Michael Vick would not fit with Chica...

Michael Vick would not fit with Chicago Bears

There are 191 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 28, 2009, titled Michael Vick would not fit with Chicago Bears. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Of all the times for the Bears to play Green Bay and its complicated 3-4 defense, the season opener at Lambeau Field represents the absolute worst for a team with a young, rebuilt offensive line.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
patrick

United States

#1 Mar 28, 2009
This is just random dribble, here's ten things that I want to write about. I thought you were supposed to connect things that u write about in journalism, not just list off random facts.
Chelle7822

Chicago, IL

#2 Mar 28, 2009
BS! we should take Michael Vick in a heart beat.
Half-Black BO

Bellingham, MA

#3 Mar 28, 2009
Only thing Michael Vick deserves is to pay his taxes, liquidate his assets, and pay off his posse, er, creditors.
Stephen

Houston, TX

#4 Mar 28, 2009
I think the absolute best time to play a 3-4 defense is in their first game as a 3-4. It is not that simple to go from 4-3 to 3-4 in one season, and they will definitely be making adjustments during the first game. That is the absolute best time to play them.
Stephen

Houston, TX

#5 Mar 28, 2009
Chelle7822 wrote:
BS! we should take Michael Vick in a heart beat.
As much as I don't like him as a QB, the guy just wins. His statistics are terrible, but the guy does win.

Having said that, how about we sign him as a WR.
Dennis

Atlanta, GA

#6 Mar 28, 2009
The bears are a distraction themselves. man. you're the same person that believed so highly of rex grossman. the bears always talk about looking for guys with a clean image and the last guy they felt that way about. left town claiming that chicago was the place where recievers go to die.
Bears Guru

United States

#7 Mar 28, 2009
Let's pick him up as a quarterback option package, well hve him come in every once and awhile, run some wildcat plays and such, then defenses hve to prep for two quarterbacks, plus well get to let him get back in game shape, and up and running to game speed. Without rushing it or to much pressure.
Jonny Hero

Bloomington, IL

#8 Mar 28, 2009
Thanks for mentioning the off-the-field work of Harris, Ogunleye, and Idonije David. Your comment regarding the flow of positive vs. negative information through the media is on the dot. While there is, as there probably should be, a responsibility to air dirty laundry, I'm sure no one was twisting your arm to give a shout to some voluntary good will.
The Realist

Evanston, IL

#9 Mar 28, 2009
Vick wasn't even that good of a quarterback.

Plus, the NFL hasn't handed down their decision on a suspension.

Also, Tank Johnson. Cedric Benson.

Let the Oaklands and Cincinnatis and Jacksonvilles deal with this. Bears don't need this unpolished, as David correctly states, "headache."
I do not understand

Atlanta, GA

#10 Mar 28, 2009
Why r they so hard on Michael Vick but what some of these other players did was fine...It was a dog for petes sake..
No Vick

Chicago, IL

#14 Mar 28, 2009
If Vick plays for the Bears, I would become a Packers fan. And, I hate the packers.

Since: Aug 07

Evanston

#15 Mar 28, 2009
Vick was overrated as a QB. The man set a new standard for a rushing QB, but his overall game wasn't that great.

I would rather stick with Orton than bring in Vick.
GET VICK

Vernon Hills, IL

#16 Mar 28, 2009
I agree with the writer who said BS BIG BS

Michael Vick is the best and an exciting player to watch win or loose ...
I say get him fast ... we have a chance and Orton is a bAcKUP AT BEST,
PLease get Michael ...
Forget about Vick

Mantua, NJ

#17 Mar 28, 2009
I've been a Bears fan my entire life, but if the Bears bring Michael Vick to the team, those days are over until he and Lovie are gone.
ultra19

Spring Valley, CA

#18 Mar 28, 2009
Cheap-shot wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like true southern trash.
Why trash the guy because he did wrong and paid for it. You don't care what happens to the animals you eat.You wouldn't make it as a Peta member yourself. Get over it and become a vegetarian if you think torturing animals is unforgivable. Try picketing Tyson.
BKO

Chicago, IL

#19 Mar 28, 2009
The day Michael Vick wears a Bears uniform is the day I root against the Bears until the nightmare passes. No, no, no. Doesn't belong on any team, to say nothing of how much he doesn't belong in this city.
Steve

Chicago, IL

#20 Mar 28, 2009
You're an idiot. We all know Vick is better than the quarterbacks we have today. Who cares what he did with dogs. That has nothing to do with winning football games. Vick has a lot of good years ahead of him at quarterback, plus he'll serve as a great second running back under pressure. Try having our current QB's even run out of the pocket (sigh).

With our crappy offensive line I think we need someone quick and experienced as Vick.
jfr

Virginia Beach, VA

#21 Mar 28, 2009
vick doesn't fit with any team. Slime, imho.
Honest Abe

Lake Zurich, IL

#22 Mar 28, 2009
His sickness is not something that can be cured because of counseling or whatever. I am certain that his remorse is due to his legal troubles.

You do not need to be a MD to understand sociopathological behavior.

In this case, "paying for his crime" is similar to a pedophile paying for his crime...it does not do away with the source of the problem.
Honest Abe

Lake Zurich, IL

#23 Mar 28, 2009
I do not understand wrote:
Why r they so hard on Michael Vick but what some of these other players did was fine...It was a dog for petes sake..
"Dogs". Read a book about people who can kill anything in such a manner. In many cases they work their way up to people. Perhaps he would be better on defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Idonije Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bears player Idonije headed to Geneva Ba... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jason Prometheus 2
News Chicago Bears' Defense Has Top 10 Potential Onc... (May '14) May '14 Rosemarie Fiore R... 1
News Lions' Suh growing up, and he's better than ever (Sep '13) Sep '13 BillInKeyWest 1
News Without Nick Fairley, Detroit Lions' Defensive ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 alvan buck 1
News Countdown To Kickoff71 Days Until Chicago Bears... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Bears give Marquess Wilson a second chance in d... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Vulcans Rath 3
News Bear Bites: Is Idonije Tennessee-Bound? (Apr '13) Apr '13 Wallace hunter 1
More from around the web