Chicago Bears beat Green Bay Packers in overtime to stay in NFC...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Alex Brown reached up and saved the Chicago Bears' season. Brown blocked Mason Crosby's 38-yard attempt with 18 seconds to go in the fourth quarter Monday night, forcing overtime against the Green Bay Packers.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tom

Inver Grove Heights, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

da Bears!

Vikes....it's all over!
top football fan

Perham, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

bears got lucky in that game against green bay but they will not win against houston next week..watch an see ,vikink will win an game over in the north
40for60

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

I want to see our Packer friends come on here and tell me how they don't miss Longwell. Sure Crosby can kick it through the end zone on kick offs, but why do teams really employ a kicker in the first place? To make the kicks that really matter in crunch time. They had the game locked up, until Crosby punched a low kick into the line when a little air under the ball would have sufficed. It's not like it was a 50 yarder or anything, he just kicked it low. Longwell is money.

“I'm not crying... Winning!”

Since: Oct 08

Twin Cities, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

I watched the game and you could just tell the Bears were going to win after blocking the field goal at the end of the game. But what I could not stand the most were the jack-n-ape announcers for ESPN. These guys are horrible! Instead of kissing Green Bay's rear end, call them what they are, 5-10 and not very good.

Kudos Packers fans, way to get what you asked for with Rodgers. Unfortunately, it's your defense that is the real problem. What a sieve, to use a Scandinavian word.

Funny how the Pack was 13-3 last year and the Jets were 4-12 (?) and with the switch of one player, the Jets are 9-6 and looking at playoffs and the Pack is getting the golf clubs ready.....
40for60

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

xHP ni naD wrote:
well isn't that special? kind of poetic in fact. once again the queens win just enough games to **** us back in and once againn they choke. but thats what losers do , they choke. tis not the MVP fault.( MOST MISRIBLE VIKING PLAYER peterson) he's a viking just doing what vikings do. they choke, they lose, and they S*U*C*K. come sunday, the Giants with nothing to play for will pull thier starters early and shread us with thier 2nd and 3 rd team. or worse we'll kick thier **** from end top end and lose because we make one fatal mistake at the end, a ref blows a call, of just because god hates us. whatever the cause we'll lose. counbt on it. on the other hand the giants might throw the game because it will be nice to have a team in the playoffs that you know will choke when the pressure is on. i mean why let a team like the bears that have heart in the playoffs when you have the looooooser queens so ready to drop to thier knees and grope you zipper....and ofcourse the best part of all is Wilf's love affair with Klink insures us of many more loses to come. OH BOY. excuse me while i blow my brains out
Dan, Dan, Dan...if you are still alive, don't pull the trigger just yet. They still have one week to go, and not only do the Vikings have to lose to the Giants, the Bears have to win at Houston which has gone 4-1 in their last 5 games. We still have the upper hand, but if things go the way you suggest, maybe we can volunteer to help move the Vikings to LA.
40for60

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

Dick In Dixie wrote:
I watched the game and you could just tell the Bears were going to win after blocking the field goal at the end of the game. But what I could not stand the most were the jack-n-ape announcers for ESPN. These guys are horrible! Instead of kissing Green Bay's rear end, call them what they are, 5-10 and not very good.
Kudos Packers fans, way to get what you asked for with Rodgers. Unfortunately, it's your defense that is the real problem. What a sieve, to use a Scandinavian word.
Funny how the Pack was 13-3 last year and the Jets were 4-12 (?) and with the switch of one player, the Jets are 9-6 and looking at playoffs and the Pack is getting the golf clubs ready.....
Did you see the interesting poll they ran on ESPN? The question was if Favre was still in GB, would the Packers have made the playoffs this year? Every state in the union had the majority vote that the Packers would have made it to post season with Favre, only Wisconsin and NY said they wouldn't have. All I can come up with is delusional misfits with no sense of reality reside in those two states.
DCVikingFan

Bethesda, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

I agree 40for60: the Vikings are well positioned. Besides, if the Bears can win on the road in a short week and the Vikings lose at home to a Giants team that has nothing to play for, the Bears deserve to be in the playoffs more.

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

How pathetic has the Packers become. Poor goal line play calling in the 4th quarter and that horrible defense. The Bears have the worst offense in football and yet they shredded the Packers in overtime. Orton looked like Brady, Forte looked like he was the next Payton, when even a marginal defense would have shut the Bears down.
The only hope for the Vikes next week is that the Houston defense can play better than the Swiss cheese head Packers. The Giants in recent years unfortunately have the Vikes number whether here or in New York.
40for60

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

DCVikingFan wrote:
I agree 40for60: the Vikings are well positioned. Besides, if the Bears can win on the road in a short week and the Vikings lose at home to a Giants team that has nothing to play for, the Bears deserve to be in the playoffs more.
I agree, the Bears will deserve it if they win at Houston and we lose against the Giants.
I also noticed that the packer fans are judging my posts, but interestingly hiding in shame because none of them are posting. Can't blame little Joan for making himself scarce, he has proven to be a hack of epic proportions on a daily basis.
TGP

