Chaz Schilens: Oakland Raiders Have T...

Chaz Schilens: Oakland Raiders Have Their No. 81

There are 5 comments on the BleacherReport story from Jul 15, 2010, titled Chaz Schilens: Oakland Raiders Have Their No. 81. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

When football fans think of the of the number 81, Terrell Owens and Randy Moss come to mind.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

RaiderFaith

Durham, NC

#1 Jul 15, 2010
I am torn on this article...Yes I want Schilens to do well. But to start comparing him already to Moss and Owens? I don't even like either of them. Moss is a Physically gifted d-bag and Owens has horible hands. Which brings me to another point. He is comparing Schilens hands to Owens? Like thats a good thing? Owens has been known throught out his career for dropped balls. yes he had some good seasons, but even still he has dropped a ton of balls.
Since Schilns hasn't been healthy why don't you wait until he has a couple good seasons in him beofre you start the comparisons. He needs to stay healthy first and then he needs to prove his hands and breakaway speed. Then comes the TD's then the comparisons can start.
ALZADOISGOD

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jul 15, 2010
When I think of the #81 , only one man comes to mind . Moss and Owens together aren`t what Tim Brown was, what he may give up in raw talent to them , he more than made up for it in attitude and pure class .Ever wonder what Browns numbers would have looked like if he had the QBs and schemes some of the other great WRs have had ? Schilens isn`t near what Brown was , but Brown had a slow start too , maybe in time he will be .
RaiderFaith

Durham, NC

#3 Jul 15, 2010
Agreed on Brown and the #81...but Still not ready to compare Schilens to him. I hope Schilens can stay healthy because I think he could be a good WR...Time will tell.
ALZADOISGOD wrote:
When I think of the #81 , only one man comes to mind . Moss and Owens together aren`t what Tim Brown was, what he may give up in raw talent to them , he more than made up for it in attitude and pure class .Ever wonder what Browns numbers would have looked like if he had the QBs and schemes some of the other great WRs have had ? Schilens isn`t near what Brown was , but Brown had a slow start too , maybe in time he will be .

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#4 Jul 15, 2010
i remember the mixed reactions when t brown went to the buccs to end his career and scored a td and the booing started along with the cheers from RAIDER fans. you can understand the boo's but all in all you knew he was honestly just trying to finish his career td catches. he is still a RAIDER and has been for the most part. he was the kind that would not hang out with the club outside the org. i really hope that schillens or dhbey get there some day to the likes of a tim brown. i know there is controversy on dhbey's catching but i hope that all changes game time this year.
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#5 Jul 15, 2010
ALZADOISGOD wrote:
That is why I think Tim Brown should've been selected to the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility...Granted Jerry Rice deserves to be in and I expected him to get in his first year of eligibility, but Tim Brown could've easily had the career of Jerry Rice if he had HOF QBs throwing to him. Rice had 2 different ones for most of his career; Brown never had a single one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JaMarcus Russell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Raiders May Be Back (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News NFL notebook: Bengals, 'Pacman' agree on contra... (May '10) Jan '15 Same Story 10
News Darren McFadden brings Oakland Raiders ground g... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 2
News Pick 6: Biggest QB busts of the last 10 years (May '14) May '14 TexasRaider 5
News Former Chiefs Quarterback Matt Cassel to be an ... (Feb '14) Apr '14 Reggie McWTF 6
News The 5 Biggest NFL Draft Blunders in Oakland Rai... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Reggie McWTF 6
News How bad are things for Raiders? Even cheerleade... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Laughing bear Fan 3
More from around the web