop in the nfl the hardest.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#19 Dec 21, 2008
The Heisman is a big damn joke !!!! Tebow gets the most first pl votes and left off the ballot in the south west they did't have him in their top 3 thats chicken shit !!! it means nothing and your right fightfan most of them flop in the NFL

“embrassed buckeye fan”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#20 Dec 21, 2008
I was at Polaris fashion place with my wife on the north side of Columbus. There was about ten freshmen including Lamar Thomas , Tyrelle Pryor and Willie Mobley. I talked to one of them who was a redshirt named Travis Howard. They said they are flying out to the desert on the 29th. This is the second time I have scen those guys in public. Last time was last fathers day they were on a campus visit and I was walking out of Adriatico's pizza with my 9.5 lb buckeye pizza with peppers onion and tomatoes. Of course pepparoni. With a dash of hot sauce . I was more concerned with my pizza.
That kid from Miami crop said he has never been so cold in his life. I told him wait till sunday when its 10 out with a 30mph gust. Anyone else not get snow out of this. My sister back in Akron got like 8 inches and my other sister in Allentown is getting more. It just totally skiped central Ohio. O well. They can have it. But as for Texas. They never played a top 10 defense and faced locked down corners and the linebacking OSU has. I belive they have never faced a stronger faster back than Wells and a more athletic Q.B than Pryor. I still think Tress can not win a big game and needs to hire help in play calling and it will show. Texas 31 Ohio State 6.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Laurinaitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will The Rams Secondary Doom the Defense? (Jun '14) Jun '14 Rambotron 1
News 2013 NFL Preview: St. Louis Rams (Jul '13) Jul '13 Cam cisneros 1
News Rams announce Rob Ryan won't be defensive coord... (Jan '13) Jan '13 brent0025 1
News Pro Bowl has No St. Louis Rams Playersa This Se... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Tiffani 1
News Feldman: What would Rams defense look like unde... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Juanito 2
News NFL Rams at home in London after sharing Arsena... (Oct '12) Oct '12 John Paz 1
News NFL Notebook: Suspension extended for Broncos' ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 rdshu 1
More from around the web