Bears' Israel Idonije hopes for new contract

MOBILE, Ala. - Israel Idonije has been a key contributor for the Bears without being a regular starter. Read more
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
RAO

Peoria, IL

#83 Jan 23, 2009
sweet34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I am waiting for the day when we go after a guy that will make a difference. When was the last time we brought someone in and they overachieved???? Frankly, I am drawing a blank.
Thomas Jones might be one, can't think of any others.
sweet34

Pleasanton, CA

#84 Jan 23, 2009
good call !!! thanks.
sweet34

Pleasanton, CA

#85 Jan 23, 2009
shawn wrote:
i hate idoijie and will be glad to see him leave. hes like the defenses adrian peterson. does ok and the bears keep wasting time and money on him hes not good people are dumb. if cant start on a team that you guys think is bad how can he play anywhere else. he sucks let him go adriain peterson, i want to stop hearing about mike hass he sucks get over and the bears finally cut him, please get rid of roberto garza anyline that gets blown up by a defensive back twice in one game should be cut, everyone stop crying about how bad the bears are the fact of the matter is they won 9 games and its all because of lovie smith, its jerry angelo fault he didnt bring in more free agents, look at the jets they got brett farve, allen faneca, damien woodly and some other people and they could only win 9 games like the bears, and then look at the cowboys they probalby put the best team on paper in the last 10 years, they could only win seven games, and for people that say romo got hurt thats why, i say to them that tom brady got hurt and the patrioits still had a good year, so please leave lovie alone its not his fault that people are messing it up for him
Shawn-o, agree with most you say, Bears are not that bad, perhaps perplexing is more the word to use.
the constant princess

Grayslake, IL

#86 Jan 23, 2009
Oh sweet, how can you agree with anyone who's opening statement is, "I hate Idoijie..."

Peace Love Soul
the constant princess

Grayslake, IL

#87 Jan 23, 2009
Evan wrote:
I hope Izzy signs again, hes a good player.
I agree.
sweet34

Pleasanton, CA

#88 Jan 23, 2009
the constant princess wrote:
Oh sweet, how can you agree with anyone who's opening statement is, "I hate Idoijie..."
Peace Love Soul
C.P., i agreed with MOST he said, but, what he said about IZZY i did not agree.

But I thought that was obvious, as I had already posted I wanted to keep IZZY in a different post.

I did agree with what he said about the Bears not being so bad....

which i also have said, 0-16 is bad
5-11, is bad, but not 9-7.

anywa, CP, LOVE PEACE AND HAPPINESS
sweet34

Pleasanton, CA

#89 Jan 23, 2009
just did my taxes, happy camper !!! except i heard state of california is handing out IOU's this year, not cash back..... what a deal, that's my money their playing with ...

sorry, this is a BEARS POST SPOT ...
please forgive.

just excited after that shot of teguilla i guess.
sweet34

Pleasanton, CA

#90 Jan 23, 2009
test
sweet34

Pleasanton, CA

#91 Jan 23, 2009
test

Since: Oct 07

B town, Ohio

#92 Jan 27, 2009
Jim wrote:
To hold Idonije evn on the team would be a mistake! That's the Bears Achilles heel, the inside defensive line. They need somebody bigger and stronger to take on a double team. Idonije is a good special teams player, NOT a starter! It all starts on the line!
Idonije is one of the few players that do have value for the Bears he Over Played his contract and is versatile inside and outside the D-line he is a guy you keep on your roster. He had 3.5 sacks only rotating and filling in on the line, he batted more than his fair share of passes and had 23 tackles this year. On the other hand you had Tommie Harris with 5 sacks and 37 tackles as a starter.
perry

Canada

#93 Jan 30, 2009
he is one of the most underrated defensive players in the nfl, he was 4th on the team for sacks with 3.5; If he was a starter and played all the time he could have lead the team. and considering all the special teams izzy is involved with!this is a no brainer, sign this guy for what ever he wants! worth every MILLION! such a great role model for all professional athletes, And you all know who hester likes to follow!
perry

Canada

#94 Jan 30, 2009
sweet34 wrote:
<quoted text>
ldc, who are you?
you are by far the most intellegent poster on this site.
You're not Angelo are you?
Too bad, like the way you think.
nice work!
perry

Canada

#95 Jan 30, 2009
ldc wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely disagree.
Tell me how many guys you are going to find in the league that 280 lbs who run a 4.7 dash, who also have incredible vertical leaps?
He may find better position players, but he is by far one of the most versatile DLmen in the league, if not the most versatile.
And the fact is, you can't find many linemen on either side who are very good at special teams. Most are slow and fat.
He is what he is, but he is very valuable.
nice work!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Idonije Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bears player Idonije headed to Geneva Ba... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jason Prometheus 2
News Chicago Bears' Defense Has Top 10 Potential Onc... (May '14) May '14 Rosemarie Fiore R... 1
News Lions' Suh growing up, and he's better than ever (Sep '13) Sep '13 BillInKeyWest 1
News Without Nick Fairley, Detroit Lions' Defensive ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 alvan buck 1
News Countdown To Kickoff71 Days Until Chicago Bears... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Bears give Marquess Wilson a second chance in d... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Vulcans Rath 3
News Bear Bites: Is Idonije Tennessee-Bound? (Apr '13) Apr '13 Wallace hunter 1
More from around the web