With key game coming up Saturday, Sem...

With key game coming up Saturday, Seminoles need to regroup

There are 22 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Sep 21, 2008, titled With key game coming up Saturday, Seminoles need to regroup. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

LET'S LOOK AHEAD: Florida State will need to regroup after a debilitating 12-3 loss against Wake Forest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Capt Ben

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#1 Sep 22, 2008
Thank you Andrew, God is good and I'm most grateful for no serious injuries. I suspect Christian and D'vo were too pumped for this game. Their over throws are evidence of it. I know they both played their hearts out and won't be down on themselves for long. If true Nole fans would support them in their efforts not seeking any opportunity critize their every failing we could be part of the solution. Coach Andrews is the best! He and his staff energized our defense. Skinner is thankful he doesn't have to play against them again. My concern is simple, can our team learn from their many mistakes resulting in penalties. Penalities killed all the drives that could have given us a victory. Corey [whom I admire] needs to run stadium seats, pledging to God and man, he want do illegal blocks again. All in all it was a good game in that we always seem to learn more from mistakes and losses than from victories. Please continue to pray with me for no serious injuries to anyone. Go Noles, Go McCain/Palin and God bless the USA
Also, I ask all true Nole fans to not respond to hateful posting. If we ignore it we can use our time to bless the Lord and our Noles.
Which Is It

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Sep 22, 2008
So the question of the week is .... is Wake Forest really that good or .... is FSU still really that bad? I saw a very undisciplined team play. Mistakes were many. Look at how the backs carried the ball, no control. The passing, enough said. As a long time FSU fan, I was very dissapointed with Jimbo and Bobby. There were no adjustments to the WF superior defense.

FSU Fan

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Sep 22, 2008
i think it was a combo of both...Wake obviously has some real good talent on defense, particularly in the secondary. the players from florida all matured and have blossomed into good football players. these 18 year old were no match for them. they were undisciplined and playing on too much emotion...defense can play well that way...offense cannot. the INT's were all on throws of 20-30 yards downfield on a scramle. hopefully they will take the 4 yards and live for another play. glad to see Gano back and the defense played well, but not spectacular. got lucky on a few long passes and the turnover on the 1 by wake. hopefully this week they will correct the mistakes and got that hype out of their systems.
correctsir

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Sep 22, 2008
how in the waning moments of the game with a win still a possibility do you not give your 5th year QB a chance. The other two were ineffective at the end of the game, but you still had a chance to win. I know he is not Jimbo's guy and I still beleive Ponder should be the starter, but at that point w/ 4 ints between them gyive him a shot at winning it. He could not have done any worse. You played two QBs why not Three?
A E Banks

Saint Petersburg, FL

#6 Sep 22, 2008
Capt Ben wrote:
Thank you Andrew, God is good and I'm most grateful for no serious injuries. I suspect Christian and D'vo were too pumped for this game. Their over throws are evidence of it. I know they both played their hearts out and won't be down on themselves for long. If true Nole fans would support them in their efforts not seeking any opportunity critize their every failing we could be part of the solution. Coach Andrews is the best! He and his staff energized our defense. Skinner is thankful he doesn't have to play against them again. My concern is simple, can our team learn from their many mistakes resulting in penalties. Penalities killed all the drives that could have given us a victory. Corey [whom I admire] needs to run stadium seats, pledging to God and man, he want do illegal blocks again. All in all it was a good game in that we always seem to learn more from mistakes and losses than from victories. Please continue to pray with me for no serious injuries to anyone. Go Noles, Go McCain/Palin and God bless the USA
Also, I ask all true Nole fans to not respond to hateful posting. If we ignore it we can use our time to bless the Lord and our Noles.
Capt Ben, why are you so hateful towards Cory by blaming him instead of Bowden? How do you know Bowden does not teach the players to make illegal blocks and try to injure others? Why don't you suggest Bowden run stadium steps and pray for integrity? Bowden's gut is so big he can't see his shoes and the running might benefit him.
LSU FAN

Lafayette, LA

#7 Sep 22, 2008
You have Jimbo Fisher...there's your problem. Glad he is no longer at LSU. His QB choice was always JaMarcus Russell...what a failure in the NFL! Good luck Noles.
Capt Ben

