Notre Dame Pre-Spring Depth Chart: Th...

Notre Dame Pre-Spring Depth Chart: The Defense

There are 13 comments on the Bleacher Report story from Feb 14, 2010, titled Notre Dame Pre-Spring Depth Chart: The Defense. In it, Bleacher Report reports that:

Before we get to the defensive depth chart, let me take a look at the additions to the offense since National Signing Day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bleacher Report.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#1 Feb 23, 2010
The D will be better this year, it would have been no matter who the coach was.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#2 Feb 23, 2010
BigDan wrote:
The D will be better this year, it would have been no matter who the coach was.
give the man a yr Dan ! remember Saban's first yr 7-6 after that 24-2 and a natl champ he has to get his program going just my thoughts !!!!!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#3 Feb 24, 2010
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>give the man a yr Dan ! remember Saban's first yr 7-6 after that 24-2 and a natl champ he has to get his program going just my thoughts !!!!!
doesn't matter who the coach is, the team should be better this year than last. Now how much better depends on Kelly.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#4 Feb 24, 2010
National Records

•Alabama became the first team in major college football history to defeat the last three previous national champions in the same season (24-15 vs '07 champion LSU, 32-13 vs '08 & '06 champion Florida and 37-21 vs '05 champion Texas ).
•Alabama became the first team in major college football history to defeat two straight opponents with at least a 12-0 record (defeated 12-0 Florida in SEC title game and 13-0 Texas in BCS title game).
•Alabama placed six players on the Associated Press All-American first team. That's the most ever selected from one team (previously five by Oklahoma in '87 & '03).
•Alabama defeated 10 bowl opponents in 2009. That's the most ever recorded in major college football history.

----------

just sayin
Florida Engineer

Tallahassee, FL

#5 Feb 25, 2010
T-Town Clown wrote:
National Records
•Alabama became the first team in major college football history to defeat the last three previous national champions in the same season (24-15 vs '07 champion LSU, 32-13 vs '08 & '06 champion Florida and 37-21 vs '05 champion Texas ).
•Alabama became the first team in major college football history to defeat two straight opponents with at least a 12-0 record (defeated 12-0 Florida in SEC title game and 13-0 Texas in BCS title game).
•Alabama placed six players on the Associated Press All-American first team. That's the most ever selected from one team (previously five by Oklahoma in '87 & '03).
•Alabama defeated 10 bowl opponents in 2009. That's the most ever recorded in major college football history.
----------
just sayin
Yes, the SEC is awesome. I went to ND as an undergraduate but now go to graduate school at Florida. The south has a unique tradition with an elevated reverence for football and NASCAR. But I like the mild winters of Florida compared to South Bend (-15 F in January). As for my undergraduate Alma Mater, they should become reinvigorated now that Weis is gone. His style of micromanagement just wasn't working out. Plus Kelly knows how to succeed with recruits who were ignored by the major programs in the midwest. The only problem is that ND expectations can get really high with a media hyperfocus in the era of twitters, facebook, myspace, blogs, etc. I hope Kelly can survive the scrutiny. Here in Florida Meyers was overwhelmed by stress. I know our ND rival, Michigan, is also in turmoil with NCAA scrutiny.

Alabama certainly is on a high momentum this year. That should give some great SEC matchups in the fall. Bear Bryant would have been proud. Alabama probably would have had much more collegiate records if it weren't for Jim Crow laws of segregation back in the early 1960s and before that time. The segregation excluded talent that probably would have led to even more championships and records.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#6 Feb 27, 2010
T-Town Clown wrote:
National Records
----------
just sayin
Why?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#7 Feb 27, 2010
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
cuz we rule the college game !!!!!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#8 Mar 2, 2010
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>cuz we rule the college game !!!!!
you'll be back on probabtion in no time, those damn boosters can't help but screw it up at Bama.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#9 Mar 2, 2010
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll be back on probabtion in no time, those damn boosters can't help but screw it up at Bama.
naw Nick has them under his thumb RTR

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#10 Mar 2, 2010
It's not the coaches at Bama that are the problem, it's the retarded boosters.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#11 Mar 2, 2010
BigDan wrote:
It's not the coaches at Bama that are the problem, it's the retarded boosters.
hey Dan Im a booster ! them days are over no trouble from a booster in the future you'll see RTR !!!!!!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#12 Mar 2, 2010
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>hey Dan Im a booster ! them days are over no trouble from a booster in the future you'll see RTR !!!!!!
yeah but a lot of those deep pocket guys think they can buy access and a lot of those kids can't turn it down. maybe Saban can keep that at bay but I doubt it.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#13 Mar 2, 2010
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah but a lot of those deep pocket guys think they can buy access and a lot of those kids can't turn it down. maybe Saban can keep that at bay but I doubt it.
time will tell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrison Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What to watch for: Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota ... (Oct '16) Feb '17 Rude Loud Phart 24
News Minnesota Vikings: 5 positions that could cause... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Magnum Man II 1
News Running back Adrian Peterson only Vikings playe... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 4
News Minnesota Vikings Position Battle: Safety (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 6
News Vikings pick up 2016 options on Matt Kalil, Har... (May '15) May '15 Spielman 14
News Minnesota Vikings Improve Defense with Trae Waynes (Apr '15) May '15 Spielman 18
News Another Golden Age Begins ? (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
More from around the web