Sproles lifts Chargers to 'wild' OT win over Colts

Jan 4, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sentinel Plus

Peyton Manning has his MVP award and nothing more, outdone again in January by the San Diego Chargers.

Comments
1 - 20 of 37 Comments Last updated Jan 17, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Not the result I expected , but the Chargers better hope LT is ok .

Go Dolphins !!

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

The league MVP couldn't get a first down when needed the most. But as usual, the Colts D was the culprit. I'm so sick of hearing about dynamo Bob Sanders, how many points do the Colts give up on average in playoff games? Imagine winning 12 games and losing to a .500 team?

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Peyton should know he cant dribble,I mean everyone knows you cant pick the ball up an walk with it.
ChargersSuckRive rsSwalows

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Gomer wrote:
The league MVP couldn't get a first down when needed the most. But as usual, the Colts D was the culprit. I'm so sick of hearing about dynamo Bob Sanders, how many points do the Colts give up on average in playoff games? Imagine winning 12 games and losing to a .500 team?
The only reason the Colts lost to that .500 team is because their little prick punter got lucky. As A Colts fan, I feel good knowing the Chargers never have and never will win a super bowl. And as A colt s fan I will be looking forward to watching the Chargers get smashed next weekend by a team the Colts could have beaten.

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Gotta luv the excuses...LOL

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Bummer.

“ Seal Of Democrat Party”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

ha ha ha! I am so glad the Colts lost. I have free tissues for all you crybabies. Suck it up, guys
Unplug The Bolts

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Offbeat wrote:
ha ha ha! I am so glad the Colts lost. I have free tissues for all you crybabies. Suck it up, guys
Just don't forget who does and doesn't have the super bowl rings in the NFL.

And how much did the Chargers get beat by in their last and only super bowl appearance?????????

Wasn't like 23 points??????????

And wasn't that like the third biggest blowout in super bowl history??????????

I'm going to en

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Offbeat wrote:
Yeah everyone loves to hate on the succesful programs..ie Yankees,Cowboys,etc..

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

True, the Chargers will get whipped next game, especially on the road..
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

triple6vamp wrote:
Gotta luv the excuses...LOL
ahahahahahaha. very true- pathetic...
Unplug The Bolts

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

scsuperchargers wrote:
<quoted text>
ahahahahahaha. very true- pathetic...
But you gotta love more the fact that the Colts have won a super bowl since they've been in Indy and the Chargers still haven't won anything since they've been in San Diego even more.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Unplug The Bolts wrote:
<quoted text>
But you gotta love more the fact that the Colts have won a super bowl since they've been in Indy and the Chargers still haven't won anything since they've been in San Diego even more.
not true: SD chargers = afl champs in '63 (before any SB's).

do not forget that the colts were in the EXACT same circumstances prior to 2006... so stop hating.
Unplug The Bolts

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

scsuperchargers wrote:
<quoted text>
not true: SD chargers = afl champs in '63 (before any SB's).
do not forget that the colts were in the EXACT same circumstances prior to 2006... so stop hating.
The ALF is non exsistant, because it was like a farm league just like the ABA there for it doesn't count for anything. And just for the record the Colts circumstances were much better prior to 2006. They still had their best pass rusher, were 12-4, won their division, and had the third playoff seat. As apposed to the Chargers who are 8-8, do not have their best pass rusher, only won their division because it is the second easiest division in the NFL (a close second at that), and they are the forth seat in the AFC playoff picture as apposed to the Colts who were the third seat.
Ed in Connecticut

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

The bottom line is the Colts got beaten by the Chargers, and they're going home once again. Manning is a joke, there are more deserving athletes in the NFL that should have recieved the MVP and have been more of an impact player in 2008. Also Manning has 3 MVP titles and only has 1 ring.
Unplug The Bolts

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Ed in Connecticut wrote:
The bottom line is the Colts got beaten by the Chargers, and they're going home once again. Manning is a joke, there are more deserving athletes in the NFL that should have recieved the MVP and have been more of an impact player in 2008. Also Manning has 3 MVP titles and only has 1 ring.
Well at least Peyton won a rings. And at least he didn't cheat to win his ring like the 18* and DONE without CHEATING Gay Team Patty Cakes did!!!!!!!!!!

And just for the record, right now I'd say that if the Patty Cakes lose Scott Pioli there going to be a much much bigger joke then Peyton since Kraft's idiot son could be expected to take over Pioli's spot as the Pats GM!!!!!!!!!!
CHARGERS ROCK

Bosler, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

ChargersSuckRiversSwalows wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason the Colts lost to that .500 team is because their little prick punter got lucky. As A Colts fan, I feel good knowing the Chargers never have and never will win a super bowl. And as A colt s fan I will be looking forward to watching the Chargers get smashed next weekend by a team the Colts could have beaten.
Lol. You are a loser. The Chargers have eliminated the Dolts twice consecutively now in the playoffs. You lose, Chargers win, you go home early as usual, Chargers keep playing. Get over it you little diaper-wearing baby. You DO watch next week, watch the Chargers play, while the Dolts are at home picking their noses, AGAIN. HA!
CHARGERS ROCK

Bosler, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Unplug The Bolts wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't forget who does and doesn't have the super bowl rings in the NFL.
And how much did the Chargers get beat by in their last and only super bowl appearance?????????
Wasn't like 23 points??????????
And wasn't that like the third biggest blowout in super bowl history??????????
I'm going to en
Oh my God, what a whiner. Dolts eliminated THIS year by the Chargers, Dolt's eliminated LAST year by the Chargers. The super bowl the Dolts won is ancient history - you're only as good as your last playoff win, and let's see, who's that been, both this year and last year? The Dolts? NOPE. The CHARGERS! HA!
CHARGERS ROCK

Bosler, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Gomer wrote:
True, the Chargers will get whipped next game, especially on the road..
Ha ha ha ha ha. That's what you experts said about THIS game. No chance, the Dolts will kill them, Peyton is the MVP! Now, I like Peyton Manning, but keep on making your genius predictions. The Chargers should have beaten the Steelers last time they played (this year), but choked the chicken at the end of the fourth quarter. No such mistake this time - they've hit their stride, they've found some consistency, and they're firing on all cylinders. Pittsburgh is toast. The only game I'm worrid about is Tennessee in the AFC title game. See you here next week and we can compare notes then!!!

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

CHARGERS ROCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha ha ha. That's what you experts said about THIS game. No chance, the Dolts will kill them, Peyton is the MVP! Now, I like Peyton Manning, but keep on making your genius predictions. The Chargers should have beaten the Steelers last time they played (this year), but choked the chicken at the end of the fourth quarter. No such mistake this time - they've hit their stride, they've found some consistency, and they're firing on all cylinders. Pittsburgh is toast. The only game I'm worrid about is Tennessee in the AFC title game. See you here next week and we can compare notes then!!!
I don't recall hearing from you when they were 4 and 8, you might want to lay off the eggnog before next game..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jacob Hester Discussions

Search the Jacob Hester Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Playoff upset: Ravens beat Manning and Broncos ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 thunderturd 10
The Peyton Manning Effect: QB has made all of t... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Black Deal 2
San Diego Chargers Weekly Poll Question: Who's ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 come on man 2
Rank the AFC West: Special Teams (Jun '11) Jun '11 TexasRaider 3
Los Angeles area gets go-ahead for stadium (Oct '09) Oct '09 scsuperchargers 1
Norv Turner Chats With BoltHype (Jun '09) Jun '09 Fresh 2
Chargers select Johnson in NFL Draft (May '09) May '09 Jamarcus 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••