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#8 Sep 22, 2008
Dear correctsir, You have nailed it! I suspect Drew is being led out to pasture while Jimbo grooms Ponder and D'vo for the future. I hope someone tells him and soon that Drew has "experience". Please help me share that a q/b doesn't win or lose a game all by himself. I've seen way too many well thrown balls dropped by guys who thump their chests when they hold on to some. I've seen Drew run like a bulldozier too. Anyway, lets rejoice that we have an excellent chance for a win on national TV in our next game. I believe we will win it [if] we eliminate the stupid penalities. I'm believing for a win! Go Noles, Go McCain/Palin and God bless the USA "We are in real trouble now in America."
FSU Fan

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Sep 22, 2008
A E Banks wrote:
<quoted text>Capt Ben, why are you so hateful towards Cory by blaming him instead of Bowden? How do you know Bowden does not teach the players to make illegal blocks and try to injure others? Why don't you suggest Bowden run stadium steps and pray for integrity? Bowden's gut is so big he can't see his shoes and the running might benefit him.
so bowden is the only fat coach in america? i KNOW that bowden doesn't teach his players to make illegal blocks. that is really stupid. its one thing when the D-line coach tells his guys to "hit" the QB, but not even in the same ballpark as a receiver trying to injure someone. no coach in their right mind would teach to get a penalty! to top it off...bowden doesn't coach or teach during practice! he is in a tower 100 feet up...which requires him to climb steps. so he is punishing himself everyday at practice!
A E Banks

Saint Petersburg, FL

#12 Sep 22, 2008
FSU Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
so bowden is the only fat coach in america? i KNOW that bowden doesn't teach his players to make illegal blocks. that is really stupid. its one thing when the D-line coach tells his guys to "hit" the QB, but not even in the same ballpark as a receiver trying to injure someone. no coach in their right mind would teach to get a penalty! to top it off...bowden doesn't coach or teach during practice! he is in a tower 100 feet up...which requires him to climb steps. so he is punishing himself everyday at practice!
Have you ever thought that Bowden isn't in his right mind.
nole4life

Miami, FL

#14 Sep 22, 2008
Capt Ben, are you actually serious in your endorsement of McCain and Palin or is this just a joke? If a joke, that is really funny; if not, I fear for this Country.
A E Banks

Saint Petersburg, FL

#15 Sep 22, 2008
If Capt Ben would only open his mind to the truth he would realize McCain curses and uses profanity regularly and is not a christian man.He also had a nasty divorse. The person Capt Ben should support is Bob Barr but I'm afraid Capt Ben is not a very stable person just like Bowden.
A E Banks

Saint Petersburg, FL

#16 Sep 22, 2008
FSU Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know that Bowden doesn't teach illegal blocks that might hurt the opposing team's players then why did Corry use the same block twice on the same player?
Capt Ben

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#17 Sep 22, 2008
Dear Nole4life, Barrack Obama has never ever governed anything, nothing at all. I fear for our military who defend us 24/7. If you value your family and loved ones compare his military experience against John McCain, a man who has suffered for his country and loves it exceedingly. I trust him with my 7 grandkids for he has met the enemy and defeated it. He is not perfect, no one is but Jesus. Sarah Palin has an excellent record of reforming her city and state of Alaska. She is the real deal and will be far more prepared to take McCain's place than Joe Biden if something bad should happen to Obama. He has never governed anything either. Sitting on his rear end in congress has only taught him how to work the system for his own gain. I would be upset to see Obama and Biden at the helm of America. I am now 70 and before long will go home to be with my Heavenly Father. My little grandchildren are at risk now even before this election is determined. I hope you will consider all the qualifications of the candidates before you vote. May God bless you and your family. And the USA!
A E Banks

Saint Petersburg, FL

#19 Sep 22, 2008
Capt Ben, how would you like to put your grandchildren in front of McCain and have him use profanity at them and explain how divorse is okay? Bob Barr is the only man of God running for president.
jbnole13

United States

#20 Sep 22, 2008
I'm going to try and bring this conversation back to the Seminoles. I am in the same line of thought with previous posts on why Drew Weatherford isn't getting game time. Is he that much in Fisher's doghouse that he doesn't get to feast on 2 sub-division teams before opening up the ACC schedule at home as a 5th year senior? I think that Bobby should realize that the rotating QB experiment that started 5+ years ago with Rix/Mchperson, Rix/Sexton, Weatherford/Lee, et al. just hasn't worked. Isn't it worth a shot to let the senior end his career the right way while Ponder & Richardson learn from the sidelines which had been successful for the Nole's for over a decade?
FSU Fan

