Why USC Will Beat Ohio State: Lisa Horne Vs. Kevin Paul

Jun 1, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

Kevin Paul , a contributing writer for FOXSports.com, and I have started a series called "You're Right, I'm Wrong." And no, that's not a typo... by Lisa Horne 15 276 reads June 01, 2009 Kevin Paul , a contributing writer for FOXSports.com, and I have started a series called "You're Right, I'm Wrong." And no, that's not a typo.

Comments
1 - 20 of 182 Comments Last updated Sep 5, 2009
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Hoyer

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Jun 25, 2009
Ohio State is overrated and are to confident. WHY? Because they have the easiest schedule in the NCAA. I'm an Oregon Duck fan but still....Ohio State can't match up to USC's talent.
Deer Hunter

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jun 27, 2009
I'm LSU fan and i think Ohio State will beat USC by 17 pts. They are both good teams, but they sure be tested more every year and Pac 10 and Big 10 needs to expand and have a championship game. You know man up or have their man cards pull.
TMD

Brownsburg, IN

#3 Jul 9, 2009
Hoyer wrote:
Ohio State is overrated and are to confident. WHY? Because they have the easiest schedule in the NCAA. I'm an Oregon Duck fan but still....Ohio State can't match up to USC's talent.
Isn't that what they said about Stanford and Oregon St?

At the USC and tOSU levels of college football the teams are pretty evenly matched. It's about EXECUTION.

The USC/tOSU game should be very close.

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4 Jul 19, 2009
OSU is playing w/ a chip on it's shoulder and at home. This "should" be a really good game!

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#5 Jul 19, 2009
The days of having a lack of leadership are over Terrell Pryor will make a difference and so will the young players that are both fast and hungry on defense. The only problem I see is the fact we still have the same terrible offensive and defensive coaches. I think it'll be closer but I need to see both of the teams play their first game before I can really know. I will say this they better have their best offensive scheme of the past 6 years if they want to win this game.
Eagle3 wrote:
OSU is playing w/ a chip on it's shoulder and at home. This "should" be a really good game!
Bubba Buck

Ocala, FL

#6 Jul 20, 2009
OSU will beat USC this year. Why ? Because, where USC was dominant last year the Bucks will be dominant this year...that being the TRENCHES ! Throw in Terrell Pryor, the fact that it is a home game and the Bucks will EASILY (10 points) win this one. Too much talent not to get it done.

PS: I don't know who the USC QB is this year, but this will truly be a baptism by fire....get ready...he will be on his back more than a Playboy model. Thaddeus Gibson (he beat the crap out of colt McCoy), Cam Heyward, etc.,etc. BOOM, BOOM, the lights will go out in Columbus !
Bubba Buck

Ocala, FL

#7 Jul 20, 2009
Eagle3 wrote:
Eagle-give me the insight WHY Auburn got rid of Tommy Tuberville ? He is a great coach in my mind-what are your thoughts on Chisik ?? I know it was Iowa State...still......??
Bubba Buck

Ocala, FL

#8 Jul 20, 2009
Deer Hunter wrote:
I'm LSU fan and i think Ohio State will beat USC by 17 pts. They are both good teams, but they sure be tested more every year and Pac 10 and Big 10 needs to expand and have a championship game. You know man up or have their man cards pull.
I agree, tradition is tradition but we are running in place. We have 3 domed stadiums in the conference territory-add a couple of teams and the level of competition would be second to none. Rotate between Ford Field, the Metro Dome, Lucas Oil field in Indy....add West Va., Pitt, Nebraska and Missouri....ND......the trouble is....most of these schools don't meet the standards to be eligible for joining the Big 10 but probably could get there within the next 2-3 years.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#9 Jul 20, 2009
I am not sold on your prediction but I wish it to be true. I love my Buckeyes and all but their coaching will have to have improved BIG TIME to beat a Peter Carrol Coached team. I have much respect for Pete Carroll and what he's done with that team.
Bubba Buck wrote:
OSU will beat USC this year. Why ? Because, where USC was dominant last year the Bucks will be dominant this year...that being the TRENCHES ! Throw in Terrell Pryor, the fact that it is a home game and the Bucks will EASILY (10 points) win this one. Too much talent not to get it done.
PS: I don't know who the USC QB is this year, but this will truly be a baptism by fire....get ready...he will be on his back more than a Playboy model. Thaddeus Gibson (he beat the crap out of colt McCoy), Cam Heyward, etc.,etc. BOOM, BOOM, the lights will go out in Columbus !

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#10 Jul 20, 2009
Bubba Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle-give me the insight WHY Auburn got rid of Tommy Tuberville ? He is a great coach in my mind-what are your thoughts on Chisik ?? I know it was Iowa State...still......??
Bubba, most of us AU fans were just as shocked as you. Some of the powers that rule AU like an iron fist have never really liked TT from the start. One bad season, I mean, C'mon! TT was great in bowl games, great as an SEC road team, good for 8+ wins a season (I think his average was 10 from 2001-2007), and a great defensive coach. I honestly do not know ALL the details, but the popular opinion is that he was pushed out so Auburn could have change across the board. The current AD and Chizik are old buddies and I believe that has much to do w/ him getting the job. Chiz is a stellar defensive mind and he has hired a good staff so I'll give him a chance.

