Worthy choice wasn't the right choice

NEW YORK T he Heisman Trophy is supposed to go to the "Most Outstanding Player" in college football. Full Story
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Sherry

United States

#317 Dec 18, 2008
So I guess your opinion is so important you can just make blatant proclamations. Tebow didn't win because he was Tebow? Are you kidding. He got lots of votes because he was Tebow.
This is going to give Tebow motivation? Does that mean he believes he was wronged?
Your orange and blue blinders are obviously showing.
If you had just I think they got it wrong and then stated your case it would have been more impressive, but when you just flat out state they got it wrong its just your Floridian opinion.
Maybe this wll give Sam some motivation too. That you and Tebow think Tebow should have won and that Sam wasn't worthy, especially Tebow's high opinion of himself.
shegoestoOU71

Lawrence, KS

#319 Dec 22, 2008
You make me laugh. In our newspaper there's a feature on the sports page that's a reprint from some sports figure/writer that is too funny not to reprint. You are by the far the most quoted. I often call my husband at work to read them just to give him a laugh (in the world of investments, not much funny going on there). I was a journalism major and, of course, I love the well written story. Again, many times it is your writing that inspires. However, being an OU alum was sorry to read your Tebow beatification. I was, however, impressed by your wisdow of not doing the knee-jerk Florida big time over Oklahoma. I hope we get a good game to take our minds off the awful mess the country is in. Good luck to you with the changes coming at your newspaper. You're a winner...I hope just not for the BCS.
Bill from Columbus

Hilliard, OH

#320 Jan 2, 2009
"Tebow was victimized by being Tebow ..."

REALLY?!?! BEING TEBOW is the only reason he was in the conversation, Mike. When has any QB on a team this side of 1966 with the world-class talent of Florida all over the field won any award with barely 2500 yards passing without rushing for 1000+ yards? Your boy only won last year because of the dearth of great statistical seasons by anyone that didn't play for Hawaii. Well, that and Glenn Dorsey's injured knee. You oughtta just take what you can get and be happy about it.

If you got your wish:

"The Heisman Trophy is supposed to go to the 'Most Outstanding Player' in college football.

It did not Saturday.

It went to the Most Dazzling Passer."

...then Danny Wuerffel's 1996 Heisman would be in Orlando Pace's trophy case.
CLK1

Gotha, FL

#321 Jan 2, 2009
ALL of Gator Nation knows that Tebow is the real winner of the Heisman, but guess what...??? IT DOESN'T MATTER... WHEN Florida Wins the NC then all will be worth it for this year!!! YOU can only take one year at a time, and LAST YEAR TEBOW WAS HANDS Down the BEST Player in the NATION, AND GOT THE HEISMAN, END OF DISCUSSION... NOW THIS YEAR IS ANOTHER STORY, TEBOW WASN'T AS 'FLASHY' as the little-12 qb's so it hurt him otherwise he would have it AGAIN... GO GATORS...

FL-48
OU-17

GO GATORS...

“Gators: 06, 08 Nat'l Champions”

Since: Dec 06

New Port Richey, Florida

#322 Jan 15, 2009
I'll take 24-14 and run with it. I love it. I really do. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graham Harrell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike McCarthy: He should be Coach of the Year (Jan '14) Feb '14 40for60 25
Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson says approach w... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
Bob McGinn: Green Bay getting left behind by NF... (Jan '14) Jan '14 GBPfan 1
Green Bay Packers: Team needs a backup for the ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Battle for backup quarterback job isn't over yet (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 6
Packers cut Graham Harrell; Vince Young moves t... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 1
Jeff Falconio: Packers-Seahawks: Early analysis (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 2
More from around the web