Steelers LB Harrison penalized for roughing QB

Pittsburgh Steelers hard-hitting linebacker James Harrison has incurred a costly roughing-the-passer penalty against Buffalo's Ryan Fitzpatrick on Sunday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“"What I tell ya?"”

Since: Mar 10

Geno the Troll Buster

#21 Nov 30, 2010
Ben Rapistburger wrote:
<quoted text>
Dirty players! Open your eyes for a change!
Polamalu's hair may be dirty, but thats about it. Pretty good player. No comment on Hines Ward

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#22 Nov 30, 2010
Ben Rapistburger wrote:
<quoted text>
Dirty players! Open your eyes for a change!
I think the only thing dirty at this point is your mouth. I can deal with the Ben Roethlisberger stuff...in the very least he put himself in those situations, regardless.

But Troy Polamalu has been a great guy, and a fantastic player. He and Ed Reed are the best DB's in the game. In addition, the guy is extremely soft spoken and geniune off the grass. A very charitble individual.

Hines Ward is a beast on the field, some hate his antics, others like it. Hate him or not, your team would be better for having him on your roster, plus he is a great student of the game. Another guy who is often seen making chartible appearances, many times on his own time and nickle.

Harrison had one off the field issue that went public that was really misreported and should have remained in his family and in his house, so to speak. Things have been rectified. He was seen numerous times toting his son around Latrobe, and seemed very humble and stopped many times for photos and to chat with fans. Also does a lot of charitible work on his own time.

Again, I would really focus on your team if I were you...going downhill, I see.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#23 Nov 30, 2010
Ben Rapistburger wrote:
<quoted text>
Harrison, Polamalu, and Ward are thugs. Rosenberger is a rapist. A drunk coed is NOT willing. Just cause the Steelers are winning doesn't make his act "cleaned up". Wonder what your feelings of him, and the team as a whole, would be if the Steelers were losing. Classless organization.
Oh hell no….please tell me you’re not THAT stupid!

Harrison is not a thug. He hits hard and has some questionable hits, so I won’t hit you back on that one.

Ward is not a thug. He was not even whispered about in a negative light until that nitwit wrote that piece on the dirtiest players and tried to throw Ward in with Harrison on picture 13. To anyone that has followed football for any length of time knows that @sswipe doesn’t know his head from a hole in the ground! I won’t hit you back for that one.

Ahh, fool….this is where you screwed up badly…..Troy Palamalu!

Not one coach or official in the NFL has ever spoken negatively about Troy! He IS above reproach in any shape or form! He is an outstanding player and that just eats you because you know you’re a worthless piece of sh*t, and that you’re whole body couldn’t amount to one hair on Troy’s head! Learn your facts before spewing your garbage!

Now, with that cleared up,

So the 5 other guys that screwed her that night raped her too? Ummmm, I didn’t hear their names in the report! Oh wait it was just Ben because unlike you and them HE’S not a broke joke! The sl*t wanted paid! So the girl was drunk….okay, by your reasoning, if someone gets drunk and kills somebody it’s not their fault???? OMG! Retarded fool! People ARE accountable for their actions regardless!

I have stuck by my team through thick and thin! They had a bad season last year, fool! I stuck by them then and I’ll stick by them now!

No team, no matter how bad they suck, does not deserve a traitor fan like you!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#24 Nov 30, 2010
The Geno wrote:
<quoted text>Polamalu's hair may be dirty, but thats about it. Pretty good player. No comment on Hines Ward
Head and Shoulders, babe!

BTW, it's unusual to find a Ravens fan, with class and defending Steelers, so I thank you.

“"What I tell ya?"”

Geno the Troll Buster

#25 Nov 30, 2010
littleone6714 wrote:
<quoted text>
Head and Shoulders, babe!
BTW, it's unusual to find a Ravens fan, with class and defending Steelers, so I thank you.
yup, you caught me on a good day
Ben Rapistburger

El Paso, TX

#26 Nov 30, 2010
James Harrison fined again by NFL
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story...

Suspend this mother fawking thug already!

Latrobe, PA

#27 Nov 30, 2010
Ben Rapistburger wrote:
Ha! Why? The league is profiting from it...in the promo for the AFC Matchup show on NFL Net, there is a sequence of tackles 1.) one of Jarret Johnson from the Ravens tackling someone, 2.) James Harrison's hit on Drew Brees

Both of these were penalties and both were fined.

