Bears busy with roster additions

There are 16 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 29, 2009, titled Bears busy with roster additions. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

On an active Friday, the Bears added a potential starter, retained a key reserve and signed seven of their nine 2009 draft picks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ty welke

Poway, CA

#21 May 30, 2009
If the agent for II and AO also signs to represent PT, he should enter the national spelling bee. All three names are a "mouthful". I pity the Bear announcers even more!
ty welke

Poway, CA

#22 May 30, 2009
1Thai wrote:
Ill take it! Izzy is Solid and Pisa is instinctually great...**** I wonder if instincually is even a Word! I would like Burress if available?! He's a Proven Playmaker, but if we don't pick up anyone, Fine! Cutler will pick teams apart, if not Forte WILL, pick your poison opposing D's!!! Hahahahaaaaa
Da Bears!
not sure either, but instinctively works.
brett

Chicago, IL

#23 May 30, 2009
Amen.....you wrote what I've been saying.
Lovie is a good coach.
BearsFanForLife wrote:
I get so sick of people harping on Lovie,just because he doesnt flip out on the sidelines when things go wrong?? These same people are roadies of the media and thrive on controversy. Players have come out & said that Lovie does get on the team in the locker room. Lovie is respected by players because he respects them. He doesnt tear down the players in public,he keeps it in house,like a good coach should do. I would rather have a coach who is in control and doesnt make decisions based on anger! Mike Ditka type coaching doesnt work anymore in todays NFL. A coach like that will lose his players and the team nowadays. Mike Singletary was asked if he will coach like he played. He said NO,it doesnt work in todays NFL with the players nowadays. Lovie also has the most wins behind only the Giants in the last 4 years,even without star talent on the team. The guy has won 2 division titles and a Superbowl appearance as well. Lovie has never had a roster of stars which makes it even more impressive. The players in the NFL rank Lovie as one of the top coaches players would like to play for. This year Lovie actually has some talent,so lets see what he does this year! This year Lovie will have us on top again,So let go of your hate & anger and Relax!! Take care fellow Bear fans. BEAR DOWN! GO BEARS,2009 DIVISION CHAMPIONS!!
Rick

Canyon Country, CA

#24 May 30, 2009
Great pick up. Definitely an upgrade at that spot with someone who already knows the defense. Can't wait till they start training camp. They are really making some good moves this offseason. I have a feeling these WR's will work out fine even if they don't pick up a veteran. Any word on Justin McCairens?
BearsForever

United States

#25 May 30, 2009
BearsFanForLife wrote:
I get so sick of people harping on Lovie,just because he doesnt flip out on the sidelines when things go wrong?? These same people are roadies of the media and thrive on controversy. Players have come out & said that Lovie does get on the team in the locker room. Lovie is respected by players because he respects them. He doesnt tear down the players in public,he keeps it in house,like a good coach should do. I would rather have a coach who is in control and doesnt make decisions based on anger! Mike Ditka type coaching doesnt work anymore in todays NFL. A coach like that will lose his players and the team nowadays. Mike Singletary was asked if he will coach like he played. He said NO,it doesnt work in todays NFL with the players nowadays. Lovie also has the most wins behind only the Giants in the last 4 years,even without star talent on the team. The guy has won 2 division titles and a Superbowl appearance as well. Lovie has never had a roster of stars which makes it even more impressive. The players in the NFL rank Lovie as one of the top coaches players would like to play for. This year Lovie actually has some talent,so lets see what he does this year! This year Lovie will have us on top again,So let go of your hate & anger and Relax!! Take care fellow Bear fans. BEAR DOWN! GO BEARS,2009 DIVISION CHAMPIONS!!
Super great post bearfanforlife: I totally agree with you. It is amazing to hear some of these idiots rippin on lovie? Until this year,Angelo hasnt exactly been filling this Bears team with much talent. Lovie has done tremendous with what he has had to work with. He has also managed to garner as many wins as anyone except the giants the last 4 years in the NFC. like you said he also has 2 division championships,plus a superbowl appearance. Dont put unrealistic expectations on the guy,gheez. angelo sure is turning it loose this year. I am proud to have lovie coaching us. Go Bears,Lets Win it All!!
Paul

