Packers stop Saints

Sep 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston.com

Aaron Rodgers threw a go-ahead touchdown to Jordy Nelson in the fourth quarter, and the Green Bay Packers shook off a week's worth of controversy with a rally to beat the New Orleans Saints 28-27 on Sunday.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 78 of78
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
DA BEARS FAN

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you forgot to answer my question. HOW MUCH BETTER THAN THE 6TH RANKED PASS DEFENSE DO THE PACKERS NEED IN ORDER TO WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS?
Can you actually answer the question this time Nancy? Or do we have to listen to you have another Midol moment? I told you I can help you find some football facts if you don't know how to use your computer that way. Just ask. I won't fault you for trying to improve your football IQ. It's way past time that you do that!
they gave up 377 yards the last game
Reggies Bush

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

DA BEARS FAN wrote:
<quoted text>they gave up 377 yards the last game
Its all good...the Kartrashians gave it up to 377 yards...
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

eric wrote:
<quoted text>You seemed to have disappeared i was wondering if i had to remind you that you won the bet.
Yeah I was away for a while, vacation and traveling 3 weeks in Southern Europe, and then more traveling back to the USA for a funeral after I got back to Finland. I have not had much time for topix since the season started.

I actually missed the opener but I had internet connection in Italy for the Bears game. I watched the Monday night game in the WI, and then got my ‘Game Pass’ running for the Saints game.
The funny thing is packluv created the bet on that game and he didn’t even have the stones to man up and honor his bet. Even better is he came back because he as nowhere else to go!!! LOL! HOW SAD IS THAT.
I expect that from a prepubescent whose balls have not dropped yet. Now he tries to show up as “DA BEARS FAN”, If he plans on being such a little dbag and not honoring the bet he might as well post as packluv, like we don’t know it is him…. What a rtard/Bears fan.

Anywho… all the best should be another fun year.
Raisin Brand

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
a prepubescent whose balls have not dropped yet.
One day his grapes will drop...until then keep them out of the Lambeau Leap....

http://www.totalpackers.com/2012/09/07/stop-g...
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>

I actually missed the opener but I had internet connection in Italy for the Bears game.
You didn't miss much. The 49ers won convincingly, primarily because the Packers couldn't stop the run. The one good thing was the Packers did a good job holding the "new and improved" 49er passing attack in check and put decent pressure on Smith. Until the Saints game, the Packers consistently were putting pressure on opposing QBs and it made a huge difference in the pass defense.

Congratulations on winning the bet. I hope the loser will eventually honor the bet as I'm sure you would have done. What do you expect from a Bear fan? If he didn't lack class, he probably wouldn't be a Bear fan.
eric

Pittsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

I wonder what the Bears will do ( if anything) about the Whiner throwing yet another whiner Cutler moment.Upset about the offensive confusion( because the whiner is the only perfect one out there) he pouts to the bench and when the o coordinator sits next to him to talk,the whiner gets up and walks away.Talk about a dbag.One day i hope Webb ( next time the whiner whines) lets him have it! What a baby this guy is and the real sad part is hes not even a very good qb,Hes not even a top 10 qb,Hes average,hes got a strong arm but the maturity level of a whinning teen,its sad actually
eric

Pittsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I was away for a while, vacation and traveling 3 weeks in Southern Europe, and then more traveling back to the USA for a funeral after I got back to Finland. I have not had much time for topix since the season started.
I actually missed the opener but I had internet connection in Italy for the Bears game. I watched the Monday night game in the WI, and then got my ‘Game Pass’ running for the Saints game.
The funny thing is packluv created the bet on that game and he didn’t even have the stones to man up and honor his bet. Even better is he came back because he as nowhere else to go!!! LOL! HOW SAD IS THAT.
I expect that from a prepubescent whose balls have not dropped yet. Now he tries to show up as “DA BEARS FAN”, If he plans on being such a little dbag and not honoring the bet he might as well post as packluv, like we don’t know it is him…. What a rtard/Bears fan.
Anywho… all the best should be another fun year.
Even more sad is he left after the Bears were embarrassed,like he would respect the bet,then after the refs screwed GB and Chi beat STL and CHI takes a 1 game lead,he comes back crowing.Typical,when GB won the SB,he disappears,comes back the following year as pakluv1 and acts like a Packer fan until the Packers lost to NY in the playoffs,then starts crowing like its better to lose the last 6 and miss the playoffs, then it is to win 15 games and lose in the playoffs ( like the last 7 Defending SB champs).YES,the last 7 Defending SB champs lost their first playoff game the following year but of course its better to lose a whiner,finish 8-8 miss the playoffs then it is to win and lose in the playoffs to the eventual SB champion.Oh well, hes a nice guy when he wants to chat football seriously but sometimes i tell ya....
Reggie 2-2

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

The Pass Defense doesn't have a problem GBP FAN??
Ohh thats right, according to you, sportswriters dont know what there talking and or writing about!
So the following article from a professional that makes his living covering sports knows nothing and you know it all??!! As i said before- you are a clueless nut!!

Found 1 day ago on Fox Sports Wisconsin:

Passing Defense: D Drew Brees absolutely lit up the Packers, throwing for 446 yards and completing 35 of his 54 pass attempts, with three touchdown passes and no interceptions. Wide receiver Marques Colston had a huge game, catching nine passes for 153 yards and one touchdown. Tight end Jimmy Graham was frequently open downfield, hauling in seven throws for 67 yards. The one big mistake by Green Bay's defense was an 80-yard touchdown completion from Brees to rookie Joe Morgan, who only had one catch in his NFL career (a pass for five yards) prior to Sunday's game. The Packers' zone coverage broke down and Morgan had no green and gold jerseys in front of him as he ran towards the endzone. When Brees had a pass tipped in the second half, it was indicative of the Packers' day in the secondary that Tramon Williams and Morgan Burnett collided with each other while going for an easy interception. Both players looked at each other afterwards, making it clear that no one called for it. Those are the types of errors that -- when playing against an offense as explosive as the Saints -- Green Bay's defense just can't make. The theme of the Packers' struggles last season in allowing more passing yards than any team in NFL history was miscommunication. On Sunday, those issues reappeared in a major way. The one redeeming factor of Green Bay's defensive woes in 2011 was that it still created a lot of turnovers. But against New Orleans, the Packers gave up a ton of passing yards while not forcing a single turnover. It is not usually possible to win games like that, so Green Bay may be fortunate to have escaped with the win.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Several points in response to your one article by one writer that adresses a handful of plays in one game:

1) He only gives stats from one game! One game against the team with amazing offensive talent and a record breaking QB! He completely ignored the rest of season in which the Packers passing defense was so amazingly good that even after the Saints game, the Packer pass defense only fell to 6th in the NFL!

2) There were too many big plays and communication errors in that ONE game. However, many teams have had those problems against the Saints. How many of those teams had recently incorporated numerous rookies and other first year players? Aren't communication problems to be predicted by a young inexperienced defense when playing against one of the NFL's most talented offenses led by the NFL's season yardage record holder? Where does the writer acknowledge at all that this was the fourth game by a team with many new and inexperienced contributors?

3) The Packers won! Even if the game hadn't been marred by many mistakes other than those made by the defense, the bottom line is that the performance WAS good enough to win! It's ludicrous to suggest the team can't afford the mistakes when it won. It is even more ludicrous to suggest the game was close because of the pass defense. That completely ignores the Packer points that were lost because of Harrell's fumble or the scoring opportunity given to the Saints because of the fumble or the points the Saints gained because the blatant offensive pass interference was missed or because Sproles was called down by contact when he clearly fumbled.

4) Other than the 80 yard TD pass(set up by the fumble), the Packer defense did a good job in the second half. The Saints never got into the redzone in the second half and were limited to two fieldgoals. The defense was actually a big reason for the win!

