CBA status, injuries could complicate Oakland Raiders Darrius Heyward-Bey negotiations

Jun 18, 2009 | Posted by: RaiderFanin209 | Full story: www.examiner.com

With the effects of JaMarcus Russell's prolonged holdout prior to the 2007 season still lingering over the team, the looming negotiations between Darrius Heyward-bey and the Oakland Raiders franchise will be the story of the next month.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2010

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Jun 19, 2009
I would hate to see football season shortened by a lock out. I really think that they should be paid based on performance. Everybody should have a base salary that they start out with and it should go up a little every year. Then at the end of the season earn a bonus for Yardage, TDs, INTs,Sacks and Assignment Grading.

Since: May 09

Fuquay Varina, NC

#2 Jun 19, 2009
if they did it that way we would have even more of a problem with steroids...people would do all they can to buck the system...but I think something needs to be done....these lock outs aren't good for anyone but attorneys.
TexasRaider wrote:
I would hate to see football season shortened by a lock out. I really think that they should be paid based on performance. Everybody should have a base salary that they start out with and it should go up a little every year. Then at the end of the season earn a bonus for Yardage, TDs, INTs,Sacks and Assignment Grading.
Achmed

UK

#3 Jun 20, 2009
SILENCE!!!!!!!!!!I keel you!!!!!!!!!

Texas Raider is JacksonBrownGirl 3481

RAIDER MISTERIO
Simi Valley, CA.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Toronto, Canada.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Bolingbroke, GA.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Denver, CO.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Broomfield, CO.

RAIDER MISTERIO
AOL

Bleacher Report
RAIDER MISTERIO MISTERIO
Joey Lucania (Contributor)

Michael Miller 2 months ago
Did you just change your profile name?

Since: Nov 10

Arlington, VA

#4 Nov 20, 2010
I'm here on behalf of the NFL Players Association and I noticed you have been talking quite a bit about the labor negotiations, so I wanted to give you a chance to have your voice be heard. You can do that by signing this petition ( http://www.nfllockout.com/ )- it will take you less than a minute. We're hoping to get enough signatures that we can then send this letter ( http://www.nfllockout.com/2010/10/11/petition... ) to the owners showing how important it is that something be worked out. Thanks, guys!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#5 Nov 20, 2010
I signed it

Since: Nov 10

Arlington, VA

#6 Nov 23, 2010
Thanks for signing the petition, TexasRaider!

A little FYI to everyone else here: We are less than 100 days away from the CBA's expiration and the owners locking us all out. If you ever want to check up on how close we are to March, there's a countdown clock on www.nfllockout.com .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JaMarcus Russell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pick 6: Biggest QB busts of the last 10 years May '14 TexasRaider 5
Former Chiefs Quarterback Matt Cassel to be an ... (Feb '14) Apr '14 Reggie McWTF 6
The 5 Biggest NFL Draft Blunders in Oakland Rai... Mar '14 Reggie McWTF 6
How bad are things for Raiders? Even cheerleade... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Laughing bear Fan 3
5 Potential First-Round Scenarios for the Oakla... (Feb '14) Feb '14 King Ahzi 2
Terrelle Pryor reaches JaMarcus Russell level l... (Nov '13) Nov '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 15
Bill Simmons writes off Raiders in 2013 Preseas... (Sep '13) Sep '13 RaiderFaith 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

JaMarcus Russell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••