Tampa Bay releases QB Gradkowski -- S...

Tampa Bay releases QB Gradkowski -- Sports, Jon Gruden, Nationa...

There are 5 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 30, 2008, titled Tampa Bay releases QB Gradkowski -- Sports, Jon Gruden, Nationa.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Scratch one quarterback from the Buccaneers ' roster, though his name isn't Simms or Plummer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

AlumKnight

Cocoa, FL

#2 May 30, 2008
Is this going to hurt Gruden's master plan of having an all QB backfield?
OGRE

West Monroe, LA

#3 May 30, 2008
Buh-bye, Bucco Bruce.
TB Fan

Lehigh Acres, FL

#4 Jun 1, 2008
Are you just saying that Chris Simms has asked to be releasde or traded or are you just assuming. Don't lead us Buc' fans to think Simms will not return because it will come back to bite you. Simms is not going any where, in fact Garcia will be next to go. So instead of sitting around your desk doing nothing, go out and find out from the horses mouth that Simms does not want to be in Tampa this up coming season. The only way Tampa gets rid of Simms is if he's not healthy and at that point he will no longer play in the NFL. Other wise Simms is the best QB on this team and Tampa should do everything to get him back at the helm of this team.
Mikebloms

Casselberry, FL

#5 Jun 1, 2008
TB Fan wrote:
Are you just saying that Chris Simms has asked to be releasde or traded or are you just assuming. Don't lead us Buc' fans to think Simms will not return because it will come back to bite you. Simms is not going any where, in fact Garcia will be next to go. So instead of sitting around your desk doing nothing, go out and find out from the horses mouth that Simms does not want to be in Tampa this up coming season. The only way Tampa gets rid of Simms is if he's not healthy and at that point he will no longer play in the NFL. Other wise Simms is the best QB on this team and Tampa should do everything to get him back at the helm of this team.
WHAAAAT?????? Simms is the Best QB on this team????? What are you smoking cause I need some of that SHHH..... Simms had a good run that one year what was that like 3 yrs ago when we won the NFC south and lost to the lowley Redskins that had less then 100 yrds of offence and still won the wild card game...... Then he came out playing the worst football ive ever seen losing to the Raven and Falcons the following season throwing 6 pics in 2 games.... Garcia threw 3 picks last year in 14 games come on now.... Simms is done as a Buc if anyone is the future its the young kid Josh Johnson..... I see us bring 4 QBs to the 08 roster Garcia, Griese, McCown, and Johnson.... Hopefully instead of Cutting Simms we can get some draft picks or somehting....
Bob Loblaw

Orlando, FL

#6 Jun 2, 2008
TB Fan wrote:
Simms has a great arm, but at his best he wasnt that great. I think Garcia has maybe one good year left in him, so we need someone who will be ready to take the reins. I dont mean Griese either, dont know why they traded for him again. McCown has shown promise, and that rookie we drafted has alot of talent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jake Plummer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jake Plummer makes me really sick ... sometimes (Apr '07) Sep '08 Norv Turner 6
News Bucs still pursuing Plummer (Apr '08) Jul '08 the jay cutler guy 2
News Time for Jon Gruden to do right by Chris Simms (May '08) Jun '08 wdf 15
News Tampa Bay's QB Situation A Bit Clearer...Kind Of (Jun '08) Jun '08 Blacky 1
News Broncos sign new backup QB, release Courtney Brown (Mar '07) May '08 shanny s got to go 5
News Toronto Argonauts sign former Pro Bowl receiver... (Apr '08) Apr '08 jldboardman 1
News Griese returning to Tampa Bay (Mar '08) Mar '08 nick budowski 1
More from around the web