5) The point here isn't a handful of defensive mistakes, in a game marred by mistakes. YOU claimed the Packers NEED to improve their pass defense. The Packers pass defense is the 6th best in the NFL right now. How much better than THAT does it need to be? Or are you going to chicken out again Nancy?

Is that all you have Nancy? One stupid writer that doesn't support what YOU said? "Not usually able to win games like that" is not the same as the "the Packers need to improve the pass defense or they can't win in the playoffs" especially when there were MANY other costly mistakes in that game that contributed as much or more to the close score than defensive mistakes.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

It's strange how it went from the entire Green Bay media market, everybody with Fox News and everybody with ESPN agreeing with you to a weak argument that one person agrees with you. Why am I not surprised?

I'm still waiting for anybody to address the FACT that the Packers have the NFL's 6th best pass defense. Do you have any articles where somebody says it needs to be better than that? I already know about last season and I've watched every game this season. So I'm not looking for an article where a sportswriter simply meets his word quota with a description of what I saw myself. Those are a dime a dozen. Can you find anybody that has an opinion based upon the facts of the season. Better yet, put on some pants and try to answer my question yourself. Or don't you have an opinion unless some stupid sportswriter tells you what to think?
Big Bears Fan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Bears won't see the Super Bowl since they suck.
Reggie2-2

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

I made my point in my prior writings so you can go ahead and write away trying to con everyone on here how right you think you are but not me. I will not fall for it.
I gave legit articles from legit pro writers since week one that know there stuff but thats not good enough for you.
Your goal is for me to relent and say hey gbp fan you are right -i and others dont know what we are talking about.Pretty funny -eric on here sees it so i guess it isnt just me and to you One sportswriter now right?
Ive seen plenty of other people feel the same way i can name names and show you what they wrote but for what? For you to say ohh no its like this and write a novel explaining why they are wrong and you are right??
So you just keep on trying your best to win over as many people as you can- try real hard but i am not a LEMMING..(i'm sure you'll be looking that word up in the dictionary to figure out what that means)

By the way- update your name calling - Nancy is old there Frank.Pick a newer Tv show
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Neither you or your one sportswriter has explained how much better than the 6th ranked pass defense is needed by the Packers. Are you morons going to still be complaining that the pass defense needs to improve if the Packer pass defense reaches the number 1 ranking?

Any idiot can say a part of the team needs to improve. The running game needs to improve. The passing game needs to improve. The run defense needs to improve. The punting unit needs to improve. The kickoff unit needs to improve. The punting and kickoff return units need to improve. However, it's stupid to say such things if you are completely unaware if those units have improved or not. YOU are stupid, because you obviously know nothing about the Packer pass defense. It HAS improved! It went from 32nd ranked last season to 6th ranked this season. I'm sorry you haven't noticed the improvement. People like you and the one idiot sportswriter that told you what to believe clearly should know that the NFL keeps statistics for people like you that can't recognize what you are seeing.

Let me know if you ever grow a pair of balls. Then I'll ask you again to explain how much more improvement is needed by the Packer pass defense. Until then I'll chalk your girlish whining down to a menstrual symptom.
Farmers Market

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Growing and cultivating balls is a hobby of Jay....
Reggie2-2

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

so i guess then eric is an idiot too?? you just called him an idiot because he sees it.i guess fox sports wisconsin is an idiot- i guess other people on here and other forum websites that people see it are idiots too??!!
Now whos the idiot??!!
Reggie2-2

