Patriots trade Maroney to Broncos

Patriots trade Maroney to Broncos

There are 12 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Sep 14, 2010, titled Patriots trade Maroney to Broncos. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The New England Patriots have traded running back Laurence Maroney to the Denver Broncos.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

The Patriot

Stow, MA

#1 Sep 15, 2010
Long overdue.
Steve Tellers

United States

#2 Sep 15, 2010
He was not great, but better than the other utter mediocrities they have at the RB position.
Hash Browns

Lowell, MA

#3 Sep 15, 2010
Thank God.
Coach Hoody

Lowell, MA

#4 Sep 15, 2010
Steve Tellers wrote:
He was not great, but better than the other utter mediocrities they have at the RB position.
Dude, he's had several years to earn the top spot in the depth chart. If he can't outperform them, maybe he's the mediocrity.
just you wait and see

Boston, MA

#5 Sep 15, 2010
I just hope Bill gets his head out of his [email protected] and stops running back by commitee. I agree maroney has had a number of years to step up and has not. But we must be close to a premier backs salary if we just get rid of the 5 backs we have.
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#8 Sep 23, 2010
Fraud Taylor will be injured again

Watch it on spy film
Midnight Rambler

New York, NY

#9 Sep 25, 2010
Maroney had his own version of the quarterback slide. I never saw a running back who slipped or fell so much in my life. I can understand a small guy like Tate, a skinny guy like Moss, or a dissabled guy like Welker hitting the ground before they get hurt or fumble the ball, but Maroney was a non-contact back in a contact sport. At best, he played scared. At worst his performance was calculated to extend his career and game the system. I can't say for sure if this is true, but he reminds me of Pervis Ellison - a high draft choice who had it made before he put on the uniform. Why bother working? Pervis knew how to game the system like no one else. He knew how to act, what to say, and he doled out his talent in tantalizing but ultimately small amounts. BB's vague comment "It's time to move on" contains the slightest hint of cynicism without betraying the contempt the organization probably feels toward Maroney.
Hash Browns

Lowell, MA

#10 Sep 27, 2010
He was bad as bad gets. Never ran forward and tried to POP WARNER his way, left or right of the scrimmage line, thru a defense. Again THANK GOD he is someone else's problem.
Midnight Rambler

New York, NY

#11 Oct 3, 2010
just you wait and see wrote:
I just hope Bill gets his head out of his [email protected] and stops running back by commitee. I agree maroney has had a number of years to step up and has not. But we must be close to a premier backs salary if we just get rid of the 5 backs we have.
I agree and disagree with your sentiments.

I disagree that running back by committee is a mistake. Several years ago it was novel idea but now its the norm. The game is more violent now and you've got to have another good back to minimize the impact of injuries.

I do agree that for the price of two or three RBs we could and SHOULD buy a premier back.

As for Bill getting his head out of his behind, he can be very stubborn but that goes with being a genius.
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#12 Oct 14, 2010
Geniusfarts
Wes

Lowell, MA

#13 Oct 14, 2010
Bullfarts wrote:
Geniusfarts
Seahawks are looking pretty good these days huh?
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#14 Oct 19, 2010
Seahagfarts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fred Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A new generation of Patriots excellence - Senti... (Jan '11) Jan '11 John 1
News Patriots' Taylor eager to return - Sentinel & E... (Nov '10) Nov '10 hii 1
News Brady leads Patriots against Rivers in San Diego (Oct '10) Oct '10 Brady Too Dominan... 1
News Teammates defend Moss after his postgame remarks (Sep '10) Sep '10 Midnight Rambler 3
News Patriots RB Faulk out for year with knee injury (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bullfarts 2
News Teammates defend outspoken receiver (Sep '10) Sep '10 The Patriot 2
News Fantasy football: Big-name players disappearing (Sep '10) Sep '10 anon 1
More from around the web