Green Bay Packers: Mike McCarthy sees improvement by Graham Harrell

Aug 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TwinCities

Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy looked well beyond the stat sheet to explain why he saw progress from backup quarterback Graham Harrell on Thursday night, August 23, at Paul Brown Stadium.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

I assume that McCarthy doesn't realize he just insulted Harrell. McCarthy probably thought he was giving Harrell praise. Oops. Calling THAT improvement is actually a slap in the face. Harrell finished with a passer rating of 49.3, completing five of 12 passes for 26 yards. When THAT is improvement, it's time to find a new backup QB.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

It might be time to bring in someone but the other backups have not been playing very well either. It is hard to soar with the eagles when you are surrounded by chickens. I wonder how he looks with the first team O. I hope they have seen something other than the crap we have seen!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

I've seen Harrell badly miss wide open receivers. If Aaron Rodgers gets injured, I'm afraid you will find out it wasn't the "other" guys fault. Of course, by then it will be too late to bring in a good backup.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Graham Harrell Discussions

Search the Graham Harrell Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mike McCarthy: He should be Coach of the Year Feb '14 40for60 25
Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson says approach w... Jan '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
Bob McGinn: Green Bay getting left behind by NF... Jan '14 GBPfan 1
Green Bay Packers: Team needs a backup for the ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Battle for backup quarterback job isn't over yet (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 6
Packers cut Graham Harrell; Vince Young moves t... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 1
Jeff Falconio: Packers-Seahawks: Early analysis (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••