Aaron Rodgers emerges from Brett Favr...

Aaron Rodgers emerges from Brett Favre's shadow with Super Bowl victory, MVP award

There are 154 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 6, 2011, titled Aaron Rodgers emerges from Brett Favre's shadow with Super Bowl victory, MVP award. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Absolutely no need to bring up Ol' What's His Name ever again. Aaron Rodgers is a Super Bowl championship quarterback in his own right.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 6, 2011
..... and with that ... it's finally "Thanks for the memorys Brett .... there's a new sheriff in town ......... goodbye"
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#2 Feb 6, 2011
We tried to tell ya, queenboys, your just to stupid to listen!......hey bert,.....Should have retired the 1st time!.....Hahhahhhaha!...Go Pack, Aaron is ten times the qb that bert ever thought he was!.........SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!>>AGAIN!....How sweet it is!....Hahahhahhhaa!
ezg357d

Madera, CA

#3 Feb 6, 2011
Aaron emerges from Favre shadow "Who Cares" I say if your still talking about the guy Your still under his shadow. Go Vikings
cynik

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2011
Brett is a great QB and a plus to any team he played for. He supported his teamates and was a once in a lifetime type of man. He made mistakes and that puts him in with the rest of us..........flawed in some way. Aaron Rogers did a good job and the Packers earned a SB championship, way to go from a life long Vike fan. Kudos to Green Bay and the Packers, it is nice to see our division doing well.
Favre did amazing with a team that was in the dumper when he arrived.....Rogers enjoyed the successful team Brett left which was much better talent wise than Favre's was. So Favre surely will be in the HofF and deserves to be there on the first chance. So Rogers has his own legacy to build and he did not have to deal with the weak team that Brett did
A Rodgers

Garden City, MI

#6 Feb 6, 2011
I would like to take this time to thank the man who tought me everything I know.

Thank you Mr. Favre. I wouldn't be the QB i am today had it not been for all you've done to teach me.

Thank you so much!

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#7 Feb 6, 2011
Congratulations Packers and fans. That was some year you guys had, overcoming much in the way of adversity. The Superbowl played out like the year, with guys going down, but finding ways to win. The Pack earned it. Enjoy.
Living Life Outloud

United States

#8 Feb 6, 2011
Rodgers is OVER RATED.
Without the defense interceptions, the packers would have lost!! Just look at the lack of scoring, when he had didn't have the interceptions to work off of.
kim duk soon

United States

#9 Feb 6, 2011
congragulation packer fans.

brett favre still iron man

rodgers still a fem boy

so what.

congragulations.
kim duk soon

United States

#11 Feb 6, 2011
ezg357d wrote:
Aaron emerges from Favre shadow "Who Cares" I say if your still talking about the guy Your still under his shadow. Go Vikings
yu very smart,,,,so true.
kim duk soon

United States

#12 Feb 6, 2011
still think rodgers no fun to watch

like watching gay stepbrother play with hoola hoop

don't know, just not the same swager the old man hsd, just a manly man I guess, GUSTO AND GUTS.

packers under rodgers now remind me of powder puff girly ball.

but i say good for you all, leave farve out of it he go down as a viking anyway,.

viva la favre.

long lived the king.
rED

Milwaukee, WI

#13 Feb 6, 2011
ezg357d wrote:
Hey loser ... take that naked texted picture of BF you have and put it in your pipe and smoke it ... One more time and this with MUCH more emphasis ... What do the Vikes and a car thief have in common ...?? NO TITLE!! LOL! YIPEE!!!

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#14 Feb 6, 2011
Living Life Outloud wrote:
Rodgers is OVER RATED.
Without the defense interceptions, the packers would have lost!! Just look at the lack of scoring, when he had didn't have the interceptions to work off of.
Who does your team play next week?
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#15 Feb 6, 2011
eric_113 wrote:
Congratulations Packers and fans. That was some year you guys had, overcoming much in the way of adversity. The Superbowl played out like the year, with guys going down, but finding ways to win. The Pack earned it. Enjoy.
Hey eric, nice to hear from a queen fan that accually (gets it).....Who knew?.........Hahhahhaah!
kim duk soon

United States

#16 Feb 6, 2011
rED wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey loser ... take that naked texted picture of BF you have and put it in your pipe and smoke it ... One more time and this with MUCH more emphasis ... What do the Vikes and a car thief have in common ...?? NO TITLE!! LOL! YIPEE!!!
if your still talking about the guy Your still under his shadow.
kim duk soon

United States

#17 Feb 6, 2011
I say, last year when old iron man favre came to green bay among all the boo's and handed the packers ass to them was much more entertaining than this superbowl game.

but hey, congragulations.

the packers have a lot of great talant and great players.

some even have class

unlike the packer fans on here.

good night.

donald driver, you the man. wear it proudly for you have earnd it.

peace out.
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#18 Feb 6, 2011
kim duk soon wrote:
<quoted text>if your still talking about the guy Your still under his shadow.
And you are under the 0-50 shadow!...GREEN BAY PACKERS!.........SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPIONS!........Hhahhahahha! .........
rED

Milwaukee, WI

#20 Feb 6, 2011
kim duk soon wrote:
<quoted text>if your still talking about the guy Your still under his shadow.
Hey Long Duck Dong ... Go to sleep and dream of a BF Super Bowl win and then wet your bed loser ...
kim duk soon

United States

#21 Feb 6, 2011
Woo Flung Poo wrote:
<quoted text>
favre make fool of self
he take pitchur of dingdong and send to big boob girl
bad conduct by vikings norm here
we put up it and give mor money to team
if your still talking about the guy Your still under his shadow.

hahahahhahahahahahahahah.

you should be enjoying your medieoaker superbowl victory,
not bashing old man favre.

did he crush your spirt so badly last year you no can enjoy this triumph ??

too bad for you,

and agian , congradgulations.

i turn other cheek now.

you win.
Nivis

Toronto, Canada

#22 Feb 6, 2011
Most of the damage was clearly self inflicted by the steelers , such avoidable turnovers I thought . But champs find a way to win and the packers are %100 deserving of hoisting the Lombardi trophy. Congratulations from an insanely jealous vikes fan great job packers !!!
ezg357d

Madera, CA

#23 Feb 6, 2011
Vike fans wouldnt you be out celebrating with friends if the Vikes had just won the super bowl You know showing you have a life. Get this Did you hear how the fans from wl drank up all beer in town & now there on here.(Think about it) NO LIFE NO FRIENDS. Guess you can see why. Wink Wink Go Vikings

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greg Jennings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Which QB Is Under More Pressure in 2013, Andy D... (May '13) Feb '16 Fart news 38
News Miami Dolphins: What will be the role of Greg J... (May '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 37
News Dolphins hosting free agent WR Jennings (Apr '15) Apr '15 Finpoo 2
News Minnesota Vikings Rumors: Brandon Marshall a Po... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Soupoop 5
News Minnesota Vikings Would Be Wise To Part Ways Wi... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Tanked Johnson 1
News Rick Spielman's "8 Specific Needs" For The Offs... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Tug O Purple Wienerz 8
News Vikings Fall to 4-7, Where Can We Point The Fin... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Larry 6
More from around the web