UTEP notes: Donald Buckram sets more ...

UTEP notes: Donald Buckram sets more milestones

There are 6 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 21, 2009, titled UTEP notes: Donald Buckram sets more milestones. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Though Donald Buckram won't fondly remember Saturday's loss to Rice, he did set a number of milestones in his 147-yard day, most notably breaking the school single-season rushing record of 1,546 yards by Fred Wendt in 1948.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

The Truth

San Antonio, TX

#1 Nov 21, 2009
Here we go again bloomquist making them sound like the best team in the nation. Buckram is the only one who deserves any recogintion in this article. "Good Start" topic is pointless. Three in and outs against a team that had won one game all year. That should happen you would think. "New best" says fewest yards given up in a game this season. They still allowed 30 points in the game and lost. Not once has he ever said how bad this team is. He tries to give good statistics when the team stinks. Terrible!!

Time for new excuses in the next articles. Im sure it will be along the lines of Price "not giving up" or "Utep wants to end season on a strong note."

What happened to Mike Price and his "I am at my best in these situations" he said like four or five weeks ago and this weeks "We will rally around Buckram"?? Talk,talk,talk and nothing but excuses. I will just sit back and get a good laugh at what I read next.
Dresden

Socorro, NM

#2 Nov 22, 2009
I think he set the fumble milestone too.
Joe

United States

#3 Nov 22, 2009
We need a coach who is NOT a players' coach. We need a strict disciplinarian who'll whip this team into shape and then there won't be any excuse list at the end of the season. Price is a good coach. Not a great one, though.
Informed Citizen

Brownsville, TX

#4 Nov 22, 2009
What's wrong with UTEP? The players lack drive and the killer instinct!! They are lions that haven't realized that they can roar. This is a coaching problem!! I like Mike Price and I do think long term he can fit into UTEP but, he need strict assistant coaches that can reach into the hearts and guts of these players and turn them into men with a mission. Statistics are meaningless when you don't win! Ask Donald Buckram whether he would trade 500 yards for 5 wins!!
Football Mania

Brownsville, TX

#5 Nov 22, 2009
Hello he is the number 1 rusher in the nation according to espn.com . Thats something to talk about to newspaper reporters
Chico

Mesquite, TX

#6 Nov 23, 2009
Now learn to hang on to the football!!!!
Two fumbles in the final minutes of 4th quarter!
Way to go Buckram!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Casey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Broncos Agree To Terms With Tight End James Casey (Apr '15) Apr '15 Abe Addison Hattin 1
News Michael Vick Injury: Friday is the Big Test (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mr D D Day 5
News Eagles Notebook: Media to get the bum's rush at... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Jack Irvin 1
News Eagles Notebook: Assessing Eagles' receiving depth (Jul '13) Jul '13 king koner 1
News UTEP Miners want to solve Rice mystery (Oct '10) Oct '10 Rice Krispies 13
News DOs and DON'Ts For Dallas Against The Houston T... (Aug '10) Sep '10 Bullfarts 6
News Rice Owls enjoy boost from 1st win of '09 (Nov '09) Nov '09 Pissed of Miner fan 2