Bears could turn heads by beating Packers

Sep 24, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WSBT - Sports

Well, they backed it up last week. Now, they really can prove it. The Bears host Green Bay on Monday night, and they have a chance to make believers out of doubters after an eye-opening 27-20 win at Dallas.

Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PERRY

Three Lakes, WI

#1 Sep 24, 2010
Packers 35, Bears 20 and may be even better.
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

#2 Sep 24, 2010
We'll all be turning our heads when the Claymaker pummeling of Jay Cutler becomes so consistent and brutal that it crosses the line into sad.
packerhacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#3 Sep 24, 2010
Danger wrote:
We'll all be turning our heads when the Claymaker pummeling of Jay Cutler becomes so consistent and brutal that it crosses the line into sad.
Peppers will be taking care of AR. It won't be sad it will be cool. He will be mauled by the Bears like last year.Make sure gaymaker takes his steriods before the game.
Say no to Purple

Ridgefield Park, NJ

#4 Sep 24, 2010
jay cuntler.....meet Claymaker
Wildman

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Sep 24, 2010
Say no to Purple wrote:
The fact you people keep call him Claymaker makes you Gaymakers. GO BEARS!!!!! No matter how this turns out it will not be easy for either team. But Bears can pull it out as long as they don't turn the ball over.
Estate 45

Milwaukee, WI

#6 Sep 24, 2010
packerhacker wrote:
<quoted text> Peppers will be taking care of AR. It won't be sad it will be cool. He will be mauled by the Bears like last year.Make sure gaymaker takes his steriods before the game.
Really? Steriods?? Is that the best ya got??
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

#8 Sep 24, 2010
Estate 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Steriods?? Is that the best ya got??
Yep, with no evidence, even. That's what people say when players sack quarterbacks with unprecedented efficiency and brutality. They obviously can't knock him with anything viable, so they resort to vague accusations and suppositions.

It reeks of fear.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 Sep 25, 2010
packerhacker wrote:
<quoted text> Peppers will be taking care of AR. It won't be sad it will be cool. He will be mauled by the Bears like last year.Make sure gaymaker takes his steriods before the game.
As if no Bears use steroids! Man are you naive. As in every sport, it's only a problem if you get caught.

But I like that you are throwing out the cheating excuse BEFORE the game. It's the kind of thing I would expect from somebody that believes that his team will lose. You won't hear any Packer fans making up pregame excuses.
packerhacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#10 Sep 25, 2010
Danger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, with no evidence, even. That's what people say when players sack quarterbacks with unprecedented efficiency and brutality. They obviously can't knock him with anything viable, so they resort to vague accusations and suppositions.
It reeks of fear.
Lighten up! It's been out there he stacked on 80 pounds of muscle in impossible amount of time.Google it, find out for yourself. So it's not like I made it up. If he was a bear you would be all over it, and I said it in a joking way. Things are twisted on this site about bears players everyday. Big deal.
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

#11 Sep 25, 2010
packerhacker wrote:
<quoted text> Lighten up! It's been out there he stacked on 80 pounds of muscle in impossible amount of time.Google it, find out for yourself. So it's not like I made it up. If he was a bear you would be all over it, and I said it in a joking way. Things are twisted on this site about bears players everyday. Big deal.
No, I wouldn't be all over it unless there was some indication of cheating, which there isn't at all. Gaining weight is not an indictment.

I'm surprised you're on here still after that Broncos remark on the other thread. Why don't you give yourself a timeout, tone it down, and come back when you can act like a decent human being.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#12 Sep 25, 2010
packerhacker wrote:
<quoted text> Lighten up! It's been out there he stacked on 80 pounds of muscle in impossible amount of time.Google it, find out for yourself. So it's not like I made it up. If he was a bear you would be all over it, and I said it in a joking way. Things are twisted on this site about bears players everyday. Big deal.
I agree, big deal. So what if he or any other athlete uses steroids. Nobody really cares. Some people like to claim a higher moral ground, but they don't care about the steroids really. They just love to judge other people and make themselves seem superior in the process. Why do you think Brian Cushing received all these awards last year despite testing positive for steroids:

2x AFC Defensive Rookie of the Month (November & December )
2x AFC Defensive Player of the Week (2009 weeks 6 & 8)
2009 AFC Defensive Player of the Month of November
2009 Pro Bowl selection
2009 All-Rookie Selection (Sporting News, Pro Football Writers Association)
2009 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year

None of the honors were taken away, including "Rookie of the Year" despite the fact that there was a re-vote AFTER the steroid use was determined. Why? BECAUSE nobody watches pro sports to see poor athletes perform poorly and do average things. We all want to see the amazing athletes perform at their very best.

