Raiders at Home? It's an Empty Feeling

Raiders at Home? It's an Empty Feeling

There are 5 comments on the New York Times story from Oct 4, 2010, titled Raiders at Home? It's an Empty Feeling. In it, New York Times reports that:

If the Raiders ever take another lead this season, and no one is there to see it, will it really count? The Raiders drew a crowd announced at 32,218 to their 31-24 loss to the Texans on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Times.

Raiderfan

Mill Valley, CA

#1 Oct 4, 2010
I'm a 12 year season ticket holder and life long fan. Been there for the heighest monets and the low ones. But why pick on the fans? Until that old fart Al Davis fields a truly competitive team, what does one expect but low fan turnout. They haven't invested in a decent O Line in 10 years (I looked at salaries and compared them to the Patriots; starters on the Patriots command $3-5M salaries, Raiders average about $500K other than the big bust, Gallery). Al has drafted horribly, wasting pick after pick on "fast" DBs and safeties and has only Asomugha to show for it. McFadden is strated to look good, but face it, our wide receivers wouldn;t even start on other teams. We've been backed into a corner on QB (I like Bruce, but the book is still open if he's the real deal). Defense was supposed to be improved, but we are in the low 20's (25th, or 26th I think) in performance. On top of that, no one wants to coach for Al. I'll always be a fan, but it's too bad Al has no ability to review himself. He's a first class jerk, old fart
RaiderFaith

Durham, NC

#2 Oct 5, 2010
Agreed on all points. However, Bruce is doing great considering the O-line he is working with. Our biggest problem is O-line. With an Oline we would have the offense on the field more allowing the D to be rested. I think if our O-line was better everything else would be much less of an issue. I even think our WR's would be adequate. DHB is starting to step up. Murphy is the real deal. Is he a super star? no, but with a better O-line he has more time to get open. He could be a super star. Schilens is good but we need to trade him, he is an injury waiting to happen.
Raiderfan wrote:
I'm a 12 year season ticket holder and life long fan. Been there for the heighest monets and the low ones. But why pick on the fans? Until that old fart Al Davis fields a truly competitive team, what does one expect but low fan turnout. They haven't invested in a decent O Line in 10 years (I looked at salaries and compared them to the Patriots; starters on the Patriots command $3-5M salaries, Raiders average about $500K other than the big bust, Gallery). Al has drafted horribly, wasting pick after pick on "fast" DBs and safeties and has only Asomugha to show for it. McFadden is strated to look good, but face it, our wide receivers wouldn;t even start on other teams. We've been backed into a corner on QB (I like Bruce, but the book is still open if he's the real deal). Defense was supposed to be improved, but we are in the low 20's (25th, or 26th I think) in performance. On top of that, no one wants to coach for Al. I'll always be a fan, but it's too bad Al has no ability to review himself. He's a first class jerk, old fart
Stabler Raider

Lake Forest, CA

#3 Oct 5, 2010
Well I am disappointed with the Raiders start. Lets hope they can put some wins together starting with the Chargers. That in itself might put the spark back into a team on the downward slide. My 9-7 (hope and a prayer) is fast departing the area!!! Raider Fan Forever.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 Oct 6, 2010
It's really hard to say right now. The OL is the biggest issue and from what I've seen, it leads to other areas being issues. Honestly, I think Robert Gallery is now an injury risk and that just makes the OL issue worse because he was the only one that was a sure thing at LG. The front 7 of the defense is good, but the need more time off the field to be rested. Nnamdi Asomugha and Tyvon Branch are good in the secondary, but Michael Huff is the biggest first round bust on the roster right now and we can't seem to have a corner that can get the job done opposite of Aso. I thought Fabian Washington was decent but his clash with Kiffin and the trade for Deangelo Hall got him shipped away. Hall was no good after past issues with Cable in Atlanta. What really bugs me is that I think Charles Woodson faked the turf toe his last year with us missing half the season that allowed him to get away to Green Bay and now he has a revamped career where he don't have to play man to man all the time...Otherwise we'd have 2 all pro corners opposite of each other.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#5 Oct 6, 2010
WHAT'S UP TEXAS-RAIDER!=) both (O-line) and (D-line) are the issue. in the (O) the line is an issue and gradkowski should not have to scramble like that but it's a good thing he does. the problem is he need to learn to slide. the (D) yes micheal huff getting burned and missing more tackles than ever. there are times he makes great plays but he needs to relly cling on to a player not just finger grab him. this last game the texans came in with a plan! the problem was RAIDERS didn't know how to react to it to fix it. they had no answers. the other games were could've would've and should have! lets see what happens with the chargers who we were so hopeful to beat at the beggining of the season.
GO RAIDERS!!!
GO RAIDERS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JaMarcus Russell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Raiders May Be Back (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News NFL notebook: Bengals, 'Pacman' agree on contra... (May '10) Jan '15 Same Story 10
News Darren McFadden brings Oakland Raiders ground g... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 2
News Pick 6: Biggest QB busts of the last 10 years (May '14) May '14 TexasRaider 5
News Former Chiefs Quarterback Matt Cassel to be an ... (Feb '14) Apr '14 Reggie McWTF 6
News The 5 Biggest NFL Draft Blunders in Oakland Rai... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Reggie McWTF 6
News How bad are things for Raiders? Even cheerleade... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Laughing bear Fan 3
More from around the web