Bears future cloudy for injury-prone ...

Bears future cloudy for injury-prone Dusty Dvoracek

There are 23 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 1, 2008, titled Bears future cloudy for injury-prone Dusty Dvoracek. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

As Dusty Dvoracek's third straight season as a Bear ended on the injured reserve list Monday, one had to wonder how much of a lock he will be to make the roster for a possible fourth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Big Cat

Eustis, FL

#1 Dec 1, 2008
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that after a mental error by a teammate, the defense isn't allowed to, oh I dunno, PLAY DEFENSE any more. Tillman may have made two big mental errors over the course of this season, but he's one of the last players to be pointing fingers at if you're looking for scapegoats.

If you think Tillman alone is responsible for the two losses, you must think it's Steve Bartman's fault the Cubs haven't won a World Series since 1908.
billy perry

AOL

#2 Dec 2, 2008
i might be close to 500 lbs, but i can still play defensive tackle, better than that fraud, thomas muffin harris, what a joke, he is stealing the mccaskey money, big time.
Expat Observer

London, UK

#3 Dec 2, 2008
Don't blame the corners as if it is all their fault. If the defensive line could actually put pressure on the QB or stop run without having 8 men in the box, then my guess is that the coners would be just fine. Add to that a joke of a defensive coordinator and that's where the Bears problems lie. Ty Law on the Bears would look like an over the hill d-back on this team.
paul edinger

AOL

#4 Dec 2, 2008
any chance i can get a free agent kicking tryout?
MR KENNEDY

Rensselaer, IN

#5 Dec 2, 2008
Why lock these players up in long term contracts? You do not have to look long to see what that has brought the bears. Vasher,Tillman,Harris,Urlacher , and where is this defense ranked?
Da Bearss

United States

#6 Dec 2, 2008
Of course Dusty will be back. His injuries have lowered his value, and nobody loves a bargain like the Bears.
Red Rocket

United States

#7 Dec 2, 2008
I agree that Dusty should be on his way out...too many injuries means we have less real players on the roster because those type of players sit out half of a year, every year. Idonije has been one of the best overall players on the Bears for the last 2 seasons, playing great at D-Tackle, and doing amazing things on special teams and the field goal unit. He is due for some more serious consideration on D.

I don't see why everyone here is bashing Tommie Harris, with his 3 sacks in the last two games, and once again becoming dominant versus the O-lines the Bears have been playing. I also don't understand why the Bears' corners would be an issue. Tillman makes very few mistakes, and honestly, he's been their best defender now for three seasons when you look at all the turnovers he has forced and all the jobs he has done stopping opponents'#1 WR's. Vasher is pretty terrible, though, and the Bears should consider trading him for a WR or some other skill position and boosting Corey Graham up to the starter at #2 corner.
Publius

United States

#8 Dec 2, 2008
I think the Bears should fire the entire coaching staff. The Bears never appear to be ready for a big game. I wonder if Bill Cower would be willing to coach the Bears for the league minimum??
Mark

Chicago, IL

#9 Dec 2, 2008
I see Haugh continues to have a massive hard-on for the extremely mediocre Thomas Jones.
quills

Glendale Heights, IL

#10 Dec 2, 2008
Can't stay healthy and play a full season then don't derserve to be on the team. Some guys are injury prone and he is that. Has received full pay for 3 years and hasn't played in a third of the games. Pretty good gig if you can get it. Typical of OU players see Harris he can't stay healthy either. Defensive line is easiest place to stay healthy and rest of guys are playing whole seasons. Goodby Dusty .
Florida Jim

Longwood, FL

#11 Dec 2, 2008
"coach Lovie Smith spoke optimistically about the defensive tackle being a big part of the future in Chicago", what nonsense Dusty has been a busty!
Lovie is far too easy on his players who make big money, play in a great city for a great franchise and perform so poorly. How can an entire coaching staff be so inept? Which of them deserves to be rehired? How would Ditka have handled these players and coaches? If this were our money would we be willing to sign these clowns?
These players must be embarrassed to show their faces anywhere, or they would if they had some pride.
Commodore Perry

Chicago, IL

#12 Dec 2, 2008
I would like an egg white omelette with goat cheese and peppers please.
koachditker

Bloomingdale, IL

#13 Dec 2, 2008
Mark wrote:
I see Haugh continues to have a massive hard-on for the extremely mediocre Thomas Jones.
Amen.
sweet34

Pleasanton, CA

#14 Dec 2, 2008
yep, the bears slide began when they let TJ go, in favor of everyone's goat, Ced Benson. From there team desention started. TJ was what we needed. Could have gone for a W/O instead of Forte (but glad we have Forte)... might have been able to work a deal for Forte after we drafted a W/O.

