Three turnovers help send Packers to ...

Three turnovers help send Packers to 51-45 loss

There are 86 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 10, 2010, titled Three turnovers help send Packers to 51-45 loss. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

With seven wins in eight games to close out the regular season, the Green Bay Packers entered the playoffs as the hottest team in the NFC - and with one of the best defenses to boot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Vikes Dude

West Bend, WI

#1 Jan 10, 2010
1 and done pukers, now lets hear you talk smack, I didnt think so, BYE BYE packers, see ya next year, maybe ! GO VIKES !!!!!!!!!!4

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#2 Jan 10, 2010
One of the best defenses......HOWL
51 points really shouts 'great defense'
Didn't anyone see Big Ben put up 503 yards just a few weeks ago against this 'great defense'?
I knew the Cards would put up some points, but 51?
If this defense gets any better, they may need a Texas Instruments calculator to keep score for the other team.
Ranger

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 10, 2010
Go Pack! Crush the Vikes!
TorVikeFan

Scarborough, Canada

#4 Jan 10, 2010
Packers... "with one of the best defenses". What a joke! The Cardinals do have a good offence, but they were missing Boldin. My mother could have passed for 300 yards against the Packers defence. I never believed the BS that, statistically, the Packers had the 2nd-best defense. It brought to mind the saying "lies, damn lies and statistics", the latter being the worst.
Vikes Dude

West Bend, WI

#5 Jan 10, 2010
OH YEA ! BRETT FAVRE !!!!!!!!!4

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#6 Jan 10, 2010
Ranger wrote:
Go Pack! Crush the Vikes!
Did you just wake from your drunken stupor?

Too late sucka!
yeah sure

Burnsville, MN

#7 Jan 10, 2010
where are all the loudmouthed idiot Packer backers? Maybe they are swinging from the rafters at the end of a noose? I bet that you can't find a can of paint thinner or airplane glue in any hardware stores in Wisconsin after today. Come on dirtballs, where are you? LOLOL
Jimmy

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Jan 10, 2010
yeah sure wrote:
where are all the loudmouthed idiot Packer backers? Maybe they are swinging from the rafters at the end of a noose? I bet that you can't find a can of paint thinner or airplane glue in any hardware stores in Wisconsin after today. Come on dirtballs, where are you? LOLOL
I am right here yeah ... so much for all the Packer trolls who post on the Vikings forums, eh??
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#9 Jan 10, 2010
yeah sure wrote:
where are all the loudmouthed idiot Packer backers? Maybe they are swinging from the rafters at the end of a noose? I bet that you can't find a can of paint thinner or airplane glue in any hardware stores in Wisconsin after today. Come on dirtballs, where are you? LOLOL
Not worried, did you not see all the weapons on offense with an average of 3-4 years experience? Their will be many more great years, just came up a little short. Look at all the loud mouth idiot Viking fans invading GB topix, can't wait to see all the crying next week. I'll be waiting to lay the smack down.

“Support SAR, get lost. ”

Since: Oct 08

East Haven, CT

#10 Jan 10, 2010
yeah sure wrote:
where are all the loudmouthed idiot Packer backers? Maybe they are swinging from the rafters at the end of a noose? I bet that you can't find a can of paint thinner or airplane glue in any hardware stores in Wisconsin after today. Come on dirtballs, where are you? LOLOL
Classy.

Defense didn't show up. Offense was absolutely phenominal. 2 botched face mask calls and a personal foul (helmet to helmet) in over time could be blamed for the Packers loss. Certainly, if the refs would have done their jobs and penalized Arizona for the facemask on Rodgers on that fumble, the game could have gone differently. But it's all history.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_cor...

...and a blog started by one of Minnesota's own.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/87...
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#11 Jan 10, 2010
flywatt wrote:
<quoted text>
Classy.
Defense didn't show up. Offense was absolutely phenominal. 2 botched face mask calls and a personal foul (helmet to helmet) in over time could be blamed for the Packers loss. Certainly, if the refs would have done their jobs and penalized Arizona for the facemask on Rodgers on that fumble, the game could have gone differently. But it's all history.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_cor...
...and a blog started by one of Minnesota's own.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/87...
Doesn't help Fitzgerald ran over Woodson also.
Favre lover

Burnsville, MN

#12 Jan 10, 2010
sounds like a lot of complaining, excuse mongering and whining going on here. I guess if you aren't good enough, you blame the refs. I'd bet if we didn't have to listen to the moronic rants of Packer fans the last few weeks, there wouldn't be so much gloating on the part of Vikings fans. By the way, Jeremy, this is a St Paul Pioneer Press site, not a Green Bay Topix site.
Too bad so sad