Because Harrison is a hard hitter, does not make him a thug. The NFL's press release contradicts what the official called on the field of play. The official (who has a split second to make a decision) called 'leading with the crown.' Although, his crown never touched Mr. Fitzpatrick. The press release states 'because Harrison's helmet hit Fitzpatrick in the chest...'

Oddly enough its Harrison's shoulder that hits Mr. Fitzpatrick's chest first. However, in form tackling, if you ever walk straight into a 5-man or 7-man, it would knock you down. You must be at an angle that your knees and shoulders line up from top to bottom (similar to fielding a grounder in baseball), this is shown as proper technique in the league mandated training video that was submitted to all the teams once these incidents...err tackles were deemed illegal. This is the exact position Harrison was in. Part of the training video showed LB Bart Scott making this very hit on Kerry Collins.

The other day, I watched on the NFL Net, the top ten most feared players/tacklers...9 of the 10 shown, would have been penalized and illegal.

You can purchase that DVD from NFL for 24.99

Triumpth

United States

#28 Nov 30, 2010
Ben Rapistburger wrote:
Thugs and rapists...stay classy Steelers!
Seeing as how you're a sore losing, ain't won cr@p in decades crybaby cowboy fan, here are some facts about your team:
Eric Williams..........rape
Dextor Clinksdale.......Sexual assault on A MAN!
Michael Irvin..........Cocaine/rape holding gun to woman's head
Lance Rentzel..........public exposure/ wife beater
Mark Tuinei..........heroin overdose
Nate Newton..........caught with 175 lbs of grass in his van
Troy Hambrick..........cocaine trafficing
Larry Bathea..........stole Mom's life savings
Harvey Martin..........wife beater/ cocaine
Rafael Septien..........pled guilty to indecency with child
Pacman Jones..........forgedabodit!!! !!!!!!!

So in short, STFU and go back to Brokeback Mountain with your boys, but don't forget to wear a chastity belt.
Triumpth

United States

#29 Nov 30, 2010
Ben Rapistburger wrote:
Better yet for you boys from Brokeback, suspend all the good players. Then, maybe you can win more than three games!
Triumpth

United States

#30 Nov 30, 2010
The Geno wrote:
<quoted text>yup, you caught me on a good day
That's cause Steelers and the Ravens are the only ones playing real football and not crying: "mommy he hit me too hard".
Where's that Drill Sargeant psychiatrist when you need him?
styxx

Columbus, NM

#31 Nov 30, 2010
The NFL(National Flag League) is just trying and will prevent my STEELERS to get #7. Fire that sob of Goodell and hire a real commissioner, somebody that has played the game.....

“"What I tell ya?"”

Geno the Troll Buster

#32 Dec 1, 2010
Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! Why? The league is profiting from it...in the promo for the AFC Matchup show on NFL Net, there is a sequence of tackles 1.) one of Jarret Johnson from the Ravens tackling someone, 2.) James Harrison's hit on Drew Brees
Both of these were penalties and both were fined.
Because Harrison is a hard hitter, does not make him a thug. The NFL's press release contradicts what the official called on the field of play. The official (who has a split second to make a decision) called 'leading with the crown.' Although, his crown never touched Mr. Fitzpatrick. The press release states 'because Harrison's helmet hit Fitzpatrick in the chest...'
Oddly enough its Harrison's shoulder that hits Mr. Fitzpatrick's chest first. However, in form tackling, if you ever walk straight into a 5-man or 7-man, it would knock you down. You must be at an angle that your knees and shoulders line up from top to bottom (similar to fielding a grounder in baseball), this is shown as proper technique in the league mandated training video that was submitted to all the teams once these incidents...err tackles were deemed illegal. This is the exact position Harrison was in. Part of the training video showed LB Bart Scott making this very hit on Kerry Collins.
The other day, I watched on the NFL Net, the top ten most feared players/tacklers...9 of the 10 shown, would have been penalized and illegal.
You can purchase that DVD from NFL for 24.99
I just read the NFL fined him for another $25,000. He's up to $125,000 for the season. If he were a rookie, he'd be hurting. After taxes and fines he'd have $1.50 left.
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#33 Dec 1, 2010
Triumpth wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet for you boys from Brokeback, suspend all the good players. Then, maybe you can win more than three games!
the dallas brokebackboys! lmao!

