MSU looks to silence skeptics

Aug 14, 2007 Full story: The South Mississippi Sun Herald

“If you ask me whether I'm worried about getting fired, no”

Mississippi State quarterback Michael Henig knows the skeptics are out there. The Bulldogs have gone 2-14 in SEC play over the last two seasons. And they're going to open the season in a nationally-televised game against second-ranked LSU in Starkville.

The Tigers toyed with State last year in Baton Rouge, winning 48-17. Henig did not play in that game because of a broken left collarbone. But he's anxious to see what the Bulldogs can do against LSU in 2A1 2 weeks.

'I would not want to play them any game but the first,' Henig said last month at SEC Media Days. 'This is a huge year for us. It is Coach (Sylvester) Croom's fourth year, and just about every guy on the team was recruited by Coach Croom. I think we have been peeking around that corner, and this is the year we turn that corner.' Read more

Full Story
LButts

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Aug 14, 2007
Croom is THE MAN. He is building a solid program with quality student-athletes. Let's keep him forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamar Chaney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eagles vs. Seahawks: 5 Things We Learned from P... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Eagles' resurgence begins in trenches (Nov '11) Nov '11 Angry-Bird 1
Could the Philadelphia Eagles Allow Free Agent ... (May '11) May '11 Casey Matthews 1
Jamon Hughes suspended (Mar '08) Mar '08 dee aka ray lewis 1
Way to rally back for the win (Nov '07) Nov '07 Diamonds40 1
Egg Bowl post game notes & quotes (Nov '07) Nov '07 Diamonds40 1
More from around the web