As for Clay Mathews, there isn't a player in the league that comes from a better or more athletic and gifted blood-line than Clay Mathews. The Mannings are poor bloods compared to Clay. If there is a person in the league that would and should be a freak of nature, it's Clay Mathews. If you paid any attention to the careers of Clay Sr. and Bruce Mathews, you would know that.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 Sep 25, 2010
BTW if you never saw Clay or Bruce Mathews play, I'm sorry, because you missed 2 amazing athletes. However, look up their records and stats. In terms of longevity alone, the family is freaking unbelievable.
packerhacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#14 Sep 25, 2010
Danger wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wouldn't be all over it unless there was some indication of cheating, which there isn't at all. Gaining weight is not an indictment.
I'm surprised you're on here still after that Broncos remark on the other thread. Why don't you give yourself a timeout, tone it down, and come back when you can act like a decent human being.
Like I said..lightin up
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

#15 Sep 25, 2010
packerhacker wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said..lightin up
Sad man.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#16 Sep 26, 2010
packerhacker wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said..lightin up
How many people need to tell you that they didn't find any humor in your comment? It was bad enough that you made the comment. Everybody sticks their foot in their mouth or makes a poor attempt at humor occasionally. However, you have had ample opportunity to reflect now. By continuing to defend the comment you have crossed the line to being a super jerk and A-hole. You are making it worse. STOP NOW!
packerhacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#18 Sep 28, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, big deal. So what if he or any other athlete uses steroids. Nobody really cares. Some people like to claim a higher moral ground, but they don't care about the steroids really. They just love to judge other people and make themselves seem superior in the process. Why do you think Brian Cushing received all these awards last year despite testing positive for steroids:
2x AFC Defensive Rookie of the Month (November & December )
2x AFC Defensive Player of the Week (2009 weeks 6 & 8)
2009 AFC Defensive Player of the Month of November
2009 Pro Bowl selection
2009 All-Rookie Selection (Sporting News, Pro Football Writers Association)
2009 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year
None of the honors were taken away, including "Rookie of the Year" despite the fact that there was a re-vote AFTER the steroid use was determined. Why? BECAUSE nobody watches pro sports to see poor athletes perform poorly and do average things. We all want to see the amazing athletes perform at their very best.
As for Clay Mathews, there isn't a player in the league that comes from a better or more athletic and gifted blood-line than Clay Mathews. The Mannings are poor bloods compared to Clay. If there is a person in the league that would and should be a freak of nature, it's Clay Mathews. If you paid any attention to the careers of Clay Sr. and Bruce Mathews, you would know that.
Clay Matthews is dirty player, you can look good on highlight films and crap but He's not even close to Peppers. Not even in the same class. Peppers gets double and triple teamed and he was sending packers flying with one arm!!!!! The guy is awesome!!!! Clay Matthews had one guy on him and he could not do shit!!!!! He looked very frustrated playing against Bears second stringer!!!! Steriods do make you angry and stupid and make you play like your out of your mind, but it doesn't make you a great football player.
packerhacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#19 Sep 28, 2010
Danger wrote:
Claymaker, having to resort to unsportsman like tactics because he was frustrated playing the bears is sad. It just turns the heads of the reps!
eric

Monroe, WI

#20 Sep 28, 2010
packerhacker wrote:
<quoted text> Clay Matthews is dirty player, you can look good on highlight films and crap but He's not even close to Peppers. Not even in the same class. Peppers gets double and triple teamed and he was sending packers flying with one arm!!!!! The guy is awesome!!!! Clay Matthews had one guy on him and he could not do shit!!!!! He looked very frustrated playing against Bears second stringer!!!! Steriods do make you angry and stupid and make you play like your out of your mind, but it doesn't make you a great football player.
Mathews gets doubled as well.Like Peppers ,Mathews gets held on just about every play that the opponent locks up with him.
eric

Monroe, WI

#21 Sep 28, 2010
packerhacker wrote:
<quoted text> Claymaker, having to resort to unsportsman like tactics because he was frustrated playing the bears is sad. It just turns the heads of the reps!
Which tactic are you refering to.
packerhacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#22 Sep 28, 2010
Say no to Purple wrote:
Claymaker meet....Kevin Schaffer!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greg Olsen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bears to face ex-players, coaches Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 7
Ed Dickson's visiting the Panthers, according t... Apr '14 Tebow Cornholio 2
5 things to know from Panthers' win over Dolphins (Nov '13) Nov '13 Blowhole News 1
Top 5 Teams For Michael Turner (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 2
Newton, Panthers stun Falcons 30-20 (Dec '12) Dec '12 JCPanthers88 6
Trades near deadline rare for Carolina Panthers (Oct '12) Oct '12 Jim donor 1
Chicago Bears vs. Carolina Panthers Gameday Pre... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Monte Hall 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Greg Olsen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••