Tim Tebow wins Maxwell award, no lock...

Tim Tebow wins Maxwell award, no lock for Heisman

There are 30 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 11, 2008, titled Tim Tebow wins Maxwell award, no lock for Heisman. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Nobody should keep Gator fans away from Tim Tebow . Not even Mickey Mouse . As Tebow arrived for the Home Depot College Football Awards show Thursday night at the Disney Boardwalk resort, he got a hero's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yeagators

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Dec 12, 2008
1st......The ESPN show last night was terrific and showed how much respect Tim has nationally from his opponents, to opposing coaches etc....

He truly trancends sports....

OK haters..

your turn..
Joe

Brentwood, TN

#2 Dec 12, 2008
Tebow, Bradford, and McCoy are all athletes that their universities and fans can be proud of, for their performance on the field, and their behavior off the field.
marko

Orlando, FL

#4 Dec 12, 2008
whats the heisman stand for? they send mixed messages!
is it stats,if so then graham harrold is the guy!
if it is about winning and leadership and a guy who does anything and everything to win,then tebo is your best player hands down!
marko

Orlando, FL

#5 Dec 12, 2008
tebo is all time greatest college football player ever,ever! he does it all,his leadership,tuffness,talent,wil l to win,smartness.
marko

Orlando, FL

#6 Dec 12, 2008
tebo can pass,run ,block,make audibles,motivate his teamates,make things happen when under pressure!
makes others better around him,etc...can go on and on..
better than you

Chipley, FL

#7 Dec 12, 2008
It's T-E-B-O-W.
Troy

Palm Coast, FL

#8 Dec 12, 2008
A lot of Heisman Voters put stock on the positive student-athlete image and role model status. On top of being a QB with big stats, Tebow is also an Academic All-American and active in humanitarian / community service.

I'm not sure what McCoy and Bradford have accomplished off the field, but I have never heard any negative things about them off the field.

If the Heisman Trophy is all about game day stats, wins, and performance, then why didn't Peter Warrick and Colt Brennan win Heisman Trophies.
Pete

Texarkana, AR

#9 Dec 12, 2008
For everyone giving props and consolation to Texas, what about Tech?

Texas Tech had a phenomenal year. The 11-1 season is one for the books in Lubbock. I realize it doesn't mean much to non-tech alumni but I sincerely feel kicked while I am down with all the hate for the program. Such lack of respect.
I could be referring to the BCS, Big 12, Heisman, Maxwell, and OíBrien and such. But really we never cared about that until this year. It just happened to be the year of the three way tie. We aren't whining. But come on, why rub everything in?
Texas gets so much love. They get all this charity attention and press' apologetic favor. Tech is a good school. The kids there are good kids. The team is the best we have had since before I ever went there in the 90s. I only wish that the DJs, reporters, and bloggers would leave the comments to themselves.
Itís not fair that Tech receives the least respect of ANY of the top 10 one loss teams.
You should be ashamed of yourselves.

It must have bee a tough night at the awards for Graham Harrell. He sat there, happy with his Golden Arm award, being chastised by the political and BCS rated agendas about the Heisman, Maxwell, Big 12, Oklahoma letdowns. Seriously, Leach and the rest of the team surely would have still been proud of their season. But you have all the negative about ONE game (yes a very bad loss) and it never ends. Very few have expressed a subjective view on Tech's side. It is such a disgrace to college football that the whole nation can't move passed the Longhorn's point of view.
Give credit to the Red Raiders. They earned every bit of respect and success that any other team that played their hearts out had.
Stop the hate. Itís awfully disgraceful.
yeagators

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Dec 12, 2008
FloridaSucksTibowSlallows wrote:
So what Tibow sucks and is highly overrated.
I can't wait to see him git his **** beat by Oklahoma in the BCS!!!!!!!!!!
Then I can't wait till next year when Tibow goes into the NFL draft and becomes a huge **** bust just like John David Booty and pretty much all the rest of the USC QB 's!!!!!!!!!!
Who's Tibow???? Must be a bitter ND fan..
better than you

Chipley, FL

#11 Dec 12, 2008
yeagators wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's Tibow???? Must be a bitter ND fan..
I don't know either...but I heard he was somehow related to that Tebo guy.
Pete

Texarkana, AR

#18 Dec 12, 2008
i give my props to all the other team in the top 10, except maybe USC (easy sked)
i wouldn't take anything away from them. i only wish there was less bad press on my team
better than you

Chipley, FL

#19 Dec 12, 2008
FloridaSucksTebowSlallows wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I'd take Tech over Florida any day of the week.
Jealous.
GO GATORS

Palm Coast, FL

#20 Dec 12, 2008
<quoted text>
I'm not a ND fan, I'm a Purdue fan. I'm just sick and tired of Florida always being good, becasue I like the Big 10 in the bowl games!!!!!!!!!!
And just for the record, if Purdue were in a temperate tropical climate and payed their players to go to college like Florida. I bet they would be contenders for the BCS every year too.
PS.
Even though this is off topic Billy Dunivan is a **** who would get smashed by Purdue's basket ball team if he played them if he ever played them.
And have fun watching your Gators and Tim Tebow get smashed by OU worst then the Illinois Illini (my second fav. team) got smashed by USC is their bowl game last season!!!!!!!!!!
A bitter Purdue fan who is still upset that Steve Spurrier beat out Bob Griese for the Heisman in 1966 and for Purdue's second round loss to the Men's Gator Basketball team in the 2007 NCAA tournament.
better than you

Chipley, FL

#21 Dec 12, 2008
<quoted text>
He won't do that against OU or in the NFL!!!!!!!
I bet Tim Tebow gets cut in training camp when it comes time for the draft in 2 years just like all the rest of the overrated Florida QB's.
How did you do in training camp?
caring is needed

Jupiter, FL

#23 Dec 12, 2008
Pete wrote:
For everyone giving props and consolation to Texas, what about Tech?
Texas Tech had a phenomenal year. The 11-1 season is one for the books in Lubbock. I realize it doesn't mean much to non-tech alumni but I sincerely feel kicked while I am down with all the hate for the program. Such lack of respect.
I could be referring to the BCS, Big 12, Heisman, Maxwell, and OíBrien and such. But really we never cared about that until this year. It just happened to be the year of the three way tie. We aren't whining. But come on, why rub everything in?
Texas gets so much love. They get all this charity attention and press' apologetic favor. Tech is a good school. The kids there are good kids. The team is the best we have had since before I ever went there in the 90s. I only wish that the DJs, reporters, and bloggers would leave the comments to themselves.
Itís not fair that Tech receives the least respect of ANY of the top 10 one loss teams.
You should be ashamed of yourselves.
It must have bee a tough night at the awards for Graham Harrell. He sat there, happy with his Golden Arm award, being chastised by the political and BCS rated agendas about the Heisman, Maxwell, Big 12, Oklahoma letdowns. Seriously, Leach and the rest of the team surely would have still been proud of their season. But you have all the negative about ONE game (yes a very bad loss) and it never ends. Very few have expressed a subjective view on Tech's side. It is such a disgrace to college football that the whole nation can't move passed the Longhorn's point of view.
Give credit to the Red Raiders. They earned every bit of respect and success that any other team that played their hearts out had.
Stop the hate. Itís awfully disgraceful.
Nobody 'hates' TX Tech.You lost-big-to another team that thrashed you decisively. That's all. Be glad for the wins, and better luck next yr.
FloridaSucksTebo wSlallows

Utica, KY

#24 Dec 12, 2008
GO GATORS wrote:
<quoted text>
A bitter Purdue fan who is still upset that Steve Spurrier beat out Bob Griese for the Heisman in 1966 and for Purdue's second round loss to the Men's Gator Basketball team in the 2007 NCAA tournament.
1.So what if Bob Greesey got beat by Steve Spurrier in the Heisman running, Bob Greesey has 3 super bowl rings as apposed to Steve Spurier who not only has 0 super bowl rings, but also 0 playoff appearances as an NFL player and head coach.

So again, Tim Tebow may be good in college. But as far as I'm concerned in the NFL he is a bust waiting to happen just like Steve Spurrier & Chris Leak.

