Serious trouble is lurking

Oct 3, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin chooses words more carefully and deploys them with a precision far superior to that of your average postgame soloist, so when he simultaneously invoked and then disparaged "mystical" Sunday, it validated every suspicion that he was coaching a team in serious trouble.

Comments
21 - 22 of 22 Comments Last updated Oct 9, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>The Texans are validation of the Peter Principle. Wade Phillips is an excellent D Coordinator but a lousy head coach. Last year the Texans could score but their D couldn't stop anybody. No wthey can et a lead, protect it and play smashmouth (as much as you can play smashmouth with a zone blocking scheme)
dick lebeau was also head coach of the bengals for a bit and had 3 horrible seasons. luckily he came back to pittsburgh to be the DC.
lol! zone blocking is a bit different from smashmouth you're right. it should be called smash knees for all the cut blocks. with a runner like foster the texans are built for january football. we shall see.
Phillipsfarts

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Tebow passed for 300 yards against the Texans last year..enough said
Wade's Defenese lost again today...he sucks...enough said...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent James Farrior Discussions

Search the James Farrior Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Predicting the Pittsburgh Steelers' Free-Agent ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Reginald 1
Pittsburgh Steelers: Kevin Colbert Understands ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 steel pony 1
Tomlin: Loss to Ravens still stings (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bumblefarts 2
I am a Farrior descendant (Jan '09) Nov '11 Wendy Southerland-Jones 2
Kevin Cowherd: McKinnie biggest early-season su... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Orangefarts 20
Steelers pick up roles as Batman movie extras (Aug '11) Sep '11 Batfarts 3
Steelers edge Ravens to keep playoff hopes alive (Dec '09) Jun '11 For Real Dumb 72
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••