Chicago Bears: 5 Reasons to Take Jay ...

Chicago Bears: 5 Reasons to Take Jay Cutler over Aaron Rodgers

There are 20 comments on the BleacherReport story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Chicago Bears: 5 Reasons to Take Jay Cutler over Aaron Rodgers. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Don't get me wrong here, Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin is remarkable at his job.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

Laughing Bear Fan

Commerce City, CO

#1 Aug 17, 2011
Rogers is gay-er
Green Bay is a horse-crap town
Wisconsin women are horrendously fat
Packer fans have the lowest IQ per capita of any team in the nation
On St Patty's day all Packer fans go by O'Bese
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#2 Aug 17, 2011
I love the Bears, but don't be silly....gotta have better pies, the cheese, and the ring......
eric

Arpin, WI

#3 Aug 18, 2011
that's funny there isn't 1 legit reason to take Cutler over Rodgers.I'm not bagging on Cutler,but, he just isn't as good as Rodgers plain and simple
DEWY

Tomahawk, WI

#4 Aug 18, 2011
Number ONE reason would be that ,YOU ARE CRAZY AND NO NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL. Thats why they come up with all the other crap.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#5 Aug 18, 2011
Kinda worried about Urlachers getting into the breakdown phase of his career...especially the way he plays.....hope he holds up....
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Aug 18, 2011
eric wrote:
that's funny there isn't 1 legit reason to take Cutler over Rodgers.I'm not bagging on Cutler,but, he just isn't as good as Rodgers plain and simple
If Eli Manning is as good as Tom Brady (as he claims) I guess anything is possible. But I think most knowledgeable fans know what tier Manning and Cutler are in, and it isn't the top tier.
eric

Arpin, WI

#7 Aug 18, 2011
That comment kind of surprised me as well,but,guess you can appreciate the kids confidence!Now if we were talking the other Manning or Brady,that would be fun wouldnt it?
Laughing Bear Fan

Commerce City, CO

#8 Aug 18, 2011
eric wrote:
That comment kind of surprised me as well,but,guess you can appreciate the kids confidence!Now if we were talking the other Manning or Brady,that would be fun wouldnt it?
The 'other' manning only has one suberbowl victory over the immortal Rex Grossman. Not quite in (marsha) Brady's class
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#9 Aug 18, 2011
Hope Cutler's not a head case, this year.....
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#10 Aug 18, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
He's ALWAYS has and will been a head case, that's what is preventing him from being an elite QB. The guy has a rocket arm, moves well in the pocket, but seems to throw that head scratching pick and then its downhill from there. Favre threw head scratchers also, but was able to overcome them and win games, Cutler not so much. Its too bad, the guy has all the talent in the world.
eric

Arpin, WI

#11 Aug 18, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>The 'other' manning only has one suberbowl victory over the immortal Rex Grossman. Not quite in (marsha) Brady's class
THat may be true,but, how many SB has Marsha Brady won since they got caught cheating?
eric

Arpin, WI

#12 Aug 18, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
Cutler got SLAMMED for sitting out in the NFC title game and maybe unjustifiable.IF Brian Urlacher has respect for him and supports him,then id imagine that would be enough for most Bears fans ( as far as toughness).Yea,mentally you can get into Cutler's head and im not sure that will change.He has been in the NFL for a few years now,so what you get is what you get but again,Chicago was in the NFC title game,so there must be something there,although Urlacher is starting to get up there and that is a piece that will be hard to replace.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#13 Aug 19, 2011
Anybody see Vick, lastnite? Wonder if Andy Reid is regretting Kolb going to Arizona?
Laughing Bear Fan

Commerce City, CO

#14 Aug 19, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
Anybody see Vick, lastnite? Wonder if Andy Reid is regretting Kolb going to Arizona?
Do you mean Michael Pick?
Laughing Bear Fan

Commerce City, CO

#15 Aug 19, 2011
eric wrote:
<quoted text>THat may be true,but, how many SB has Marsha Brady won since they got caught cheating?
I didn't connect those dots Eric....until now
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#16 Aug 19, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>The 'other' manning only has one suberbowl victory over the immortal Rex Grossman. Not quite in (marsha) Brady's class
Yes, IF you consider football an individual sport. And Trent Dilfer has one more Super Bowl victory than Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly and and quite a few other HOF QBs combined. On the other hand, if you consider football a TEAM sport, no QB has any Super Bowl victories. They just may have happened to play QB for a TEAM that won a Super Bowl.
Laughing Bear Fan

Commerce City, CO

#17 Aug 19, 2011
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, IF you consider football an individual sport. And Trent Dilfer has one more Super Bowl victory than Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly and and quite a few other HOF QBs combined. On the other hand, if you consider football a TEAM sport, no QB has any Super Bowl victories. They just may have happened to play QB for a TEAM that won a Super Bowl.
Rex was fumbling, intercepting his way to immortality, kind of like Favre. I pin the loss squarely on his shoulders. After all Hester staked him to a 7 point lead returining the 1st kickoff. Haven't seen you around too much GBP. Still celebrating the SB?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 Aug 20, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Rex was fumbling, intercepting his way to immortality, kind of like Favre. I pin the loss squarely on his shoulders. After all Hester staked him to a 7 point lead returining the 1st kickoff. Haven't seen you around too much GBP. Still celebrating the SB?
I'm not saying a good QB can't or doesn't make a difference, but if Trent Dilfer can be a Super Bowl winning QB, who can't be a Super Bowl winning QB? Rex Grossman wouldn't be my first choice to lead a team into a Super Bowl, but that is true of most QBs on Super Bowl winning teams. Take the Packers for example. Many people consider him among the top QBs. How many consider him the best QB? It's great to have a good QB, but it's also great to have good running backs, wide receivers, tackles, guards, center, tight end, linebackers, defensive linemen, cornerbacks, safeties, punter, kicker, kick and punt returners and other special teams players. As the Packers showed last year, it's also great to have a number of decent backup players.

I'm around and definitely celebrating as long as I can, at least until the end of this year.
Laughing Bear Fan

Commerce City, CO

#19 Aug 22, 2011
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying a good QB can't or doesn't make a difference, but if Trent Dilfer can be a Super Bowl winning QB, who can't be a Super Bowl winning QB? Rex Grossman wouldn't be my first choice to lead a team into a Super Bowl, but that is true of most QBs on Super Bowl winning teams. Take the Packers for example. Many people consider him among the top QBs. How many consider him the best QB? It's great to have a good QB, but it's also great to have good running backs, wide receivers, tackles, guards, center, tight end, linebackers, defensive linemen, cornerbacks, safeties, punter, kicker, kick and punt returners and other special teams players. As the Packers showed last year, it's also great to have a number of decent backup players.
I'm around and definitely celebrating as long as I can, at least until the end of this year.
enjoy
Grossmanfarts

Houston, TX

#20 Aug 22, 2011
This is BS...if you are playing FFB...draft Cuntler and Teblow...championship....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gabe Carimi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News - Gabe Carimi Traded To Tampa (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 3
News Bears Sign Wide Receivers Aromashodu and Jackson (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Chicago Bears: Why I'm Not Worried About Gabe C... (May '13) May '13 Dave S 1
News Chicago Bears Spend Consecutive Offseasons Armi... (Mar '13) Mar '13 stuckinwisconsin 1
News Free Agents the Chicago Bears Should Avoid at A... (Jan '13) Jan '13 joe b 1
News Bears fire coach Lovie Smith after 9 seasons (Jan '13) Jan '13 Leon 2
News Chicago Bears: Gabe Carimi still settling in to... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Units Unite 2
More from around the web