Green Bay Packers president Mark Murphy, general manager Ted Thompson ...

Jul 29, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Green Bay Press-Gazette

The Green Bay Packers raised the standards for their fans and followers last season, and they know it.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 56 of56
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
packerhacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but they almost blew it at the end of the season and gave Minn the home field. GB had the best record in the second half of 7-1, former NFL player analysts say that finishing the year strong like that will roll into next year, just like the year GB went 8-8 with Brett, but they ended the year on a win streak and the next year went to the NFC title game, it was positive momentum from years past. They could build on that success as now AR got them to the playoffs, they can build on that as well, it happens all the time in the NFL. Watch San Fran and Miami surprise everyone, they were in nearly every game and stayed competitive towards the end. I guess I don't see where GB will tank it this year, it should be another exciting year of football, with expectations high. There is no reason this team shouldn't play with the confidence knowing they can beat anyone, anytime. I hope they come out with that attitude and kick some Bear and Viking ass.
They couldn't beat the Vikes last year,
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

packerhacker wrote:
<quoted text> They couldn't beat the Vikes last year,
Thanks for the update!!
Danger

Pierre, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

I expect we'll be very good this year, and I expect some very good games against very good teams. I will now add "good fan" to my resume.
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Jeremy wrote:
See post #38(I guess I don't see where GB will tank it this year, it should be another exciting year of football, with expectations high.) Where you think I don't expect them to push for the NFC title is beyond me. I will be extremely surprised if they are not fighting for home field advantage. I guess I should explain myself a little better next time. TT should be fired if this team slides backwards and out of the playoffs. I agree with you on that, but not now after a 11-5 season.
Saying: "I guess I don't see where GB will tank" doesn't sound like high expectations to me. Neither does "I will be suprised if ..." Even you TT lovers have absolutely no faith in TT because he is a failure. There isn't one of you TT lovers that will actually say that you really have high expecations. Come on. Say it. Say that you expect the Packers to win the Super Bowl. Or at least say you expect them to play in it. You can't say it, can you? And I know the reasdon why! The reason is that Ted Thompson is a failure and has taught you to expect failure. You won't ever have real expectations for the Packers, so you can always have your excuses for Ted's failure. When will you learn. It's not about a poor GM that will be replaced. It's about the PACKERS! Every true fan understands. Perhaps you will someday.

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Are any fans still whining about losing Favre? That was a good call from day one.
Danger

Pierre, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

I believe Jeremy is saying he doesn't really see any weaknesses. That seems confident to me.
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Danger wrote:
I believe Jeremy is saying he doesn't really see any weaknesses. That seems confident to me.
That's because you really don't have any faith in Ted Thompson either. You, like Jeremy, can't and won't say that you expect a Super Bowl for the Packers. I understand.
Danger

Pierre, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Judged:

Um. I do expect it. Call me delusional, I don't care. But it's really secondary to the point.
I respect your dislike of Ted and I'm not completely opposed to what you're saying about him.
I just think you're mean to some of the other folks, and I don't appreciate fans imposing some arbitrary rules about who's a "real fan" and who's not.
My kid's a fan. He likes Rodgers and AJ Hawk. He thinks AJ Hawk is the best linebacker around, probably because that was the first draft he watched. I disagree with his definition of a great linebacker, but I don't think he's less of a fan.
Some fans care only about winning the division. Some care only about beating the Vikings. Some care only about making the playoffs. Some are attached to a player or two. Some fans just think green and gold are a cute color combination. But they're all Packer fans and deserve at least some level of respect from other Packer fans.
Disagree if you want, but don't denigrate people and question their standards and values because they happen to disagree with you.
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Danger wrote:
Um. I do expect it.
Good. You said it. Now, if it doesn't happen and you don't hold Ted accountable, we'll know if you're really a Packer fan or just a Ted fan. That's why the TT lovers won't say it. They know they are hypocrites already. They also know that making a commitment like that to the TEAM makes them choose between the Packers and Ted's continuing failure. Of course they would rather take the side of Ted and his failure. You and I both know that the Favre situation made plenty of people goofy. They've chosen sides and forgotten about the team and it's success in the process. You know who they are. They want to claim they are Packer fans while putting Ted Thompson's job (or BF) above the success of the team. You know it and I know it. I'm sorry you think it's mean for me to call them on it.

I bet your son wants the PACKERS to win. I bet he doesn't give a crap who the GM is as long as the TEAM wins. Somewhere along the line alot of Packer fans have lost the common sense of a child. You can hold those people in high regard if you want to. I suspect I'd have much more respect for your son.
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

I'm basically saying don't be such a turd to people. The fact that you're trying to cast everyone in this corner of "A real Packer fan says they have to win the Super Bowl or management is out" is just pure B.S. I do expect it, honestly. But I could give a rat's butt if I fit neatly into your definition of a Packer fan.
In my list of qualities of a true Packer fan, a little common decency toward other Packer fans ranks pretty high.
If you actually wanted to get TT out, you should be trying to build a fan coalition against him, not alienating every other Packer fan from your cause by berating them.
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

There will always be those that love Ted Thompson more than the Packers. They reveal themselves for the hypocrites they are. Either people care about Packer success or they don't. I'm not alienating any PACKER fans. Just the Ted Thompson fans. I couldn't care less about that. You probably have noticed the lack of respect they show true Packer fans. I don't see you preaching to them about alienating PACKER fans or being mean. I've seen less respect and decency than you can imagine from the people you know I'm talking about. If you want to have any credibility with me, try your routine on those that care more about Ted Thompson than the Packers.
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

BTW it is the Ted Thompson fans that started the whole TRUE PACKER FAN thing! The idiots were stupid and hyocritic enough to cast me as anti-Packer because I didn't put Thompson above the team. Their definition of being a Packer fan begins and ends with supporting Ted and his failure. Big surprise, huh? They still attempt to depictt me that way. So when you have your little talk with them, I'll anxiously be waiting to see if anything changes. Good luck. I know you'll be just as fair to me. After all, that would be the courteous and decent thing to do and you value that soooooooo highly.
Danger

Ipswich, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

So your argument is "since they're mean, I'm mean" and "they started it." How old are you?
I agree that others are Dbags as well. I wish you didn't choose to cast your lot with them.
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Danger wrote:
So your argument is "since they're mean, I'm mean" and "they started it." How old are you?
I agree that others are Dbags as well. I wish you didn't choose to cast your lot with them.
No, that's not my argument. My POINT is that I will reveal every hypocrite for what they are. It's up to each and every individual to be smart enough to recognize it. I harbor no illusions. I know that not everyone is smart enough. If pointing out hypocrisy is perceived by some as "being mean" so be it. I think I can live with that. But thanks for your concern.
Danger

Ipswich, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
My POINT is that I will reveal every hypocrite for what they are.
Rock on, dude. Nice to have a purpose in life.
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Danger wrote:
<quoted text>
Rock on, dude. Nice to have a purpose in life.
Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 56 of56
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••