Pompano Beach, FL

#21 Sep 22, 2008
A E Banks wrote:
<quoted text>If you know that Bowden doesn't teach illegal blocks that might hurt the opposing team's players then why did Corry use the same block twice on the same player?
funny b/c the player or coach never complained it was a dirty hit...its called a cut block...o-lineman do it all the time...you act like he is the only one to do it...also...you apparently didn't read the article about him..he is a new man and very green on the field. did you see the block ricky williams threw on rodney harrison in the phins-pats game?? was that dirty or a penalty? no! next!!!
A E Banks

Saint Petersburg, FL

#22 Sep 22, 2008
jbnole13 wrote:
I'm going to try and bring this conversation back to the Seminoles. I am in the same line of thought with previous posts on why Drew Weatherford isn't getting game time. Is he that much in Fisher's doghouse that he doesn't get to feast on 2 sub-division teams before opening up the ACC schedule at home as a 5th year senior? I think that Bobby should realize that the rotating QB experiment that started 5+ years ago with Rix/Mchperson, Rix/Sexton, Weatherford/Lee, et al. just hasn't worked. Isn't it worth a shot to let the senior end his career the right way while Ponder & Richardson learn from the sidelines which had been successful for the Nole's for over a decade?
I agree with you about Drew. But after watching him not be able to beat and play horribly against FLA, I don't think he will get to play anymore. Remember, Drew is Jeff's boy.
A E Banks

Saint Petersburg, FL

#23 Sep 22, 2008
FSU Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
funny b/c the player or coach never complained it was a dirty hit...its called a cut block...o-lineman do it all the time...you act like he is the only one to do it...also...you apparently didn't read the article about him..he is a new man and very green on the field. did you see the block ricky williams threw on rodney harrison in the phins-pats game?? was that dirty or a penalty? no! next!!!
So your saying that was not an illegal block. Then I guess you are also saying the referee made a mistake giving the noles 2 personal foul penalties. They are fortunate Corry was not thrown out of the game after the 2nd one.
nole4life

United States

#24 Sep 22, 2008
Capt Ben, I respect your opinion, but if you are truly concerned, why are we in Iraq and not Pakistan or Afganistan, where the real "terrorists" are located? If you still believe that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11 there is no hope for you (or your grandchildren). Our troops and monies are being diverted to the wrong areas, and your party's concerns are misguided. At least we can agree on one thing---Noles will be back one day!
FSU Fan

Pompano Beach, FL

#25 Sep 22, 2008
A E Banks wrote:
<quoted text>So your saying that was not an illegal block. Then I guess you are also saying the referee made a mistake giving the noles 2 personal foul penalties. They are fortunate Corry was not thrown out of the game after the 2nd one.
it was an illegal block in college...and please learn to spell the kids name...thats at least 2 times you have spelled it wrong. it actually is very simple for such a brilliant UF guy to spell...Correy!

thrown out...wow..you are really delusional...i need to tell your guard you are messing with the computer again..

ok, so if i made an "illegal" pass interference call, i should be thrown out of the game, or made an "illegal" late hit out of bounds, i should be thrown out, or even better, made an "illegal" block in the back twice, i should be thrown out. you are confusing the law of the USA with the rules of football. unless there is a blatent attempt to injure, which only you believed happened, then the player will be warned, then ejected. so you need to redirect your hatred toward the official, not bobby or CORREY. banks, i can run you all day in matters of football. you so obviously have never played a down of football in your life and i have. against your mighty gators and even was a heartbeat from PLAYING for your team. i chose not to. not b/c of hatred or fear, or any excuse you can come up with. keep up the attacks on me....i am living off the Gov't for another week and even when i go back to work, i will still run you. consider this a FACTUAL attack and not a personal attack that you will probably say makes me feel better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graham Gano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No TDs, no problem: Cowboys kick their way to v... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Takefarts 4
News Redskins-Cowboys, best and worst (Sep '11) Sep '11 Osama 5
News Turnover sets up Redskins' overtime win in Jack... (Dec '10) Dec '10 rider 2
News A win that hurts so good (Nov '10) Nov '10 Matt 2
News No. 5 looks as good as ever (Sep '10) Sep '10 J-Dogg 1
News Fan Mailbag: Competition At Kicker? (Jun '10) Jun '10 Frank 1
News Gano signs free-agent deal with Ravens (Apr '09) Apr '09 Qball 1
More from around the web