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Da Crusher_RIP wrote:
How pathetic has the Packers become. Poor goal line play calling in the 4th quarter and that horrible defense. The Bears have the worst offense in football and yet they shredded the Packers in overtime. Orton looked like Brady, Forte looked like he was the next Payton, when even a marginal defense would have shut the Bears down.
The only hope for the Vikes next week is that the Houston defense can play better than the Swiss cheese head Packers. The Giants in recent years unfortunately have the Vikes number whether here or in New York.
My recent memory tells me just the opposite,we haven't lost to them since that play-off feascoe. Has Eli ever won against us, I don't think so.
kdogg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

The table is set for the 2008 Vikings collapse. I would hate to be in the metrodome next week. Watching the Vikings get spanked out of the playoffs. Bring your kleenex, or maybe they will be handing them out as you walk in. The team didn't let me down. Finished exactly as expected. All that was needed was a win against Atlanta to shut the door on Chicago. Nope! Lets just f*#k it up and kick the door wide open like always. How embarassing. Congrats Chicago! You earned the title...
kdogg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

DCVikingFan wrote:
I agree. The bears deserve it more. The vikes had their chance to slam dunk the division against the Falcons. I don't think the falcons are as good as the media is hyping them to be. The Vikings totally gift wrapped that game and handed it to them. It was a total choke job! No doubt about it. Next week will be the same against the 2nd string Giants.
40for60

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

TGP wrote:
<quoted text>My recent memory tells me just the opposite,we haven't lost to them since that play-off feascoe. Has Eli ever won against us, I don't think so.
The Vikings have won the last two games between the two teams, last year and in 2005. Don't get the Crusher mad, I once saw him 'crush' a banana on TV.
40for60

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

kdogg wrote:
The table is set for the 2008 Vikings collapse. I would hate to be in the metrodome next week. Watching the Vikings get spanked out of the playoffs. Bring your kleenex, or maybe they will be handing them out as you walk in. The team didn't let me down. Finished exactly as expected. All that was needed was a win against Atlanta to shut the door on Chicago. Nope! Lets just f*#k it up and kick the door wide open like always. How embarassing. Congrats Chicago! You earned the title...
What title?
By God man, let the season play out.
kdogg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

Are you a first year vikings fan? This happens every year. They should call it Chokemas in Minnesota this time of year...
40for60

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

kdogg wrote:
Are you a first year vikings fan? This happens every year. They should call it Chokemas in Minnesota this time of year...
I've seen every collapse Kdogg, from the inception. An eternal optimist? Maybe. But to judge a current team on teams from the past seems to be a little light in the noggin. If this were the case, Denver would have never won a Super Bowl, but they did, and twice.

“I'm not crying... Winning!”

Since: Oct 08

Twin Cities, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

kdogg wrote:
Is that you Troy Williamson? Still bitter about not being able to catch the ball, huh?
Pragmatist

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen every collapse Kdogg, from the inception. An eternal optimist? Maybe. But to judge a current team on teams from the past seems to be a little light in the noggin. If this were the case, Denver would have never won a Super Bowl, but they did, and twice.
You are just one of those fans that is eternally happy that Buffalo lost 5 super bowls without winning one to take us out of first place.
kat

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

First, Packers defense s t i n k s!!! Aaron isn't the problem, he's still in his first season srarting. The only reason WI doesn't believe Brett would have us in the playoffs is because defense is the big problem...oh yeah, and special teams. The 2 things McMuffin said he was building his post Favre team on. He & Teddy the crypt keeper gotta go.
And 40, I for one wouldn't want Longwell back. He missed fg's vs. the vikes I can't forget. And even he has said he doesn't like to kick outside. He's missed a few clutch kicks for both teams and probably will again.
Merry Christmas
kdogg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
We shall see what your tune is sunday night. History has a funny way of repeating itself. For Minny, it is over and over... When I smell s*#t, I call it s*#t. I don't try to sugar coat it and say it is an aeromatic blend of fiber and corn. The vikings will get knocked out by the G-men...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Greg Olsen Discussions

Search the Greg Olsen Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bears to face ex-players, coaches Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 7
Ed Dickson's visiting the Panthers, according t... Apr '14 Tebow Cornholio 2
5 things to know from Panthers' win over Dolphins (Nov '13) Nov '13 Blowhole News 1
Top 5 Teams For Michael Turner (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 2
Newton, Panthers stun Falcons 30-20 (Dec '12) Dec '12 JCPanthers88 6
Trades near deadline rare for Carolina Panthers (Oct '12) Oct '12 Jim donor 1
Chicago Bears vs. Carolina Panthers Gameday Pre... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Monte Hall 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••