2.Florida will never ever win another NCAA Basketball title. And the only reason Florida won 2 strait mens B-Ball titles, is because their coach got lucky off one recruit class with Joekim Noah about the worlds biggest Asshole. And speaking the Florida Mens basketball program, hows Joekim Noah and Torrian Green doing setting the bench and watching Brad Miller and Carl Landry score to win games? And how bout them Gators failing to make what was it the NIT last season. Hell I bet they do the exact same this season.

PS.
How bout that Purdue QB showdown last night between Da Bears and Saints. I bet 2 Florida QB's never have and never will square off against one and other in an NFL game expecially one like the game last night.
better than you

Chipley, FL

#25 Dec 12, 2008
<quoted text>
1.So what if Bob Greesey got beat by Steve Spurrier in the Heisman running, Bob Greesey has 3 super bowl rings as apposed to Steve Spurier who not only has 0 super bowl rings, but also 0 playoff appearances as an NFL player and head coach.
So again, Tim Tebow may be good in college. But as far as I'm concerned in the NFL he is a bust waiting to happen just like Steve Spurrier & Chris Leak.
2.Florida will never ever win another NCAA Basketball title. And the only reason Florida won 2 strait mens B-Ball titles, is because their coach got lucky off one recruit class with Joekim Noah about the worlds biggest Asshole. And speaking the Florida Mens basketball program, hows Joekim Noah and Torrian Green doing setting the bench and watching Brad Miller and Carl Landry score to win games? And how bout them Gators failing to make what was it the NIT last season. Hell I bet they do the exact same this season.
PS.
How bout that Purdue QB showdown last night between Da Bears and Saints. I bet 2 Florida QB's never have and never will square off against one and other in an NFL game expecially one like the game last night.
Why don't you go to the Purdue or NFL board. This is the NCAA Football board. Tebow and the Gators are in the NC and that pisses you off, huh?
Pete

Texarkana, AR

#27 Dec 12, 2008
caring is needed wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody 'hates' TX Tech.You lost-big-to another team that thrashed you decisively. That's all. Be glad for the wins, and better luck next yr.
indeed. i give my props to all the other team in the top 10, except maybe USC (easy sked)
i wouldn't take anything away from them. i only wish there was less bad press on my team
GO GATORS

Palm Coast, FL

#28 Dec 12, 2008
<quoted text>
2.Florida will never ever win another NCAA Basketball title. And the only reason Florida won 2 strait mens B-Ball titles, is because their coach got lucky off one recruit class with Joekim Noah about the worlds biggest ****. And speaking the Florida Mens basketball program, hows Joekim Noah and Torrian Green doing setting the bench and watching Brad Miller and Carl Landry score to win games? And how bout them Gators failing to make what was it the NIT last season. Hell I bet they do the exact same this season.
PS.
The Heisman trophy goes to the best player in college football, not the best NFL prospect.
College football or basketball championship teams do no always consist of the team with the most NFL / NBA first rounders.

Steve Spurrier may not have been a successful NFL player or coach, but he is a successful college football player and coach. Only person to win the Heisman and coach a Heisman winner.

Outside of Corey Brewer, the rest of the teammates who consisted on the 2006 & 2007 Gator Hoops national championship were not highly recruited players (e.g. J. Noah, A. Horford, L. Humphrey, T. Green, C. Richards, & W. Hodge).

The fact that the Gators are able to win conference and national championships with players who are not NFL / NBA Hall of Fame material is a complement to their coaching and teamwork.

I don't recall Tom Brady and Peyton Manning winning many championships in college. If Purdue would of had some better coaching and team play to go with those future NFL QB's, maybe they would have fielded better TEAMS.
GO GATORS

Palm Coast, FL

#29 Dec 12, 2008
<quoted text>
Hey, I'd take Tech over Florida any day of the week.
I'll take Charlie the Hut and Irish any day over TURDUE!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graham Harrell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike McCarthy: He should be Coach of the Year (Jan '14) Feb '14 40for60 25
News Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson says approach w... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
News Bob McGinn: Green Bay getting left behind by NF... (Jan '14) Jan '14 GBPfan 1
News Green Bay Packers: Team needs a backup for the ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Battle for backup quarterback job isn't over yet (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News Packers cut Graham Harrell; Vince Young moves t... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 1
News Jeff Falconio: Packers-Seahawks: Early analysis (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 2
More from around the web