Steelers' Ward deals with 'dirty' label

Steelers' Ward deals with 'dirty' label

There are 7 comments on the InYork story from Nov 6, 2009, titled Steelers' Ward deals with 'dirty' label. In it, InYork reports that:

Josh McDaniels said Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward is the kind of player around whom franchises are built.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InYork.

Bubba

Mount Laurel, NJ

#1 Nov 6, 2009
It's football, not tiddly winks. The whining of the players about how rough and dirty some others are is getting old. Just like Brady, who can't be touched without incurring a penalty. Let the Nancies wear a skirt.
Nate

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Nov 6, 2009
Bubba wrote:
It's football, not tiddly winks. The whining of the players about how rough and dirty some others are is getting old. Just like Brady, who can't be touched without incurring a penalty. Let the Nancies wear a skirt.
very well put. i agree
George

Berryville, VA

#3 Nov 6, 2009
AMEN to the first two posts!!!!!
6burgh

Washington, DC

#4 Nov 6, 2009
This is a direct result of Hines beating up on the Bengals and ravens. Very funny how Bart Scott and Terrell Thuggs puts a bounty on Hines Ward but when ward went after Bart Scott to block him Bart Scott ducked. Linebackers and DBs are scared of a wide receiver. LMAO. But these same linebackers love blindsiding a QB. These players today could not make it 20 years ago.
GHT

Portland, OR

#5 Nov 6, 2009
Bubba wrote:
even a Stiller fan can agree that a blind side hit on a player not involved in the action 40 yards away from the ball carrier, is dirty by definition. You never played huh? Have some honor dude. Brady is different, he is INVOLVED in the action and needs to absorb more hits instead of the way they (the NFL) change the spirit of the rule in order to help him out.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#6 Nov 6, 2009
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>even a Stiller fan can agree that a blind side hit on a player not involved in the action 40 yards away from the ball carrier, is dirty by definition. You never played huh? Have some honor dude. Brady is different, he is INVOLVED in the action and needs to absorb more hits instead of the way they (the NFL) change the spirit of the rule in order to help him out.
"Not involved in the action?" How is someone running toward the ball carrier, trying to make a tackle, "not involved in the action?" That's who Ward hits--he doesn't go looking for towel-boys and cheerleaders standing on the sidelines. What he does is called blocking. The fact that he does it better than any receiver who ever lived doesn't make him a dirty player. I'm amazed that Ravens fans are always so sanctimonious about Ward, when Suggs put a bounty on players, and Ray Lewis jumped up after breaking Mendenhall's shoulder crowing "He's done."
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#7 Nov 6, 2009
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>even a Stiller fan can agree that a blind side hit on a player not involved in the action 40 yards away from the ball carrier, is dirty by definition. You never played huh? Have some honor dude. Brady is different, he is INVOLVED in the action and needs to absorb more hits instead of the way they (the NFL) change the spirit of the rule in order to help him out.
I guess I'd have to add that if your defenders are sitting around "not involved in the action," then they deserve to be hit for different reasons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Harrison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steelers Mock Draft: Predicting All 7 Rounds (Mar '13) Mar '13 Hiroshi 4
News Ravens, Steelers interested in Elvis Dumervil, ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Rodney 1
News AFC North: James Harrison not Ready to Leave Di... (Mar '13) Mar '13 bigd 1
News Why Has Pittsburgh Steelers Guard Willie Colon ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Mike 1
News Why I'm rooting for the Steelers to win in Week... (Dec '12) Feb '13 Black Is back 19
News 7 Questions the Pittsburgh Steelers Must Answer... (Jan '13) Feb '13 steelersfan1 3
News Pittsburgh Steelers Mock Draft: Full 7-Round Pr... (Dec '12) Jan '13 wondering 2
More from around the web