I miss TT already. He was d@mn good at beating Bama too!
jake fizzy PEREZ

Ludington, MI

#11 Jul 20, 2009
reasons y usc will beat the shit outta OSU
1) our offence will be better than last year
2) our defence will be almost al good as last year
3) aaron corp is 10 times better than Pryor
4) 2 words: TAYLOR MAYS
5)''OHIO STATE SUCKS''- lendale white

“FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

#12 Jul 20, 2009
Much like Mattie, I'm cautiously optimistic, for USC though. I just think there are too many unknowns for anyone to be able to say, with any degree of confidence, how this game will turn out. All I hope for is a good, close game, and that USC comes out victorious in the end.
Bubba Buck

Ocala, FL

#13 Jul 20, 2009
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>Bubba, most of us AU fans were just as shocked as you. Some of the powers that rule AU like an iron fist have never really liked TT from the start. One bad season, I mean, C'mon! TT was great in bowl games, great as an SEC road team, good for 8+ wins a season (I think his average was 10 from 2001-2007), and a great defensive coach. I honestly do not know ALL the details, but the popular opinion is that he was pushed out so Auburn could have change across the board. The current AD and Chizik are old buddies and I believe that has much to do w/ him getting the job. Chiz is a stellar defensive mind and he has hired a good staff so I'll give him a chance.
I miss TT already. He was d@mn good at beating Bama too!
Yeah-I like him too. A pretty danged nice guy also. He might have been a little tainted in the minds due to his time at other
SEC schools ? He will be a great coach again unfortunately for another school !
Bubba Buck

Ocala, FL

#14 Jul 20, 2009
jake fizzy PEREZ wrote:
reasons y usc will beat the shit outta OSU
1) our offence will be better than last year
2) our defence will be almost al good as last year
3) aaron corp is 10 times better than Pryor
4) 2 words: TAYLOR MAYS
5)''OHIO STATE SUCKS''- lendale white
With the menatality our your analysis, I understand why you migrated to the state of Michigan.....

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#15 Jul 20, 2009
Wow he's 10 times better than Pryor? We better get out our white flags now, right?
Bubba Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
With the menatality our your analysis, I understand why you migrated to the state of Michigan.....

“FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

#16 Jul 20, 2009
Bubba Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy now, Mr. Buck. It could also be that the increase in moisture combined with lower temperatures resulted in a short-circuit in his brain. ;P

Hey Jakey, I appreciate the enthusiasm, bud, but let's not get TOO overconfident. A few fellow Trojan fans had to eat a fair helping of crow last year after the "Clusterfruck in Corvallis"

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#17 Jul 20, 2009
I try to be objective and have less faith in the coaching of OSU than I did 5 years ago.
CPEM wrote:
Much like Mattie, I'm cautiously optimistic, for USC though. I just think there are too many unknowns for anyone to be able to say, with any degree of confidence, how this game will turn out. All I hope for is a good, close game, and that USC comes out victorious in the end.

Since: Jan 09

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#18 Jul 20, 2009
USC is over-rated and way over confident!:)

Since: Jan 09

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#19 Jul 20, 2009
Hoyer wrote:
Ohio State can't match up with USC because USC cheats! FACT!
Bubba Buck

Ocala, FL

#20 Jul 21, 2009
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy now, Mr. Buck. It could also be that the increase in moisture combined with lower temperatures resulted in a short-circuit in his brain. ;P
Hey Jakey, I appreciate the enthusiasm, bud, but let's not get TOO overconfident. A few fellow Trojan fans had to eat a fair helping of crow last year after the "Clusterfruck in Corvallis"
Don't know CPEM.....I don't know many USC fans in Michigan....probably just a disgruntled Wolve....probably has nothing to do with USC. Last year USC was DEFINITELY the best team out there. That one let down against OSU (unfortunately one week too late for our OSU) hosed them....would have LOVED to see them playing the Gators....I would have been in your court had that happened. The way they dominated a very good Penn State team in the Rose Bowl was impressive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Laurinaitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will The Rams Secondary Doom the Defense? Jun '14 Rambotron 1
2013 NFL Preview: St. Louis Rams (Jul '13) Jul '13 Cam cisneros 1
Rams announce Rob Ryan won't be defensive coord... (Jan '13) Jan '13 brent0025 1
Pro Bowl has No St. Louis Rams Playersa This Se... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Tiffani 1
Feldman: What would Rams defense look like unde... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Juanito 2
NFL Rams at home in London after sharing Arsena... (Oct '12) Oct '12 John Paz 1
NFL Notebook: Suspension extended for Broncos' ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 rdshu 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

James Laurinaitis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••