Players still believe in Marinelli

Oct 18, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detnews.com

Rod Marinelli sits on the NFL's hottest seat -- the "Next Coach to be Fired" list.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
mike

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

the lions would be crazy to get rid of marinelli he's the first real coach weve had since wayne fontes. HE accepts responsibility for the players mistakes, he doesnt make excuses and he's actually drafted good players since he arrived. detroit is a very young team with a completely new offensive scheme, they switched to a zone blocking which isnt going to work right off the bat you have to give the players time to master it. I'm not saying he's jesus or anything like that but anyone who follows the lions should know that this is one of the more disciplined teams with a strong back bone who isnt afraid to take the blame for his players & in return he demands the players do what they are supposed to do.If they dont then there gone, how is he any different then bill parcells except the fact hes only in his 3rd year as head coach & he took over a dismal team just remember things will get better cause after the last 7 years they cant get any worse & if you think theres a better coach for detroit NAME HIM!!!!!
joebear

Bon Aqua, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Joe Schmidt
iceman01

Marshall, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

mike wrote:
the lions would be crazy to get rid of marinelli he's the first real coach weve had since wayne fontes. HE accepts responsibility for the players mistakes, he doesnt make excuses and he's actually drafted good players since he arrived. detroit is a very young team with a completely new offensive scheme, they switched to a zone blocking which isnt going to work right off the bat you have to give the players time to master it. I'm not saying he's jesus or anything like that but anyone who follows the lions should know that this is one of the more disciplined teams with a strong back bone who isnt afraid to take the blame for his players & in return he demands the players do what they are supposed to do.If they dont then there gone, how is he any different then bill parcells except the fact hes only in his 3rd year as head coach & he took over a dismal team just remember things will get better cause after the last 7 years they cant get any worse & if you think theres a better coach for detroit NAME HIM!!!!!
what kind of drugs are you on pal?? I have never seen so many players on one team that look like they don't have a clue as to what their assignments are. Bill Cower could be brought in for a voucher for a Ford pick-up and a corn dog. You make me sick blockhead. This is proffessional sports not high school (although it looked like it on turkey day).
CK Quick

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Maybe believing Rod is why the Lions haven't been able to get a win. Its pretty apparent that Rod is in over his head...or at least to everyone outside of the organization it is. But it's only half of the problem. The other half is that the players don't believe in themselves. From what I can see the Lions give up every week, whether its after building a lead only to be trounced in the second half or after get trounced 21-0 in the first quarter.

More on Rods total cluelessness:
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gosder Cherilus Discussions

Search the Gosder Cherilus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Undefeated Lions a nice surprise (Oct '11) Oct '11 Dirtyfarts 2
2011 NFL Draft Grades for the Detroit Lions (May '11) May '11 West Coast 1
USC's Tyron Smith visits Lions in advance of NF... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
As scouting combine nears, Detroit Lions likely... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Gomer 1
Gosder Cherilus undergoes microfracture surgery (Dec '10) Dec '10 LionsNo_9 1
Lions' Jim Schwartz won't name QB starter yet; ... (Dec '09) Dec '09 superbowl bound lions 1
Lions hope shake-up sparks offensive line (Oct '09) Oct '09 West Coast 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••