Latrobe, PA

#34 Dec 1, 2010
The Geno wrote:
<quoted text>I just read the NFL fined him for another $25,000. He's up to $125,000 for the season. If he were a rookie, he'd be hurting. After taxes and fines he'd have $1.50 left.
He's got money, so I lose no sleep over it...but the odd/funny/what have you thing is his game checks are 44K...so if you take out the upfront $ and bonuses, over the last few games he is actually paying to play.
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#35 Dec 1, 2010
Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>He's got money, so I lose no sleep over it...but the odd/funny/what have you thing is his game checks are 44K...so if you take out the upfront $ and bonuses, over the last few games he is actually paying to play.
does he get a per sack bonus? i think he is making 3 mill per year with his paycheck and roster/reporting for duty bonuses.
Ben Rapistburger

El Paso, TX

#36 Dec 1, 2010
Hines Ward lashes out at NFL

Grow up you smiley squint eyed whinny byatch and play by the rules (i.e don't lead with your FAWKIN' helmet!!!)

And to the whining Steeler fans who think the NFL is only targeting your thug players, Sherrod Martin says hi!

Sherrod Martin fined $40K for hit

Latrobe, PA

#37 Dec 1, 2010
Ben Rapistburger wrote:
Grow up you smiley squint eyed whinny byatch and play by the rules (i.e don't lead with your FAWKIN' helmet!!!)
And to the whining Steeler fans who think the NFL is only targeting your thug players, Sherrod Martin says hi!
Cut the racial crap man, and do some growing up a little. If you want to talk smack, then throw-down. If you want to talk X's & O's, then let's debate and discuss. But let's get a little more mature.

Ward makes some valid points in the piece, but to be honest much of that is a rehash of other articles spliced together. Actually in terms of the actual context, Ward and T-Sizzle/Terrel Suggs make some valid points. Much of which the 'traditional's' have debated much in this forum over the years.

The league is flagging and fining these hits (mid season rule changes), yet you can purchase the NFL's hardest hitters DVD for 24.99

The league has outlawed/banned gambling of any sort, yet they sponsor fantasy football, pick'em leagues and others on their own site, for a price.

Again with the gambling, they will have non-of-it...but they sponsor a lottery in just about each NFL city. Some of the proceeds go to the team.

Back to the flags/penalties to 'protect' players...yet they want to add more games, and even presumably another team to Los Angeles.
Ken

Columbus, OH

#38 Dec 2, 2010
Ben Rapistburger wrote:
You're the one whining....just saying. I guess we should just put little flags on each side of the pants, would that make you happy? GOD!! Stop being suck puss babies and play some damn football!! I want to see them try to kill the guy with the ball.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#39 Dec 2, 2010
Triumpth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cause Steelers and the Ravens are the only ones playing real football and not crying: "mommy he hit me too hard".
Where's that Drill Sargeant psychiatrist when you need him?
It's pretty cool seeing these two enemies allying themselves over an issue. This Sunday they're going to be beating the crap out of each other as a protest defending the right to beat the crap out of each other.
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#40 Dec 2, 2010
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty cool seeing these two enemies allying themselves over an issue. This Sunday they're going to be beating the crap out of each other as a protest defending the right to beat the crap out of each other.
i think that's what all the fans want, a hard hitting take no prisoners game. both teams play football this way. the problem is the league is trying to make the game less violent. this crap about a tacklers helmet not being able to touch the QB is complete and total bullshit. I want to see how the league deals with sunday night's game. both teams will try to knock the other out. if anyone pulls up they risk injury to themselves because the other guy may not be pulling up. I like the way the steelers spoke up yesterday from the player level, i like what suggs had to say and I can't believe i just typed that.lol. it's time for the fans and players to make stand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Harrison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steelers Mock Draft: Predicting All 7 Rounds (Mar '13) Mar '13 Hiroshi 4
Ravens, Steelers interested in Elvis Dumervil, ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Rodney 1
AFC North: James Harrison not Ready to Leave Di... (Mar '13) Mar '13 bigd 1
Why Has Pittsburgh Steelers Guard Willie Colon ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Mike 1
Why I'm rooting for the Steelers to win in Week... (Dec '12) Feb '13 Black Is back 19
7 Questions the Pittsburgh Steelers Must Answer... (Jan '13) Feb '13 steelersfan1 3
Pittsburgh Steelers Mock Draft: Full 7-Round Pr... (Dec '12) Jan '13 wondering 2

James Harrison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE