Alabama Stays No. 1, Texas Tech No. 2...

Alabama Stays No. 1, Texas Tech No. 2 in College Football's BCS Standings

There are 26 comments on the Bloomberg Business News story from Nov 14, 2008, titled Alabama Stays No. 1, Texas Tech No. 2 in College Football's BCS Standings. In it, Bloomberg Business News reports that:

The University of Alabama and Texas Tech remained first and second in college football's Bowl Championship Series standings, while previous-No. 3 Penn State's chance to compete for the national title was ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg Business News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#21 Nov 23, 2008
Pete wrote:
Good job dominating Tech.
Though they didn't look it, they are a wonderful team
they are a fun team to watch !! they can score from anywhere on the field !!! one loss ain't that bad Pete a win next week and a nice bowl trip would top off a great year !!! 119 teams and TT is one of the best !!!!
BAMA LUVA

United States

#22 Nov 24, 2008
Pete wrote:
Good job dominating Tech.
Though they didn't look it, they are a wonderful team
That was a good game. Im glad Oklahoma beat Tech. I havent see the AP Poll since the game. Have you????? ;)
Pete

Texarkana, AR

#23 Nov 28, 2008
My main concern is how the BCS screwed Tech back into UT/OU shadows. At the end of the season, all three teams assumed to be 11-1 are equal in records.
I know we lost to OU. Big time. Still, the records show that our boys accomplished 10 games in a row. Better in streak than UT/OU and identical record.
Come on. Tech was #6 when we beat UT at #1. Now we are #7.

The Big 12 needs a playoff in event of 3way ties. Still the problem is: 3 teams in one game?

Cotton Bowl games used to be cool back the SWC days. Now, Tech vs LSU just doesn’t seem so great of a matchup. Even Ol Miss, who beat Florida and almost beat Alabama, carries a 7-4 record.
11-1 doesn’t mean anything if you are up against two powerhouse ex champion teams in your conference of equal standing?
AngelFan

North Chicago, IL

#24 Nov 29, 2008
So, Alabama is still no.1. and not lost a game. This is so sad because everyone knows how SCARED they would be if they had to play the USC Trojans. Only because Troy plays a pair of atrocius teams in Notre Dame and the Bruins is Alabama escaping an automatic defeat. That's the only sad truth. Enjoy your championship even as SC lays 80-0, 74-3 beat downs to end the season.
Pete

Texarkana, AR

#25 Nov 29, 2008
USC is not scary.
Neither is Alabama really. If only Texas, Tech or Oklahoma all had chances to play Alabama Florida and USC in regular season games.
Final records of all teams would be badly bruised by losses.
SEC would learn that Big 12 has what it takes to compete.
BAMA LUVA

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#26 Nov 30, 2008
Roll Tide! 12-0!!!!!!!!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graham Harrell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike McCarthy: He should be Coach of the Year (Jan '14) Feb '14 40for60 25
News Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson says approach w... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing bear Fan 5
News Bob McGinn: Green Bay getting left behind by NF... (Jan '14) Jan '14 GBPfan 1
News Green Bay Packers: Team needs a backup for the ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Battle for backup quarterback job isn't over yet (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News Packers cut Graham Harrell; Vince Young moves t... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 1
News Jeff Falconio: Packers-Seahawks: Early analysis (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 2
More from around the web