Oak Forest, IL

#26 May 30, 2009
DeAngelo wrote:
Why do people insist on obtaining a wr? QBs make wide receivers. I think Hester is going to have great year. Not mention Forte. If Forte dont the pro bowl this year I will be shocked. So think about it do we really need a Wr from another team? NO! Hester, Olsen, Forte, Clark....anyone else will be an addition. BEAR DOWN!!!!!
What Tv were you watching last year?This team must address the wideout position.
The Beras still do not have a Number 1 wideout. We should have traded for Denvers wide outs ALONG WITH cUTLER.
Orton is not the greatest of Qb's but I bet he will have much better numbers then Cutler. See Orton has guys who can catch the ball and Cutler does not.
Who is better then Brandon Marshall or Eddie Royal on the Bears? Denver has much better wide outs.
Bears fans will be complaining by the end of the year about the QB position.It's unfortunate because Cutler is a good QB but again he does not have a Number 1 wideout.
JasperBear

United States

#27 May 30, 2009
Great post bearsfanforlife,you about covered it,and appear to be a superfan! Go Lovie,your True Bear fans support you and are happy to have you coaching the Bears! You definitely fit in as the coach of our Bears team. Come on Bears this is the year,baby!... Go Bears...
dabearsfanforlif e

Vincennes, IN

#28 May 30, 2009
You guys are idiots to think the signing of Pisa was not needed Hunter Hillenmeyer is a joke and almost single handedly lost the super bowl for when he was burned several times by Clark, Wayne ,and Gonzalez so to say it wasen't a pressing need for us you just gota be lagally retarded.But I suggest we go out and get Plaxico or Marvin so all the attention isn't on Devin and it gives Jay more options then grooming a bunch of guys fresh outta the womb.
DOC

Lilburn, GA

#29 May 30, 2009
BearsFanForLife wrote:
I get so sick of people harping on Lovie,just because he doesnt flip out on the sidelines when things go wrong?? These same people are roadies of the media and thrive on controversy. Players have come out & said that Lovie does get on the team in the locker room. Lovie is respected by players because he respects them. He doesnt tear down the players in public,he keeps it in house,like a good coach should do. I would rather have a coach who is in control and doesnt make decisions based on anger! Mike Ditka type coaching doesnt work anymore in todays NFL. A coach like that will lose his players and the team nowadays. Mike Singletary was asked if he will coach like he played. He said NO,it doesnt work in todays NFL with the players nowadays. Lovie also has the most wins behind only the Giants in the last 4 years,even without star talent on the team. The guy has won 2 division titles and a Superbowl appearance as well. Lovie has never had a roster of stars which makes it even more impressive. The players in the NFL rank Lovie as one of the top coaches players would like to play for. This year Lovie actually has some talent,so lets see what he does this year! This year Lovie will have us on top again,So let go of your hate & anger and Relax!! Take care fellow Bear fans. BEAR DOWN! GO BEARS,2009 DIVISION CHAMPIONS!!
Great post ... I see alot of people dog the cover 2 defense, but if you look at the stats, the bears dont play cover 2 all the time. Cover 2 is used to negate the big plays down field. It works when you have a team needing to pick up big yardage and when you have a good pass rush. I think last year, defensive calls were an issue. The cover 2 being used when it shouldnt have and no pass rush. I hope the staff has grown and do not blow games like they did last year. Also I must give JA props because he has worked hard. Let's get a WR and FS in here and I will give JA an A for moves this year!
Paul

Oak Forest, IL

#30 May 30, 2009
The Bears should have signed Joey Porter 2 years ago. Pisa is ok. Let's not get crazy because we signed a guy from one of the worst teams in the NFL.
DOC

Lilburn, GA

#31 May 30, 2009
Some one also wrote that Pisa was another Rams/ ex Lovie reject. This guy can play and lead the rams with tackles last year. Adding him to the defense is a major upgrade and will rank the bears linebacking trio to one of the best if they perform. Let's get that WR and FS! I am sure they will be some roster moves coming up in the next few weeks. I am excited!
WI Bear

Siren, WI

#32 May 30, 2009
dabearsfanforlife wrote:
You guys are idiots to think the signing of Pisa was not needed Hunter Hillenmeyer is a joke and almost single handedly lost the super bowl for when he was burned several times by Clark, Wayne ,and Gonzalez so to say it wasen't a pressing need for us you just gota be lagally retarded.But I suggest we go out and get Plaxico or Marvin so all the attention isn't on Devin and it gives Jay more options then grooming a bunch of guys fresh outta the womb.
I agree with you up till the Plaxico/Marvin statement --- these two could be jailbirds soon.

