Baltimore Ravens vs Pittsburgh Steelers Almost Ruined by Two Big Missed Calls

Dec 6, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

Sunday night, the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens got together for their second meeting of the year.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Dec 9, 2010
Ron Morris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Has anyone heard what the league intends to do about the "hits" on Heath and Ben-if anything at all ?
Ron Morris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Any news on what the league intends to do about the "hits" on Heath and Ben- if anything at all ?
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

i think the fines usually come out mid week. there should be two fines against ben, one goes to ngata for the broken nose and one goes to suggs for hitting ben in the side of the head and then grabbing his helmet.
Dave Krill

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Don't be surprised if no one is fined at all. These are the Steelers. Do you expect them to get a fair shake?
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Dave Krill wrote:
Don't be surprised if no one is fined at all. These are the Steelers. Do you expect them to get a fair shake?
nope. they will overcome the bad refs, that's what champions do.
ACW

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Bob Roberts wrote:
i think the fines usually come out mid week. there should be two fines against ben, one goes to ngata for the broken nose and one goes to suggs for hitting ben in the side of the head and then grabbing his helmet.
hey i don't remember hearing about any fines when mike vick was involved with all those late hits and looking through his ear holes with all the facemasks, so i don't look for any fines besides the steelers might have got the win, but i enjoyed watching someone finally playing thier game, cheap shots and dirty hits. GO RAY RAY!!!
ACW

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
nope. they will overcome the bad refs, that's what champions do.
Oh please!! y don't you win a little bit, the steelers are far from champions. just because they won a superbowl 2 years ago doesn't mean they get to go every year, you traded your best playmaker (holmes) another took out last night. and a qb that held together with duct tape and super glue, and overcoming "bad refs" Superbowl XL ringing a bell? steelers-seahawks. don't whine about no SH!T about bad refs. they got the win, but not before their asses handed to them. RAVENS!!!!!!!!
ACW

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

ACW wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please!! y don't you win a little bit, the steelers are far from champions. just because they won a superbowl 2 years ago doesn't mean they get to go every year, you traded your best playmaker (holmes) another took out last night. and a qb that held together with duct tape and super glue, and overcoming "bad refs" Superbowl XL ringing a bell? steelers-seahawks. don't whine about no SH!T about bad refs. they got the win, but not before their asses handed to them. RAVENS!!!!!!!!
WHINE

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

I really have mixed feeling on this. The bash in the nose was deliberate, the helmet to helmet (while the lack of concern showed made me mad) was not, but those hits should have been penalized on field, not fines after. If it wasn't for the hell Stealers have raised because of the injustice, I don't think fines were have been issued. I also don't think that Goodell and Anderson should be collecting money from other teams and pushing for a new stadium in Atlanta! Let them pay for their own stadium, we had to!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story...

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

littleone6714 wrote:
I really have mixed feeling on this. The bash in the nose was deliberate, the helmet to helmet (while the lack of concern showed made me mad) was not, but those hits should have been penalized on field, not fines after. If it wasn't for the hell Stealers have raised because of the injustice, I don't think fines were have been issued. I also don't think that Goodell and Anderson should be collecting money from other teams and pushing for a new stadium in Atlanta! Let them pay for their own stadium, we had to!
A new stadium in Atlanta? Isn't that one already new...? That is silly.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>A new stadium in Atlanta? Isn't that one already new...? That is silly.
No Goodell wants to host a super bowl in Atlanta. The state refused to provide the funding.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/team/atlanta/falcons/...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehu...
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

littleone6714 wrote:
the thing that pisses me off about this is the fines don't affect the game but the lack of a penalty does affect the game. fines just affect how a player plays in the next game.
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

ACW wrote:
<quoted text>
the steelers scored 10 unanswered points in the 4th quarter. who handed who what here drooly? lol. the ravens are a second tier team that struggles in december and the post season if they even get there. they have one superbowl that happened a decade ago. the steelers are champions. everyone knows it. you know it too. that's why you hate them, they are what the ravens aspire to be...too bad the ravens just aren't tough enough or talented enough to overcome the black and gold bullies of the afc north.

YEAH BABY!! KICKIN' SOME BIRD TEAM BUTT!!!!

