Scobee's chip shot gives Jaguars win ...

Scobee's chip shot gives Jaguars win over Steelers

There are 12 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jan 5, 2008, titled Scobee's chip shot gives Jaguars win over Steelers. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

David Garrard's legs made up for his mistakes. Garrard looked as if he was about to have his worst game of the season at the worst possible time for Jacksonville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Jungle Jim

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#1 Jan 5, 2008
HA HA HA HA HA Roethlisberger, SUCKS!!!!!!!
GHT

Portland, OR

#2 Jan 5, 2008
Love it!!! Hey Luther, that looks like that hurt real bad!! Fun times in Pittsburgh. It's fun rooting against the Steelers and seeing them fall!
Josh

Alexandria, VA

#3 Jan 5, 2008
HAHAHAH i knew it. i wonder if those loser fans from pittsburgh have any excuses for the loss haha.
Rob

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Jan 5, 2008
Hines ward grabs Brian willams by the face mask and drags him into the endzone behind him and the ref's call pass interference on Willams.....what a joke...eitheir the officials are senile or the bias the steelers receiver because they're big NFL moneymakers is sickening.... and it shows that the leauge is not that different from the WWF.Hines Ward is the dirtiest player in the NFL.... the king of the cheap shot artist, and Im glad I dont have to look at his ugly smiling face again until next year. The steelers are a fraud... a product of biased officiating based on marketing and profitability
Josh

Troy, MI

#5 Jan 5, 2008
watch out for the jags and this playoffs, i think they have what it takes to beat the pats, & the colts.
the jags almost got cheated this game
but they over came it. it was a good game to watch tho. i do have a feeling the pats will get all the calls in the playoffs the nfl would love nothing better then the pats run the table
Stiller Fan in Ohio

Westerville, OH

#6 Jan 6, 2008
Josh is correct the Pats get the calls in the Playoffs. I love to watch football but in my heart I know it is as fake as wrestling. But it is an entertaining fake.

So the NFL wants to promote the Patriots. The Steelers had their turn, the Cowboys and Forty Niners had their turns. Chicago, Baltimore and right now the Patriots are teams that people love to hate so we watch.

But never forget that the outcome of the game is pre-ordained. The NFL knew that the Steelers/Pats game would make less money than the Pats/Jags. So that is the way it goes.

Anyway they have ugly uniforms. The only good looking uniforms are the steelers.
Gus Smegma

Sykesville, MD

#7 Jan 6, 2008
Hey, Ohio Steelers Fan!

The Nazis also had the sharper-looking uniforms back in World War 2. So much for appearances!

I am still puzzled by the fact that the "Stealers" only have their helmet logo on one side?

Any explanation for that?
Depth Chart

Lowell, MA

#8 Jan 6, 2008
Del Rio handed that game to the Steelers and then fortunately his QB took it back....the Jags won in spite of him....he's got to be the worst coach in the league....anybody see him last night? He looked like he was strung out.....his eyes were pretty weird looking.......

Let's look at some pretty questionable moves:

1) Steelers gaining momentum after a score and he comes out with three passing plays, three and out to give them further momentum and another score.

2) Wasting a challenge in the first qtr on a play that wasn't even close and then using one in the 4th qtr on a play that was also not even close and wasting his last time out to boot.

In all he was willing to hand this game to the Steelers, they were just great pretenders this season. I'll be honest, I hope the Pats do get to play Jax next week.....they play hard but they really aren't as good as everybody is making them out to be.....I saw very little discipline and really just a poorly played game. Most of their points came on D - very little offense.
Depth Chart

Lowell, MA

#9 Jan 6, 2008
Josh wrote:
watch out for the jags and this playoffs, i think they have what it takes to beat the pats, & the colts.
the jags almost got cheated this game
but they over came it. it was a good game to watch tho. i do have a feeling the pats will get all the calls in the playoffs the nfl would love nothing better then the pats run the table
Are you kidding? Did you watch the game or see the final score? Both the Pats and the Colts will rip that defense in two.....they'll spread the field and pick them apart all night. That team is not that good......watch the game and tell me what you saw as a positive on the Jags side? They were handed three interceptions in the first quarter...Ben was just throwing balls in the air without actually looking for receivers....he played much better in the 2nd half and exposed that defense big time.......
Michael

Willis, MI

#10 Jan 6, 2008
The logo they should add to the other side of their helmet is: MADE IN CHINA.
GHT

Portland, OR

#11 Jan 6, 2008
Stiller Fan in Ohio wrote:
Josh is correct the Pats get the calls in the Playoffs. I love to watch football but in my heart I know it is as fake as wrestling. But it is an entertaining fake.
So the NFL wants to promote the Patriots. The Steelers had their turn, the Cowboys and Forty Niners had their turns. Chicago, Baltimore and right now the Patriots are teams that people love to hate so we watch.
But never forget that the outcome of the game is pre-ordained. The NFL knew that the Steelers/Pats game would make less money than the Pats/Jags. So that is the way it goes.
Anyway they have ugly uniforms. The only good looking uniforms are the steelers.
Huh? Jacksonville is a city of a little more than 1 million including metro area. What makes you think a Pit/Jag game would make more money than a Pit/Pat game? Are you smoking Stiller gold? BTW, the Steelers have the absolute ugliest uni's in ANY league.
GHT

Portland, OR

#12 Jan 6, 2008
Gus Smegma wrote:
Hey, Ohio Steelers Fan!
The Nazis also had the sharper-looking uniforms back in World War 2. So much for appearances!
I am still puzzled by the fact that the "Stealers" only have their helmet logo on one side?
Any explanation for that?
Rooney's Irish, he's too damn cheap to kick in for a second decal on the other side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ike Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longtime Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor retires... (Apr '15) Apr '15 34 Of them 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers to Meet with Cornerback Pro... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Myron Cope 2
News Cleveland Browns hope Pittsburgh Steelers rooki... (Aug '13) Aug '13 losthere 2
News The Steelers Should Let Keenan Lewis Leave if H... (Mar '13) Mar '13 urug26 3
News What Does Pittsburgh Steelers Signing of Willia... (Mar '13) Mar '13 jopitp 1
News 7 Questions the Pittsburgh Steelers Must Answer... (Jan '13) Feb '13 steelersfan1 3
News NFL Rumors: Pittsburgh Steelers Cornerback to T... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Greg 1
More from around the web