And I'm really glad to see Idonijie (sp?) re-signed.
Indy Hawk Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#33 May 31, 2009
Brian wrote:
Some of you are **** point blank. How is Pisa going to be a back-up? The guy is going to start because he is a tackling machine and two Roach or Hunter are pathetic linebackers. Second Lovie is a soft coach? Does this mean you have to tackle people on the sidelines or have a scowl on your face the whole game? Simply Brilliant some of you goons are !
Unfortunately I'm a life long Ram's fan and Pisa simply is an average LB at best. He makes most of his tackles past the line of scrimmage and he overruns his gap all the time leading to BIG gains by RB's who cut back.

Do you think a bad team like the Ram's would let him go if he was any good? They need all the help they can get. He simply will make 1 good play for every 3 bad plays. You'll be screaming at him before the year is up, guaranteed.
Bears NFC North Masters

Crystal Lake, IL

#34 Jun 1, 2009
The added depth is great. No team in the NFL is stacked with Pro Bowl caliber players at all positions. Bears' success will hinge on how healthy their key players can stay over the course of the season. IF they can stay healthy, they now have talent to play with anyone. Go Bears!
qwerty1

Matteson, IL

#35 Jun 1, 2009
another reason to give our boy mr angelo another chance
justin chicago

Downers Grove, IL

#36 Jun 3, 2009
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
What Tv were you watching last year?This team must address the wideout position.
The Beras still do not have a Number 1 wideout. We should have traded for Denvers wide outs ALONG WITH cUTLER.
Orton is not the greatest of Qb's but I bet he will have much better numbers then Cutler. See Orton has guys who can catch the ball and Cutler does not.
Who is better then Brandon Marshall or Eddie Royal on the Bears? Denver has much better wide outs.
Bears fans will be complaining by the end of the year about the QB position.It's unfortunate because Cutler is a good QB but again he does not have a Number 1 wideout.
Jay Cutler is the only reason that they evey had a good WR. Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal will be looking for new teams after they have to deal with kyle orton not being able to complete a pass after 15 yards. Kyle Orton throwing the ball accurately is about as often as haleys comet. this guy couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with a 16" softball 20 yards away.

wait until we have that great line blocking for Cutler and the defense worried about Forte. Seriously we do not need a top notch WR. Who was anybody before they proved themselves in the NFL? Anquon Boldin was just another rookie. so was fitzgerald. so was Jerry Rice. So was Joe Montana....so on and so forth you dont know what we have until we see it in action. So until our rookie WR disprove themselves quit thinking that we need a veteran WR and believe in the ones we have...or dont call yourself a bears fan.

Juaquin Inglesias may be the next big star. You never know. Then again from the comment you left I dont think you know much of anything.

you are one of those sports center groupies that listens to everything the media says. grow some gonads and voice your opinions. Unless its pointless comments like the one you made. If thats the case then move to wisconsin where you are allowed to be brainwashed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Idonije Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bears player Idonije headed to Geneva Ba... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jason Prometheus 2
News Chicago Bears' Defense Has Top 10 Potential Onc... (May '14) May '14 Rosemarie Fiore R... 1
News Lions' Suh growing up, and he's better than ever (Sep '13) Sep '13 BillInKeyWest 1
News Without Nick Fairley, Detroit Lions' Defensive ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 alvan buck 1
News Countdown To Kickoff71 Days Until Chicago Bears... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Bears give Marquess Wilson a second chance in d... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Vulcans Rath 3
News Bear Bites: Is Idonije Tennessee-Bound? (Apr '13) Apr '13 Wallace hunter 1
More from around the web