5 Chicago Bears who better watch draft

When general manage Jerry Angelo says he thinks the Bears can find three starters in this weekend's NFL draft, he doesn't expect those players to start Sept. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
da coach

United States

#1 Apr 22, 2009
we better get a wr and some saftey help
Dominic

Arcadia, CA

#2 Apr 22, 2009
Brandon Rideau is the only one he makes the 53 man roster for the 09 Bears.

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#3 Apr 22, 2009
I bet Dusty is outta here! Too bad, when the guy was on the field playing he had intensity.

WR, please! p.s. what the hell, bring Mike Brown back on the cheap!
Greg

Benton, KY

#4 Apr 22, 2009
Defense, In Chicago, what else? We have a improvement on offense. So go Defense!
Campbell checking air

King Of Prussia, PA

#5 Apr 22, 2009
Dusty Dvoracek should be kept. He's a stud and a good guy.
VTA09

United States

#6 Apr 22, 2009
Whenever Dusty's name comes up in a conversation, it reminds me of the Packers game at Lambeau this past season when he was on the line and being pushed backward on a run play for a TD and for about at least 5 YARDS!!!
Haugh, what are you talking about!!?
Steve

Plymouth, IN

#7 Apr 22, 2009
Cut Dusty now.
George Watson

Evanston, IL

#8 Apr 22, 2009
Otis wrote:
I bet Dusty is outta here! Too bad, when the guy was on the field playing he had intensity.
WR, please! p.s. what the hell, bring Mike Brown back on the cheap!
Mike Brown is made of china and breaks easily. Got the attitude, the skills, but not the body. Got to have the trifecta.
South Florida Fan

AOL

#9 Apr 22, 2009
I agree that Brandon Riddeau is by far the most talenteds WR the Bears have right now. Why haven't they given him any opportunity to play. He blew away the competition in preseason and even with the other WRs injured, he received no play time.
steve evansville in

Evansville, IN

#10 Apr 22, 2009
can you please get samardzja to play wr for the bears he is the best wr in chi town..david u got some pull in that town can u call him
steve evansville in

Evansville, IN

#11 Apr 22, 2009
riddeau may be the poor mans b marshall..so i do hope he gets a shot
SDS

West Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 22, 2009
They are $21 million under the cap and with that WR group, they haven't signed one FA...

Even if they take someone at #49 they should have signed someone! That group could drive anyone to... Oh, never mind.

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#13 Apr 22, 2009
George Watson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Brown is made of china and breaks easily. Got the attitude, the skills, but not the body. Got to have the trifecta.
Man, I hear ya, but he got through last season without an injury as I recall! He put some REALLY evil hits in too!

Here's his stats:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players...

And, he brings a sense of maturity & leadership to the team that is really hard to find!! With all of the coaching changes being made, I think he'd be incredibly valuable in getting teammates to do the right things!

Zack Bowman should be fun to watch too!! Fuggit, GO BEARS!!!
Creighton

Evanston, IL

#14 Apr 22, 2009
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, I hear ya, but he got through last season without an injury as I recall! He put some REALLY evil hits in too!
Here's his stats:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players...
And, he brings a sense of maturity & leadership to the team that is really hard to find!! With all of the coaching changes being made, I think he'd be incredibly valuable in getting teammates to do the right things!
Zack Bowman should be fun to watch too!! Fuggit, GO BEARS!!!
Bowman has a lot of talent but gets banged up way to easy. He has had 3 season ending injuries in three years, 2 in college and 1 with the Bears, thats not a good thing. Brwon missed a game with an injury, problem is he is a SS not a FS, he gets killed in coverage these days thats why they are not bringing him back. We have Payne at SS and in fact everyone but Bullocks is really a SS.

If Bullocks and Payne are the Safety duo this year the Bears secondary will get lit up, niether one can cover, you saw it last year with Payne and Brown. The middle of the field was very soft.
BP Zion IL

North Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 23, 2009
""Man, I hear ya, but he got through last season without an injury as I recall!""
Not really...
Mike brown missed the second half of (3) games in 2008 and was placed on IR before the Texan season finale with a recuring calf injury that plagued him since the 2005 season.
Mike Brown was a warrior but his time has past. You can't bring back a player that will eat up a roster spot that has been unable to finish a season since 2004.
Ditto for Dusty. This guy should be on notice. He is injury prone, has no push up front and is a complete liability on passing downs... ie.. he sucks and should be shown the door.
Another player Haugh can add to the list is Nathen Vasher. If he performs in pre-season the way he did early in 2007 and 2008 before injury then he should be dumped as well.
Does Rasheed Davis have any value left after such a dismal season last year ??
Why does Lovie keep trotting out Roberto Garza. I know he is a veteran, adequate OG but he gets blown up way to much for my liking. I'd rather see what Buenning has to offer. Hopefully they can have a fair competition in camp for the RG job!!
Olin will be playing his last season as a Bear !!
Shouldn't the Bears seriously consider moving Urlacher to the outside to take full advantage of his speed/coverage skills ??
Go Bears !!
Callaway

Springfield, IL

#16 Apr 23, 2009
They had better not look at Pace as being a full season player anymore he spends an inordinate amount of time on IR so O-line should not be forgotten in this draft. Quick fixes on paper in April don't translate to solutions in December this guy isn't the perennial All -Pro anymore at this stage of his career..
NumberNine

Bradenton, FL

#17 Apr 23, 2009
Pace is a "quick fix". I'd term Cutler a "permanent fix". Thank goodness our QB position is now fixed!

Kyle Orton - ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha
Homer

Wheeling, IL

#18 Apr 23, 2009
Can we find somebody to push Urlacher?
Greg

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 23, 2009
Homer wrote:
Can we find somebody to push Urlacher?
Push him to Hillenmeyer/Roach's position.
LB not Deep

Glen Ellyn, IL

#20 Apr 23, 2009
If the LB class was so deep where are they? All of them are about 5'11 to 6'0. Then very light to boot. then follow up with being Sloooooooow.

Also, being that short makes them a liability for the SLB position that is seeing larger and larger, then faster and faster, TE's coming in the league. This is a key focus of the offense to create mis-matches all the time. We do it with Greg Olson.

So I say think outside the box and take Rnd 3 35 99. OLB/TE Chicago (compensatory selection) Shawn Nelson, Southern Miss Height: 6-5. Weight: 240. Combine 40 Time: 4.56. Benchx225: 19. Vertical: 33. Yes I know he is a TE, but have him play OLB and pass coverage will be his strength knowing what the offense does. Hunter is done and we need LBs badly where no options are there at this level of height and speed.

As a TE he will just be a decent player. As a SLB that size will make him into a great coverage player. Think about it, with the new Bear's Offense this SLB position will be key as we will have the other team in 3rd and long or on a 70-85 yard drive as they play catch-up. If the other team is allowed to get easy 3-4yard gains getting 1st down is that much easier to keep a drive alive.

This guy is at a small school and out of position. If you put him in his right position then he will be great!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamar Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Bears' defense looks good on film, coul... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Coach Hawkins 1
Chicago Bears nixing Plaxico Burress no surpris... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Favre 55
With mini-camp completed, Chicago Bears switchi... (Mar '09) Mar '09 USMC Bears Fan 55
Bears should offer Brian Urlacher for Cardinals... (Feb '09) Mar '09 a GIANT forever 250
Babich finally gets aggressive-in postgame lock... (Nov '08) Dec '08 Al Weis 64
Bears' Charles Tillman, Mike Brown healthy enou... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Just Win Baby 1
Are Bears tuning Smith out? (Sep '08) Dec '08 Nightfaucon 124
More from around the web