A Chance at History

A Chance at History

There are 3 comments on the Conquest Chronicles story from Nov 28, 2010, titled A Chance at History. In it, Conquest Chronicles reports that:

That is going to be the recurring theme for last night's loss. And it will be with us for a while.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conquest Chronicles.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#1 Nov 29, 2010
I read this and then the responses and it is amazing how delusional some of the USC fans are.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#2 Nov 29, 2010
BigDan wrote:
I read this and then the responses and it is amazing how delusional some of the USC fans are.
Really? How so? I frequent that site regularly specifically because they aren't over-the-top haters of other programs. Reading the article and the comments, I found nothing delusional and, most importantly, no Irish-bashing/insulting at all.

For example, I found this comment to be spot-on:
That said, they didn’t play very well in their biggest game of the year. They either aren’t a very good team by Trojan standards, or they were poorly prepared. I’d have to say it was both. The game was not lost through poor game planning and poor play calling, it was lost by poor execution…throughout the entire game…which is not something that should happen to a good, well-prepared team this late into the season, at home, against a rival.
And this:
I admire our players for Fighting On! This was not a performance to write home about, but I bet Rojo could have packed it in and played this last year for any school in Michigan and be close to home and SC would be worse off for it. He stayed, as did Mustain.
The only comment that was a bit homer-ish was this one:
After 8 in a row, ND was due for a lucky win.
All things considered, that was kind of bland. Nobody on there posting any bashing of ND.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#3 Nov 29, 2010
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How so? I frequent that site regularly specifically because they aren't over-the-top haters of other programs. Reading the article and the comments, I found nothing delusional and, most importantly, no Irish-bashing/insulting at all.
For example, I found this comment to be spot-on:
<quoted text>
And this:
<quoted text>
The only comment that was a bit homer-ish was this one:
<quoted text>
All things considered, that was kind of bland. Nobody on there posting any bashing of ND.
didn't mean to infer that there was bashing, actually had nothing to do with Notre Dame as to what I was meaning. It was that there were a few that still haven't come to grips that there were problems under Carroll. In fact his lossey goosey approach toward everything is why there is trouble their now. He didn't seem to care about what was becoming a circus. I think there is a lot more disipline there now because of some of the older guys on the coaching staff. I am not saying that Kiffin is the answer either. I have no idea if he is. How could I, or them. No one knows, he really has done nothing to give us a clue. I think he was a hot name with USC ties and the old AD jumped the gun in that hire. One thing is for sure, he will have to fly right because the NCAA has the telescope out now. Look at the golf cart thing. That is sad that such a big deal was made about something like that but I feel it is justified because through out the course of the NCAA investigation they found that players were either unaware of the rules or knew they weren't really being inforced. Yall got hit pretty hard but it could have been worse and since it wasn't ya have a chance to right the ship pretty quickly (unlike SMU) and get the cheating rep that has been attached. The players that are there now and the ones coming in will know the difference between right and wrong and actually care. They will have paid for bad choices of others. That's Bush and Pete. I think Pete amassed more talent than probably any team since Notre Dame of the 40's but I think he cared more about being liked by his players than teaching them right from wrong. If you don't feel that way, cool, you know more about USC than I do and maybe I should just have the wrong take, but the fact is that's a common perception.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrison Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Vikings Position Battle: Safety Jun '15 tom wingo 6
News Vikings pick up 2016 options on Matt Kalil, Har... May '15 Spielman 14
News Minnesota Vikings Improve Defense with Trae Waynes May '15 Spielman 18
News Another Golden Age Begins ? Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Minnesota Vikings: Chances of Drafting Landon C... Apr '15 HMA Software 10
News NFL owners shoot down video replay changes Mar '15 WTF 1
News Rick Spielman's Vision for Vikings' Future Taki... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Purple WienerSnif... 8
More from around the web