Quantico, VA

#13 Jan 10, 2010
Looks like the Packers fans just got a little too cocky for their own good. So much smack talking it wasn't even funny. You guys were so far ahead thinking about a Vikings/Packers re-match you forgot to take a look at that dangerous AZ team that you had to face first! Damn, everybody thought for sure the Pack had this game after last weeks stomping. Oops I guess the Cards came to play for real this time. I LOVE the fact that Karen Rodgers fumbled to end your guys season lol... just priceless! Green Bay Packers was football's no-man's land before Brett Favre and it's starting to look like it again after Brett Favre.
PackerPaul

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jan 10, 2010
Hats off to the Cards they brought game. Pack had too many turnovers and not enough D in fact I think the D stayed in Green Bay.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#15 Jan 10, 2010
The Pheniox has risen...
Too bad so sad

Quantico, VA

#16 Jan 10, 2010
when is Karen Rodgers a free agent? Maybe he'll want to come across the border just like his mentor did. Common Karen! we have Rice, Harvin, Peterson, Taylor for you to play with. We'll adore you if you wear purple just like you were always one of us! Come play for a real team and maybe some day you can win a playoff game!

“Support SAR, get lost. ”

Since: Oct 08

East Haven, CT

#17 Jan 10, 2010
Favre lover wrote:
sounds like a lot of complaining, excuse mongering and whining going on here. I guess if you aren't good enough, you blame the refs. I'd bet if we didn't have to listen to the moronic rants of Packer fans the last few weeks, there wouldn't be so much gloating on the part of Vikings fans. By the way, Jeremy, this is a St Paul Pioneer Press site, not a Green Bay Topix site.
Oh please, every football fan in America blames the refs one time or another. Just so happens, this time GB fans have a good case. Like I said though, it's history. Nothing to do about it now.

“Support SAR, get lost. ”

Since: Oct 08

East Haven, CT

#18 Jan 10, 2010
Too bad so sad wrote:
when is Karen Rodgers a free agent? Maybe he'll want to come across the border just like his mentor did. Common Karen! we have Rice, Harvin, Peterson, Taylor for you to play with. We'll adore you if you wear purple just like you were always one of us! Come play for a real team and maybe some day you can win a playoff game!
You know, as much as I despise the Cowboys, it's comments like yours that will make a Cowboys victory all the more satisfying next week. I'll make sure I dont loose this thread, and you better pray Minnesota wins next week. With the Cowboys playing like they have, and the Vikings not knowing who their coach is anymore, Old Man Favre and the Sailors don't stand much of a chance.
Favre lover

Burnsville, MN

#19 Jan 10, 2010
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>Not worried, did you not see all the weapons on offense with an average of 3-4 years experience? Their will be many more great years, just came up a little short. Look at all the loud mouth idiot Viking fans invading GB topix, can't wait to see all the crying next week. I'll be waiting to lay the smack down.
did you not see that putrid defense? what good is offense if you can't stop anyone?#2 ranked D? puhlease! LOLOLOL I read that you have 12 veteran free agents on your team. Your going to miss that veteran leadership next year. Driver is old, Woodson had a great year, but it took a lot out of him and he is 33. Al Harris is coming off a bad injury. Hawk is close to being an official bust. Then there is your sorry excuse of an o-line. The Packers were true paper tigers this year. They rolled up big numbers in the preseason, then stumbled out of the gate because they actually had to play other team's 1st units. After losing to Tampa Bay, their schedule turned extremely easy, enabling them to artificially inflate their stats. Only real wins were against a listing Dallas team, and an injured Ravens team. When you came up against rugged mauling type teams,(Bengals, Steelers, Vikings twice, even Tampa Bay,) you lost. The Vikes outplayed a healthy Steelers team but lost, we beat the Bengals handily, and the Packers twice handily. We lost to the Cards in their stadium just as you did, we lost to a surging Panthers team and to the Bears on the road. The Packers can beat the teams they should beat, but they can't play with the big boys.
Ahmad Rashad

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jan 10, 2010
For all the Vikings fans lets not forget that we will be playing a darn good footbal team in the Dallas Cowboys that will be coming into the Metrodome favored against our Vikings. The Viking's Offensive lines scares me along with their secondary. It will be really hard to run against the Cowboys and it will be tough on Farve when they take options away from him due to our Offensive line. We will see I hope the Viking pull off their best win of the year against the toughest team they have faced so far. I love the Vikings, but lets no be giving the packer fans to much S H I T because we might be one and done ourselves. GO VIKINGS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greg Jennings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Which QB Is Under More Pressure in 2013, Andy D... (May '13) Feb '16 Fart news 38
News Miami Dolphins: What will be the role of Greg J... (May '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 37
News Dolphins hosting free agent WR Jennings (Apr '15) Apr '15 Finpoo 2
News Minnesota Vikings Rumors: Brandon Marshall a Po... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Soupoop 5
News Minnesota Vikings Would Be Wise To Part Ways Wi... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Tanked Johnson 1
News Rick Spielman's "8 Specific Needs" For The Offs... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Tug O Purple Wienerz 8
News Vikings Fall to 4-7, Where Can We Point The Fin... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Larry 6
More from around the web