Tech Pulls Off Upset Over Longhorns

Nov 1, 2008 Full story: CBS 11 13

Graham Harrell fired a 28-yard touchdown pass to Michael Crabtree with one second left and No.

Full Story
horns fan 80

Charlotte, NC

#1 Nov 1, 2008
I guess holding is legal in Lubbock. Tech played a good game but it seemed like all their big plays included dragging a few Longhorns around to create holes.

“Undefeated on Topix”

Since: Jun 08

Parts Unknown

#2 Nov 1, 2008
^
Want some cheese to go with that whine????

Texas gave this game away with HORRIBLE clock management on the last UT touchdown drive. Three times they snapped the ball with more than 15 seconds on the play clock. If they simply worked the clock in the last 3-4 plays, Texas Tech would have had 30-45 seconds for the last drive.

Instead, Mr. Heisman-annoited paid no attention to the game situation and acted like he was in a hurry-up, giving Tech time to win the game.

Enjoy it, teasip.
Tech_fan

Tyler, TX

#3 Nov 1, 2008
horns fan 80 wrote:
I guess holding is legal in Lubbock. Tech played a good game but it seemed like all their big plays included dragging a few Longhorns around to create holes.
Get over it, Texas lost to the better team. Crying about how holding is legal is a poor attempt at making yourself feel better, I hope it works, because when you wake up tomorrow, Texas still lost.

“Undefeated on Topix”

Since: Jun 08

Parts Unknown

#4 Nov 1, 2008
^
And don't forget that last year's Texas-Tech game was refereed by a guy from Austin, Texas.

Here's a novel idea for Texas (the whole Big 12, actually): Learn to tackle. Stop the other team. Play some friggin' defense for a change. End arena football now.

If the Longhorns actually stopped the other team once in a while, maybe they would really be title contenders.
mrbuzzard

AOL

#5 Nov 2, 2008
tech cheated thier left tackle held every play. watch the replay geek. And yes thier clock management was very stupid
wenplan

Houston, TX

#6 Nov 3, 2008
If my name was Gideon, they would have me on suicide watch.
Game watcher

San Antonio, TX

#7 Nov 3, 2008
I guess that punt return for a touchdown had two invisible pushes in the back that everybody but the refs could see. Yeah, that pick up the flag was a nice call.
Tech_fan

Tyler, TX

#8 Nov 3, 2008
mrbuzzard wrote:
tech cheated thier left tackle held every play. watch the replay geek. And yes thier clock management was very stupid
Your an i d i o t.

“Pet me or I'll bite you”

Since: Jul 07

Richardson, Texas

#9 Nov 4, 2008
I saw bad calls on both sides of the ball, didn't really feel it was the best officiated game.

Tech was just more jacked up, and won the first half. UT almost had it at the end...it was dang close. We lost to a good team, no shame, and can still run the table. If Tech trips us and loses to OSU or OU, then we're back in it.

That was a great game, no whining here. Congrats to the Raiders' fans, you were part of that game, you could hear the crowd roar the whole time.

To my Horns brethren, quit whining about the calls, it makes you look like dimocrats.

“Pet me or I'll bite you”

Since: Jul 07

Richardson, Texas

#10 Nov 4, 2008
whoops: **trips up**
jacob

Omaha, NE

#11 Nov 7, 2008
Texas simply should have won. There was a simple miss catch and takle at the end of the game that Texas could have easily won. Texas in my book should still be number one and is still better then anyother team out there. It was a true freshmen that missed the catch and in 3 years hell be dominant.
Texas Dummies

Dallas, TX

#12 Nov 7, 2008
saintpat wrote:
^
Want some cheese to go with that whine????
Texas gave this game away with HORRIBLE clock management on the last UT touchdown drive. Three times they snapped the ball with more than 15 seconds on the play clock. If they simply worked the clock in the last 3-4 plays, Texas Tech would have had 30-45 seconds for the last drive.
Instead, Mr. Heisman-annoited paid no attention to the game situation and acted like he was in a hurry-up, giving Tech time to win the game.
Enjoy it, teasip.
Boy are you right. I have been trying to get the national media to bring this up to show how dumb they were. We have one disagreement though.--- MACK BROWN IS THE BIG DUMMY IN THIS.--- He has shown for years his tactical abilities on the game field.
watevrusaid

Sandy, TX

#13 Nov 30, 2008
Tech_fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over it, Texas lost to the better team. Crying about how holding is legal is a poor attempt at making yourself feel better, I hope it works, because when you wake up tomorrow, Texas still lost.
Thats some pretty big words coming from some who supports a team that HAS NEVER MADE A BCS CHAMPIONSHIP APPEARANCE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graham Harrell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike McCarthy: He should be Coach of the Year (Jan '14) Feb '14 40for60 25
Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson says approach w... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
Bob McGinn: Green Bay getting left behind by NF... (Jan '14) Jan '14 GBPfan 1
Green Bay Packers: Team needs a backup for the ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Battle for backup quarterback job isn't over yet (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 6
Packers cut Graham Harrell; Vince Young moves t... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 1
Jeff Falconio: Packers-Seahawks: Early analysis (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 2
More from around the web