Bears' passing gets failing grade

Bears' passing gets failing grade

There are 13 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 30, 2008, titled Bears' passing gets failing grade. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Bears defeated the Vikings in their first 2008 meeting despite rushing for just 53 yards.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

bob

United States

#1 Dec 1, 2008
orton suck can't through a 20 yard pass
Mike from Platte City

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Dec 1, 2008
Let me break it down...and you Orton-Lovers can now argue until you're blue in the face: Orton sucked! There...I said it! He pulled a Grossman, and therefore, Orton is no better or worse than Grossman...he's just a different Bears QB that proved yet again that we are still searching.

While we're at it, Ron Turner sucks! Week after week we're forced to endure horrible play-calling, and then forced to watch the Bad News Bears muck it up even more.

While we're at it, John St. Clair...aka the "Human Turnstyle"...sucks! Seriously, how many times will the guy let Jared Allen run by him before he figures out that he's actually supposed to block this guy? Put a rookie guard out there, because he could do no worse than St. Clair.

While we're still at it, Charles Tillman sucks! To get burned for a 99 yard TD, by BERNARD BERRIAN, is unexcusable. And burned he was...not...even...close.

Matt Forte is to the Bears team what Adrian Peterson is to the Vikes. Only AP on the Vikes had a little help from the rest of his team. Forte did what he could, which wasn't enough.

To conclude, I'd like to just say..."Kyle Orton, welcome to the land of losers. Now you and Grossman can share a clipboard."
Is anyone ready for Hanie yet?
BearsFan2

Bradenton, FL

#3 Dec 1, 2008
Kyle Orton Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,
rhurley49

Jersey City, NJ

#4 Dec 1, 2008
If that had been Grossman playing like that he would have been roasted. All I see from the news media is excuses for Orton. Orton has sucked the last 4 games he played. He has also been lucky other teams can't catch or he would have another 10 to 15 interceptions. He has a weak arm and the BEARS built a dink and dunk offense around him. The big reason the WR's look bad is because Orton can't throw the ball long with any accuracy. I sure hope the BEARS don't make the mistake of signing him to a rich contract.
Anne

Washington, DC

#5 Dec 1, 2008
It looked to me as though the refs. could have called pass interference on the Vikings several times and never did. Hester & Olsen in particular looked to be getting mugged.

On the other hand it would also help if the receivers/TE's would learn how to adjust their routes when the QB is in trouble.
tulab

Grayslake, IL

#6 Dec 1, 2008
that's the real Orton...sucks!
ejfan

Matteson, IL

#7 Dec 1, 2008
look at ortons stats...they are bad
Joe Berg

Ostrander, OH

#8 Dec 1, 2008
Its time to look at stats....STATS DONT LIE orton lovers lie. completion % he is ranked 23rd in the leadue with 58.7, 18th with a 83.3 QB rating, 20th in yards 2195, and tied for 11th with TDs. Lets keep it real folks Orton sucks im not sayin just cuz i like grossman more im saying cuz i watch him play. Look at his stats game by game he has only had 2 games with a QB rating over 100 and he has zero in the 90s and the rest are 80s and way below. this last one was 39. No worries Orton will not get an extension he's done Rex wont resign cuz he's pissed he got benched and we will be drafting a qb next year.
RHURLEY49

Sioux Falls, SD

#9 Dec 1, 2008
ORTON SUCKS AND ALWAYS HAS! HE IS NOT CAPABLE OF THROWING THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD MORE THAN 15 YARDS. WE LOST THE SEASON WHEN THE BEARS WENT TO A DINK AND DUNK OFFENSE TO BENEFIT ORTONS LIMITED SKILLS. MEANWHILE WE HAVE A SUPER BOWL QB SITTING ON THE BENCH. GOOD CHOICE CHICAGO MEDIA, SOLDIER FIELD FANS, AND LOVIE.
NEB

Fishers, IN

#10 Dec 1, 2008
If Grossman had that game there would 500 posts on this instead of 9. But for some reason people think Orton is a good qb! CRAZY!!!
Rick in STL

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Dec 1, 2008
The Titans exposed us, our WR's suck if they get pressed. They can't handle the jams and get off the jams. Orton has to throw perfect balls and when they are there they drop them. You can't tell me that Bennett's hands are any worse than Davis'. Davis should have lost his job last night. Drop-Drop-Drop switch him back to DB where they are thin. This team needs ppl hungry willing to take a shot and make a big catch. Lloyd is a headcase and I don't see him working out. Boldin is where they need to go and then draft OL to get this retched OL replaced.
roger

Salt Lake City, UT

#12 Dec 2, 2008
NEB wrote:
If Grossman had that game there would 500 posts on this instead of 9. But for some reason people think Orton is a good qb! CRAZY!!!
That's because grosswoman would have sucked at least 55 times more than Orton. Hey, Orton is not a good qb, but he is light years ahead of rexy. At least Orton doesn't have that freaking deer in a headlights look that grosswoman wears the whole time he is in the game. Plus Orton looks like a backup qb, wrecks looks like a marshmellow. Everybody in America laughs at the Bears whenever grosswoman plays, because that makes the team and the coach and the fans and the game a joke.
roger

Salt Lake City, UT

#13 Dec 2, 2008
Joe Berg wrote:
Its time to look at stats....STATS DONT LIE orton lovers lie. completion % he is ranked 23rd in the leadue with 58.7, 18th with a 83.3 QB rating, 20th in yards 2195, and tied for 11th with TDs. Lets keep it real folks Orton sucks im not sayin just cuz i like grossman more im saying cuz i watch him play. Look at his stats game by game he has only had 2 games with a QB rating over 100 and he has zero in the 90s and the rest are 80s and way below. this last one was 39. No worries Orton will not get an extension he's done Rex wont resign cuz he's **** he got benched and we will be drafting a qb next year.
Wrecks grosswoman won't resign because he won't be offered a contract. Duh!!! Because he sucks. He sucks worse than anyone who has ever played the game. He is a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greg Olsen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Panthers vs. Steelers - Matchups To Watch (Sep '14) Sep '14 Poo Panther News 2
News Bears to face ex-players, coaches (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 7
News Ed Dickson's visiting the Panthers, according t... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Tebow Cornholio 2
News 5 things to know from Panthers' win over Dolphins (Nov '13) Nov '13 Blowhole News 1
News Top 5 Teams For Michael Turner (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 2
News Newton, Panthers stun Falcons 30-20 (Dec '12) Dec '12 JCPanthers88 6
News Trades near deadline rare for Carolina Panthers (Oct '12) Oct '12 Jim donor 1
More from around the web