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

packer backer wichita ks wrote:
The Packers did defend the run pretty well which is good to see. As far as the Packers #6 rated pass defense their first 3 games were against what I would consider 2 average qbs and the 3rd game against a rookie. In Drew Brees you have one of the top 5 qbs in the NFL. I see no reason why any Packer fan should not be concerned about the Packer pass defense. Look at the stats when they went up against a top 5 qb. GBPfan if you think that this is panicking so be it. I think what we are seeing is not good and this could again be the achilles' heel of the Packers if it is not remedied. This is shaping up to be 2010 all over again and it would be great if the Packers hit their stride and play the way they are capable. As GBPfan has said numerous times this is a team game. We all get this. But to almost everyone who is paid to understand the NFL they see the Packer pass defense as being their weak link. As far as Indy this team worries me. They will be intense and fired up, especially of the bad news of what is happening with their head coach to whom I wish a speed recovery and treatment. As we know playing on the road is tough so if the Packers protect the ball and play as they did this last game offensively they should be fine.
Hey GBP Fan i guess packer backer is an idiot too ??!! He sees it - and the list grows it.
Now whos the idiot??!!!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Reggie2-2 wrote:
so i guess then eric is an idiot too?? you just called him an idiot because he sees it.i guess fox sports wisconsin is an idiot- i guess other people on here and other forum websites that people see it are idiots too??!!
Now whos the idiot??!!
No, eric commented on one game. He is well aware that the Packer pass defense has improved. He was concerned about the big plays that the Packers did allow but he doesn't base his opinions on ignorance of the Packers like you. I don't mean to put words in his mouth. Ask him yourself. I bet he doesn't feel that the Packer pass defense needs to be better than the 6th ranked in the NFL. And I know he is aware of the offseason moves to improve the pass defense. He sees that they have produced results. And I believe he has confidence, if players stay relatively healthy, that the Packers pass defense will finish this season much better than it finished last season. Contrary to your belief, eric is not ignorant about the Packers like you. If you think otherwise, ask him.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Reggie2-2 wrote:
packer backer wichita ks wrote:
The Packers did defend the run pretty well which is good to see. As far as the Packers #6 rated pass defense their first 3 games were against what I would consider 2 average qbs and the 3rd game against a rookie. In Drew Brees you have one of the top 5 qbs in the NFL. I see no reason why any Packer fan should not be concerned about the Packer pass defense. Look at the stats when they went up against a top 5 qb. GBPfan if you think that this is panicking so be it. I think what we are seeing is not good and this could again be the achilles' heel of the Packers if it is not remedied. This is shaping up to be 2010 all over again and it would be great if the Packers hit their stride and play the way they are capable. As GBPfan has said numerous times this is a team game. We all get this. But to almost everyone who is paid to understand the NFL they see the Packer pass defense as being their weak link. As far as Indy this team worries me. They will be intense and fired up, especially of the bad news of what is happening with their head coach to whom I wish a speed recovery and treatment. As we know playing on the road is tough so if the Packers protect the ball and play as they did this last game offensively they should be fine.
Hey GBP Fan i guess packer backer is an idiot too ??!! He sees it - and the list grows it.
Now whos the idiot??!!!
He specifically acknowledged the good games by the Packer pass defense. It's fair enough to question if the stats were skewed because of the particular teams and QBs faced, but he didn't say the Packers NEED to improve the pass defense or they can't win. He voiced a concern over whether the improvement reflected in the stats is for real. That is also fair. I never said that there wasn't a PERCEPTION that the Packer pass defense is a weakness, nor did I say the coaching staff should be unconcerned. However, the coaching staff IS concerned and has made steps to improve the pass defense as indicated by the stats. Plus he wasn't an ignorant smartass punk. He provided an intelligent response which is something you have yet to even attempt Nancy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 78 of78
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Graham Harrell Discussions

Search the Graham Harrell Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mike McCarthy: He should be Coach of the Year Feb '14 40for60 25
Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson says approach w... Jan '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
Bob McGinn: Green Bay getting left behind by NF... Jan '14 GBPfan 1
Green Bay Packers: Team needs a backup for the ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Battle for backup quarterback job isn't over yet (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 6
Packers cut Graham Harrell; Vince Young moves t... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 1
Jeff Falconio: Packers-Seahawks: Early analysis (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••