BOTTOM LINE: in every aspect of management and coaching, Bears are in the minor league. We just got to get used to this, it is doubtful the bears will recover from ANgelos' bad drafting for years to come. WHat we need now is a coach to get the platyers to play with some emotion. Lovie is not the man to do it. Period. HE is lost out there, way over his head. Can adjust and knows only the cover 2. Thats all he knows.
sweet34

Pleasanton, CA

#15 Dec 2, 2008
Mark wrote:
So, 4th in the league is mediocre?

maybe your brain out to get a hard on.
E B F

United States

#16 Dec 2, 2008
Another one bites the dust. Sorry, Dusty. N F L stands for Nasty Fractured Ligaments, my friend. Good luck.
As for us, dear fans, once again we are forced to watch bad football while praying for a miracle playoff run, which, if obtained, will most likely end with a monumental as*-reaming on the road.
Just call me Mr. Optimistic.
Still, all that being said, when the spark's still flickering, all it takes is a breeze to bring it to a blazing inferno.
Run Forte! RUN!

Since: Jul 08

Windsor, Ontario

#17 Dec 2, 2008
"Crystal" Dvorcek will get the same treatment Mike brown got - he'll have a job on the D-line next year.
That is, unless the Bears unload Lovie and his Stooges. A real coaching staff would probably have a competition or something, right?
sweet34

Pleasanton, CA

#18 Dec 2, 2008
Billyard wrote:
"Crystal" Dvorcek will get the same treatment Mike brown got - he'll have a job on the D-line next year.
That is, unless the Bears unload Lovie and his Stooges. A real coaching staff would probably have a competition or something, right?
yeah, and maybe practice too.
Creighton

Evanston, IL

#19 Dec 2, 2008
Red Rocket wrote:
I agree that Dusty should be on his way out...too many injuries means we have less real players on the roster because those type of players sit out half of a year, every year. Idonije has been one of the best overall players on the Bears for the last 2 seasons, playing great at D-Tackle, and doing amazing things on special teams and the field goal unit. He is due for some more serious consideration on D.
I don't see why everyone here is bashing Tommie Harris, with his 3 sacks in the last two games, and once again becoming dominant versus the O-lines the Bears have been playing. I also don't understand why the Bears' corners would be an issue. Tillman makes very few mistakes, and honestly, he's been their best defender now for three seasons when you look at all the turnovers he has forced and all the jobs he has done stopping opponents'#1 WR's. Vasher is pretty terrible, though, and the Bears should consider trading him for a WR or some other skill position and boosting Corey Graham up to the starter at #2 corner.
What are you on? Dominant, Harris played well against the Rams. He had 1 one good game play against the Vikes in which he came free. Teams are not even doubling this guy anymore. Played well in two games? This was the 12th game of the season and he vanished after a sack. The Vikes ran for over 180 yards he's a DT how is that dominant? He got his ass kicked almost the whole game.
Patrick

Prior Lake, MN

#20 Dec 2, 2008
Why? DO we as fans who spend our hard earned $$$ on jerseys, coats, hats, gloves, tickets,$7 luke warm beers. Why do we keep getting inconsistent Bears Teams...The Pack has had well over a DECADE of good football...and we get a year here and there and most of the time when its good we are getting lucky...Why should we put up with this shoddy product the McCaskey's are peddling..We need to let them hear our voices!!!!!!! Go to the website and let them know how bad this really is for us fans!!!!!!1.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Idonije Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bears player Idonije headed to Geneva Ba... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jason Prometheus 2
News Chicago Bears' Defense Has Top 10 Potential Onc... (May '14) May '14 Rosemarie Fiore R... 1
News Lions' Suh growing up, and he's better than ever (Sep '13) Sep '13 BillInKeyWest 1
News Without Nick Fairley, Detroit Lions' Defensive ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 alvan buck 1
News Countdown To Kickoff71 Days Until Chicago Bears... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Bears give Marquess Wilson a second chance in d... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Vulcans Rath 3
News Bear Bites: Is Idonije Tennessee-Bound? (Apr '13) Apr '13 Wallace hunter 1
More from around the web