Tim Tebow wins Maxwell award, no lock...

Tim Tebow wins Maxwell award, no lock for Heisman

There are 30 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 11, 2008, titled Tim Tebow wins Maxwell award, no lock for Heisman. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Nobody should keep Gator fans away from Tim Tebow . Not even Mickey Mouse . As Tebow arrived for the Home Depot College Football Awards show Thursday night at the Disney Boardwalk resort, he got a hero's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Go Noles

Longwood, FL

#30 Dec 12, 2008
Congrats to Graham Gano on winning the Groza Award.
Hunter

Miami, FL

#31 Dec 12, 2008
FloridaSucksTebowSlallows wrote:
<quoted text>
1.So what if Bob Greesey got beat by Steve Spurrier in the Heisman running, Bob Greesey has 3 super bowl rings as apposed to Steve Spurier who not only has 0 super bowl rings, but also 0 playoff appearances as an NFL player and head coach.
So again, Tim Tebow may be good in college. But as far as I'm concerned in the NFL he is a bust waiting to happen just like Steve Spurrier & Chris Leak.
2.Florida will never ever win another NCAA Basketball title. And the only reason Florida won 2 strait mens B-Ball titles, is because their coach got lucky off one recruit class with Joekim Noah about the worlds biggest ****. And speaking the Florida Mens basketball program, hows Joekim Noah and Torrian Green doing setting the bench and watching Brad Miller and Carl Landry score to win games? And how bout them Gators failing to make what was it the NIT last season. Hell I bet they do the exact same this season.
PS.
How bout that Purdue QB showdown last night between Da Bears and Saints. I bet 2 Florida QB's never have and never will square off against one and other in an NFL game expecially one like the game last night.
The Gators have more players on one team than Purdue has in the whole NFL. Don't even compare! And when was the last time Purdue even played for a NCAA bball championship?
Pete

Round Rock, TX

#32 Dec 12, 2008
so WHO did OJ vote for??? hahahaha
Madcow

United States

#33 Dec 12, 2008
Tebow is a good guy! I really enjoyed watching his acceptance speech for the Disney Spirit Award last night. A cool article written by a humble Buckeye fan at http://scottdavisanderson.com/blog/...

Since: Sep 07

Greensboro, NC

#34 Dec 16, 2008
To all you haters that come on here and say; "He'll never make it in the pros..." - GET OVER IT!!! WHO REALLY CARES about the next level? In case you hadn't noticed - this is a forum dedicated to the FLORIDA GATORS!!! We are focusing on the present & the NC. We are focusing on how this young man carries himself through his college career & his time as UF's QB. I for one, could care less whether he makes it at the next level. I can not stand to watch the pros - they are BORING. It's ALL about the college sports. GET A LIFE! Oh, wait, you probably have no life b/c your team probably s u c k s & so you feel the need to fill a void in your life by spreading negativity about a young man that has been nothing but a great roll model for our youth, broken numerous stats, won many awards including the first sophomore to win the Heisman, etc. REALLY?!? If the ONLY negative thing that you can come up with is; "He'll never make it in the pros", well then I'm OK with that. GO GATORS!!
Hunter

New Orleans, LA

#36 Dec 16, 2008
G8RDAVE wrote:
To all you haters that come on here and say; "He'll never make it in the pros..." - GET OVER IT!!! WHO REALLY CARES about the next level? In case you hadn't noticed - this is a forum dedicated to the FLORIDA GATORS!!! We are focusing on the present & the NC. We are focusing on how this young man carries himself through his college career & his time as UF's QB. I for one, could care less whether he makes it at the next level. I can not stand to watch the pros - they are BORING. It's ALL about the college sports. GET A LIFE! Oh, wait, you probably have no life b/c your team probably s u c k s & so you feel the need to fill a void in your life by spreading negativity about a young man that has been nothing but a great roll model for our youth, broken numerous stats, won many awards including the first sophomore to win the Heisman, etc. REALLY?!? If the ONLY negative thing that you can come up with is; "He'll never make it in the pros", well then I'm OK with that. GO GATORS!!
You're right Dave! Tebow has accomplished more in 20 short years than most of these bums could ever dream about accomplishing in their entire miserable lives! He will be a success in whatever he decides to do, football or otherwise! He is a winner, no matter how you look at it.

Since: Sep 07

Greensboro, NC

#37 Dec 17, 2008
Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>You're right Dave! Tebow has accomplished more in 20 short years than most of these bums could ever dream about accomplishing in their entire miserable lives! He will be a success in whatever he decides to do, football or otherwise! He is a winner, no matter how you look at it.
Thanks Hunter. These haters really need to get a life! You know whay their are on here? It's becuase their collective teams have not done much recently, so they are jealous! How do they use that jealousy, by picking on Tim. Tebow has more class & integrity in his pinkie, than all these haters combined.
cat2008

Hamburg, NJ

#38 Dec 26, 2008
yeagators wrote:
1st......The ESPN show last night was terrific and showed how much respect Tim has nationally from his opponents, to opposing coaches etc....
He truly trancends sports....
OK haters..
your turn..
tebow should have won the Heisman again!!!!
CLK1

Astor, FL

#39 Dec 26, 2008
Yes, we all know that Tim got more 1st Place votes than the rest, and got snubbed by the Little 12, but guess what, its OK. TIM will show everyone on the 8th of January whats what...! His teammates and himself are tired of the disrespect that the Gators get from the press, and the rest as they did 2 years ago, they shall overcome it all and Urban will have this team ready to destroy, as they did then, they will do again... And for those 'haters', what for it,,, wait for it...

Gators - 48
Ou - 17

GO GATORS...!!!
Purdue who

Mary Esther, FL

#40 Dec 28, 2008
Who's the idiot Purdue fan bragging about their QB's in the NFL? Here's one for you, there's a school out there that beats Purdue's @ss every single year, and they currently have more players on a NFL roster than any other school. I think Brent Musberger said it best in Nov 2002....Holy......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graham Harrell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike McCarthy: He should be Coach of the Year (Jan '14) Feb '14 40for60 25
News Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson says approach w... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
News Bob McGinn: Green Bay getting left behind by NF... (Jan '14) Jan '14 GBPfan 1
News Green Bay Packers: Team needs a backup for the ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Battle for backup quarterback job isn't over yet (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News Packers cut Graham Harrell; Vince Young moves t... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 1
News Jeff Falconio: Packers-Seahawks: Early analysis (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 2
More from around the web