LET'S GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

ACW wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably too busy hiding your still from the g-men to notice actual stats, so here they are from that game:

Total Yards Steelers 288 Ravens 269
Passing 234 226
Rushing 54 43
1st Downs 17 14
Possession 34:08 25:52

In every category that mattered, the Steelers came out on top, including the MOST important one: the final score. Your baby's crying, Jethro, so go fix him another Mountain Dew and stop trying to talk about football.
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably too busy hiding your still from the g-men to notice actual stats, so here they are from that game:
Total Yards Steelers 288 Ravens 269
Passing 234 226
Rushing 54 43
1st Downs 17 14
Possession 34:08 25:52
In every category that mattered, the Steelers came out on top, including the MOST important one: the final score. Your baby's crying, Jethro, so go fix him another Mountain Dew and stop trying to talk about football.
where do these knob-headed inbreds come from? oh yeah west virginia! land of the web-toed, cross-eyed, six fingered morons. lmao!

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
the thing that pisses me off about this is the fines don't affect the game but the lack of a penalty does affect the game. fines just affect how a player plays in the next game.
Agree...the fines have no bearing the game that was actually played.

I just heard the back story on the hit to the nose with Roethlisberger --

Ben "Am i bleeding?"

Ref. Terry McCauley: "Yes."

Ben "How bout a penalty,(gingerly smile and partial laugh)?"

Ref. Terry McCauley: "No. He was just trying to make a tackle."

Odd in that I thought all hits to the head were penalties. Wasn't Terrell Suggs penalized a few years ago for trying to defend a pass and incidently hit Kerry Collins in the helmet with his hand.

Wasn't Harrison just recently fined & penalized just last week for this?

If the NFL really wants these rules to work, they need to have it accross the board and clear cut..I am not meaning that to be whining that we didn't get a flag on Ngata.

Even Chris Collinsworth made a comment during the game, that he left a pregame meeting with NFL VP Ray Anderson confused about what is truly a legal tackle and not.

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

ACW wrote:
<quoted text>
This marks the firstI have heard a Raven fan bragging after a loss.

You don't need to worry about who we trade away. Holmes is a great player, awesome when he is focused. But he was in the last year of a deal and out for at least 4 games, plus it was likely he would not have resigned anyway, with the ever emerging Mike Wallace. So this allowed us to move Mike Wallace up the depth chart, and draft two versatile WR's (one pick from the Jets) in Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown, who have a lot of potential and are already developing nicely. In addition, it opened Cap space to reacquire Antwaan Randle-El, and keep Ryan Clark. So for one superstar only available for 12 games, we added/kept 5 or so quality, proven or developing players.
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>This marks the firstI have heard a Raven fan bragging after a loss.
You don't need to worry about who we trade away. Holmes is a great player, awesome when he is focused. But he was in the last year of a deal and out for at least 4 games, plus it was likely he would not have resigned anyway, with the ever emerging Mike Wallace. So this allowed us to move Mike Wallace up the depth chart, and draft two versatile WR's (one pick from the Jets) in Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown, who have a lot of potential and are already developing nicely. In addition, it opened Cap space to reacquire Antwaan Randle-El, and keep Ryan Clark. So for one superstar only available for 12 games, we added/kept 5 or so quality, proven or developing players.
hated to see holmes go, but i think adding our young guys makes up for him. and there is no way I want to see clark go. he is a perfect compliment to #43.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent James Harrison Discussions

Search the James Harrison Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Steelers Mock Draft: Predicting All 7 Rounds (Mar '13) Mar '13 Hiroshi 4
Ravens, Steelers interested in Elvis Dumervil, ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Rodney 1
AFC North: James Harrison not Ready to Leave Di... (Mar '13) Mar '13 bigd 1
Why Has Pittsburgh Steelers Guard Willie Colon ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Mike 1
Why I'm rooting for the Steelers to win in Week... (Dec '12) Feb '13 Black Is back 19
7 Questions the Pittsburgh Steelers Must Answer... (Jan '13) Feb '13 steelersfan1 3
Pittsburgh Steelers Mock Draft: Full 7-Round Pr... (Dec '12) Jan '13 wondering 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••