Antoine Winfield doesn't use poor hea...

Antoine Winfield doesn't use poor healthy as excuse for recent ...

There are 19 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 28, 2009, titled Antoine Winfield doesn't use poor healthy as excuse for recent .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Vikings and cornerback Antoine Winfield have something in common: They're playing their worst football in quite some time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

truth

United States

#1 Dec 28, 2009
And to think this paper just three weeks ago was touting how the Vikings had one of the best cornerback tandems in the league, well at least it was good for a laugh.
Chuck F

Nashville, TN

#2 Dec 29, 2009
Why isn't anyone commenting on the fact the Vikes are playing D with 9 guys; we have all season. Johnson and Williams are without a doubt the two worst safeties in football. THey are absolute non factors in every game.
Learn Sage

Houston, TX

#3 Dec 29, 2009
Winfield, yet another great signing this year! lololololololololoolol!!!!!!
Vikes biggest fan

Ada, MN

#4 Dec 29, 2009
Where is the over the top safety help there Vikes? Two TD's last night and the safetys were inside of the Corners which is a big no no! Who is setting up this D?
Chuck 44

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#5 Dec 29, 2009
Johnson is absolutely clueless. Williams and Johnson haven't contributed anything to this team. They are constantly out of position and their tackling is horrible. Do the math. No safeties. Winfield can't lock down in man coverage. Jared Allen can only bring heat when he's playing an overmatched tackle on turf. The Williams brothers are of no value in pass defense. Where has Greenway been? Leber doesn't hit; he jumps on. That doesn't leave much of a D. We are terribly overrated.
KSandbergFL

Washington, DC

#6 Dec 29, 2009
Winfield is my favorite Vikings player... he is the best cornerback, against the run, I have ever seen in the NFL... and by far the Vike's best tackler. It's really obvious that he's not 100%, and other teams are definitely targeting him. It's kinda sad to watch... I hope he bounces back for the playoff run.
Chuck 44

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#7 Dec 29, 2009
Can you imagine this defense in the playoffs against a competent offense? Wow! It could get ugly. It was good that we found our offense in the second half. We ran it and threw it at will. Our overrated D will have a decent chance at keeping us in games as long as we can pile up the points.
Chuck 44

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Dec 29, 2009
Winfield is slow and a liability on medium to deep routes; he always has been. This has nothing to do with his injury. Williams and Johnson don't even know what stadium they are in most of the time. P and K Williams don't get to the QB. Leber hits like an old lady. Griffin is always one step out of position, not a ball hawker. We've got problems. Did I mention that Herrera and Loadholt have totally disintegrated? Oh yea! Who didn't see the fumble coming at the end? As soon as I saw someone attempt to tackle him from behind I knew it was coming out.
tbone

United States

#9 Dec 29, 2009
Chuck 44 wrote:
Winfield is slow and a liability on medium to deep routes; he always has been. This has nothing to do with his injury. Williams and Johnson don't even know what stadium they are in most of the time. P and K Williams don't get to the QB. Leber hits like an old lady. Griffin is always one step out of position, not a ball hawker. We've got problems. Did I mention that Herrera and Loadholt have totally disintegrated? Oh yea! Who didn't see the fumble coming at the end? As soon as I saw someone attempt to tackle him from behind I knew it was coming out.
dude breath!! you sound like a pathetic band wagon fan who is fighting his way to jump ship. yes winfield isn't 100% Pat didn't play!! Yeah he can't get to the qb when inactive. I agree leber is average and showing it with the loss of ej. But our blitz schemes are predictable, they don't utilize pat on pass downs, he is huge mass that takes up bodies for blitzs and allows one on one match ups for allen or kevin. AD needs to hold the ball right now he isn't looking like the best back in football but shades of darrin nelson. you mentioned the right side of the line, they aren't great but the sacks are not from that side. they just can't run block. so i ask why run there? why chilly? peterson had all his big runs to the left,we need better screen play out of peterson, he needs to work out with rice this off season. dropped balls, lost in that go route, i mean what the heck was that 10 yds and fall down, geez that was ugly. but we came alive in the end, we need a chip on our shoulders so we play with more urgency, we seem to be in cruise control lately.
Nice headline PP

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Dec 29, 2009
What exactly is poor healthy?
the real deal

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 29, 2009
Sportswriter doesn't use poor editing as excuse for sloppy article title.
FudgePackerKilla

Yasothon, Thailand

#12 Dec 29, 2009
The secondary has been a major problem with this team since Dungy left. Theyve always been a liability. Nothings changed this year and once again, our fate will be sealed early in the playoffs by one of the other five excellent NFC playoff QBs.
SALADBOWL

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Dec 29, 2009
Steelers-Polamalu, Patriots-Harrison, Colts-Sanders, Eagles-Dawkins, Cardinals-Wilson, Ravens-Reed, Chargers-Weddle..... These safetys are the quarterbacks of your defense against the pass and without compitent ones you have no shot in the playoffs.
Deek

United States

#14 Dec 29, 2009
We did good with Sanford in... We should of left him in there.. Did you see that hit he brought to the punt returner.. I am surprised he nearly didn't fumble he hit him so hard.
Geaux Saints

United States

#15 Dec 29, 2009
Just the fact that Winfields name and injury are mentioned in the title sounds to me like he just did use it as an excuse. He's just overrated? He was torched by a guy who was on the practice squad. How absolutely pathetic.
wireman

Upper Sandusky, OH

#16 Dec 29, 2009
What about the pass rush where has that gone Allen can't make his reputation
off of 2 green bay games or can he ?

No one player is to blame they ALL have a hand in this they well might be the worst playoff team heading into the playoffs !
Phillip Ml

Eden Prairie, MN

#17 Dec 29, 2009
Winfield is finished just like the Vikings!
tbone

United States

#18 Dec 29, 2009
Geaux Saints wrote:
Just the fact that Winfields name and injury are mentioned in the title sounds to me like he just did use it as an excuse. He's just overrated? He was torched by a guy who was on the practice squad. How absolutely pathetic.
just like the aints get over yourself.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#19 Dec 29, 2009
Chuck 44 wrote:
Exactly, Winny has never been a real great cover guy. Great instincts and a great run stopper. The cover 2 complements him well usually because he is able to get up on the line an sniff out plays before they develop and use his vision. Let it be known I am not a big fan of the Tampa 2 though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greg Olsen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blood is thicker than NFL records: Shula wants ... Dec '15 Fart news 6
News Panthers vs. Steelers - Matchups To Watch (Sep '14) Sep '14 Poo Panther News 2
News Bears to face ex-players, coaches (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 7
News Ed Dickson's visiting the Panthers, according t... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Tebow Cornholio 2
News 5 things to know from Panthers' win over Dolphins (Nov '13) Nov '13 Blowhole News 1
News Top 5 Teams For Michael Turner (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 2
News Newton, Panthers stun Falcons 30-20 (Dec '12) Dec '12 JCPanthers88 6
More from around the web