Green Bay Packers 2011 Draft Needs

Green Bay Packers 2011 Draft Needs

There are 16 comments on the Patriots Chronicle story from Mar 22, 2011, titled Green Bay Packers 2011 Draft Needs. In it, Patriots Chronicle reports that:

Cornerback The Packers have Charles Woodson and Tramon Williams which is arguably one of the best, if not the best one two cornerback tandem in the NFL.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patriots Chronicle.

Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#1 Mar 23, 2011
Offensive line has to be addressed. Although they did improve from the prior year, that I think has to do with staying healthy. If one key guy goes down this year(or next year), AR could be running for his life again and personally I would like to watch him play for the next 7-10 years and add a couple more championship belts to his waist. Next position would be a OLB, would hate to see this Matthews wear out rushing the passer EVERY single play, and who is to say he gonna play injury free? Offensive lineman and a OLB first two rounds.
eric

Arpin, WI

#2 Mar 23, 2011
Id say RT and LG.Colledge has a compensation tag on him,but,id love if someone signed him away.I agree with you on many great points Jeremy. We def need a corner as well.Shields is more of a nickle back and it would be nice to move Woodson to SS to add a few years to his career,we also have to draft a DE to replace Jenkins as well.Yes,they did draft Neal last year and he is coming back from an injury and not a whole lot of games played,but, drafting a DE wouldnt hurt.
answerman

Appleton, WI

#3 Mar 23, 2011
I think it's about 50/50 that they draft at #32. Unless someone that they really like drops down the board like Bulaga did last year (I'd love to see Mike Pouncey or Nate Solder drop to #32 but I don't think it'll happen) my guess is that someone's going to offer the Packers their second rounder and change to move up. I don't think it would be a bad move... the draft really levels out after the first 25 or so and the Packers will probably be able to get the same caliber player in the middle of the second round that they would at #32. That would be a good place to grab Brooks Reed or one of the several OL or DL players that would probably be a reach at #32..
eric

Arpin, WI

#4 Mar 23, 2011
I would love Brooks Reed our of Arizona as an OLB to compliment Mathews,but, i dont think he will be there at 32.
If this whole mess can be solved soon and all teams an go one as usual,maybe the Packers can unload Barnett for a Draft Pick.I can see TT trading down and grabbing extra picks.Gabe Carini would be a tremendous pick,but, no way he falls and if Ted wanted him,thats a trade up move.
answerman

Appleton, WI

#5 Mar 23, 2011
Yeah, I see Brooks Reed is climbing the draft boards now. A couple weeks ago he wasn't mocked as a first rounder on most of them.

There are a lot of solid offensive linemen that are going to slide into the second round, so I still think trading down is the most likely scenario. Carimi would be great, but he'll be gone along with Tyron Smith, Anthony Castonzo, and probably Nate Solder. Derek Sherrod, and Mike Pouncey. If any one of them slips to #32, there's your pick there. If not, the next 10 or so offensive linemen are pretty equal, and no reason to pick one at #32 if the Packers can get someone like Danny Watkins or Marcus Cannon mid-to-late-second round and pick up an extra pick in the process.
eric

Arpin, WI

#6 Mar 23, 2011
Its just a matter of grabbing a RT and either keep Clifton at LT and Bulaga at RT one more year
or
Releasing Clifton,move Bulaga to LT and use our high draft pick at RT.Im hearing LT Lang is most likely replacing DC at LG ( although if he were better then DC,he should have been there last year)BUT they are very high on Marshall Newhouse and McDonald ( MN is a tackle projected at Guard and Mc. is a guard i beleive) and those 2 are in the running as well,( how far no one knows but,something to think on i beleive)
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

#7 Mar 29, 2011
If there's anyone of value on OL, you can never go wrong with that pick, I don't care how good your line is (and ours is OK but not outstanding).

Clifton finished strong, but at his age you have to go into the season assuming you'll lose him for at least a few games.

Protect Rodgers and get some road graders so our mediocre running game can at least make some forward progress by picking up the yards that are blocked.

I also agree that a strong batch of LBs is crucial in the 3-4, so depth there is always needed.
eric

Arpin, WI

#8 Mar 30, 2011
OLB/DE is def. a need at this point.A pass rusher to compliment Clay Mathews is def. a great thing.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#9 Mar 30, 2011
eric wrote:
OLB/DE is def. a need at this point.A pass rusher to compliment Clay Mathews is def. a great thing.
Easy Eric...... There's not going to be a season. For the first time in a LONG TIME the defending SB Champs will not lead off on Monday Night Football. No ring ceremony. NOTHING. Picked a poor year to be chumps
eric

Arpin, WI

#10 Mar 30, 2011
Any year is a great year to be the champs!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Mar 30, 2011
This could be a great year to be champs. Or should I say this is a great 2 years to be champs?
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#12 Mar 31, 2011
Contestant: NFL oddities for $1,000 Alex.
You'll be the answer to a tough trivia question:
Trebek: Who was the only superbowl champion never to win a game?
Contestant: who are the Viqueens?
Trebek: Incorrecto homo! Who were the Gay-rodg Packers
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 Mar 31, 2011
A: The only Super Bowl Champions to go undefeated the following year.

Q: Who are the Green Bay Packers? Alex.

Tribek: Correct!

Super Bowl Champs 2 years in a row, without a hint of competition. It would be interesting trivia. The Packers are already all over the record book. So why not? It would be another NFL first by the Packers.
eric

Arpin, WI

#14 Apr 1, 2011
I still say there is going to be football,NOW,will the fans be pissed if its a shortened season or an adjustment,who knows,but, every strike threatened,we hear the fans will protest and never go to a game again,and YET,they do after all.
this I swear

Brooksville, FL

#15 Apr 1, 2011
According to G.B. insiders, OLB Quinton McWhiggers out of Montana State will be a sleeper pick.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#16 Apr 5, 2011
this I swear wrote:
According to G.B. insiders, OLB Quinton McWhiggers out of Montana State will be a sleeper pick.
St Paddy's was last month....come on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greg Jennings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Which QB Is Under More Pressure in 2013, Andy D... (May '13) Feb '16 Fart news 38
News Miami Dolphins: What will be the role of Greg J... (May '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 37
News Dolphins hosting free agent WR Jennings (Apr '15) Apr '15 Finpoo 2
News Minnesota Vikings Rumors: Brandon Marshall a Po... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Soupoop 5
News Minnesota Vikings Would Be Wise To Part Ways Wi... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Tanked Johnson 1
News Rick Spielman's "8 Specific Needs" For The Offs... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Tug O Purple Wienerz 8
News Vikings Fall to 4-7, Where Can We Point The Fin... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Larry 6
More from around the web